PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Websites

priyanka59
06-20-2002, 12:45 PM
Hey you guys, umm, since all of us here are big Disneyland fans can some of you do me a favor and check out the new website that I bought and built myself. It is about Disneyland. Please check it out and tell me if it is good or not and sign my guestbook! The link to the guestbook is in the first paragraph on the homepage! Thanks you guys. Also check out the photo page.

The website: www.priyadisneyland.worldbreak.com

smd4
06-20-2002, 01:07 PM
Priyanka,

I think you've done an outstanding job on your website! I like the colors and graphic layout.

I have one suggestion for you. On the "photos" page, the images are so large, and there are so many on one page, that they are kinda hard to look at. Is there some way for you to make thumbnails of these, and you could click on them to see a larger version?

That's my only suggestion. keep up the good work!

priyanka59
06-20-2002, 01:10 PM
Thanks Steve, I appreciate it and I will try to get the pictures thing fixed

socabch
06-20-2002, 01:25 PM
Hi everyone!!! Missed you guys. Been busy for a week trying to set up a home business. Glad to be back and so many new people.

Back to thread subject. Your webpage is off to a great start. I enjoyed it. I agree smd4 on the pics. It would be easier on the eyes. I loved your links and glad you included MousePlanet. Keep up the great job on your site.

SoCalSnowWhite
06-20-2002, 01:27 PM
Great job!! Nice colors and layout!!:D

priyanka59
06-20-2002, 01:28 PM
Thanks you guys, your great! I'm glad you enjoyed the site!

Disney Nick
06-20-2002, 01:47 PM
Out of curiousity what resolution is your monitor at? I'm at 1024x768 and along with 800x600, these are the most popular monitor sizes. The problem with your site is that you have to horizontally scroll in order to use it. So I would make it smaller width wise. Take a look at MousePlanet with different resolutions to get what I mean. This site is obviously made for a very high resolution which most people don't have. If you want to get the site to more people, fix that problem, because I know that I personally won't spend much time at a web site where I have to horizontally scroll.

Disney Nick
06-20-2002, 01:48 PM
Oh yes, and if you can try to fix the amount of popups, I got 3 on the main page as soon as I clicked the link.

Lani
06-20-2002, 02:17 PM
priyanka59 -- you mention at your Web site that you are not quite yet 13 years old. I hope this is outdated information, because we do not permit people under 13 to post on MousePad. We will however, be happy to wait for you to reach your 13th birthday, at which time we can reactivate your account.

smd4
06-20-2002, 02:33 PM
According to Priyanka's profile, Priyanka is 13, and will be 14 in a few months.

priyanka59
06-20-2002, 09:42 PM
Thanks Steve, you are correct, I am 13. It was just that I hadn't updated my website in a long time. Thanks you guys for showing me how important it is to update your website. I had one of my friends e-mail Lani and explain what happened for me. Thank-God she is so understanding and so nice! Well that solves my problem sort of.

Lani
06-20-2002, 09:58 PM
Thank you smd4 and priyanka59 -- and priyanka, thank your friend Brittany (I have already sent her email offline).

Steve, as you can imagine we have a great responsibility to make sure that we adhere to our own policy, which means we follow the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) laws.

Priyanka, I wish I was as creative when I was your age. You have put together a nice little Web page of Disneyland stuff. Welcome to MousePad.

JoeCanadian
06-20-2002, 10:32 PM
Great site. If you want my honest opinion, it's got a very professional look to it.

But, I'd agree that the images on the photo section should be thumbnailed. Doing so greatly speeds up the time it takes to load the page. I'm sure the amount of bandwidth spent uploading the page could be saved as well.

Great pictures and great site all-around though.