PDA

View Full Version : October Ridemax - Mickey's Halloween Treat

FunMom
06-09-2007, 12:35 AM
We will be DL on October 5,6 & 7 (Fri-Sun of Discover's Day weekend).

Ridemax has made July visits WONDERFUL for us. This time, will the long weekend mean we should untilize Ridemax again?

I've searched the threads, but am still unsure of what exactly happens during Mickey's Halloween Treat. Are tickets still available - and will they hold that event on the days we'll be there? Based on how excited posters are to have received their tickets, I presume it is an event that is worth buying AP's just so we can have the opportunity to go - correct?

Thanks for your help!

SeansMom
06-09-2007, 03:38 PM
I THINK that it's held after regular hours, or maybe they shorten the hours. I've never been, but I know people have stated that the ride wait times were short because a lot of guests were taking part in the other activities offered. Maybe do a search and see what comes up.

ubaisore
06-10-2007, 05:56 AM
You dont have to buy an AP to go....tickets to the public will start on Aug 1...

It is an event at DCA after "regular" hours where you can dress up adn they have candy giveaways, character meeting spots, and bands....just kind of a Halloween themed party...reports are that it is really fun...hope that helps

emilousmom
06-10-2007, 02:39 PM
You can also buy tickets if you have a Disney Visa. I just got the info this last week. I will find it and post a thread if I can't find it anywhere else.

Ang

Danh
06-10-2007, 05:38 PM
I saw what date you chose and noticed it also happens to be the dates I had selected for my visit but I ran across something that caused me to change dates. Namely, http://www.gaydaysanaheim.com/html/home.html

I have small children and I really don't want to have to try to explain the issues of sexuality to them IF they see any overt signs of affection..... It's not something they've seen before and frankly would be extremely odd to them. I don't lie to my children and I don't agree with that lifestyle so I can just imagine trying to explain it to them in a crowd....not a situation I want to be in.

Nor am I trying to tell everyone else what to do. I just felt you should be fully aware of those dates.

Dan

SANDYMARIE
06-10-2007, 06:28 PM
I saw what date you chose and noticed it also happens to be the dates I had selected for my visit but I ran across something that caused me to change dates. Namely, http://www.gaydaysanaheim.com/html/home.html

I have small children and I really don't want to have to try to explain the issues of sexuality to them IF they see any overt signs of affection..... It's not something they've seen before and frankly would be extremely odd to them. I don't lie to my children and I don't agree with that lifestyle so I can just imagine trying to explain it to them in a crowd....not a situation I want to be in.

Nor am I trying to tell everyone else what to do. I just felt you should be fully aware of those dates.

Dan

Thanks for the info. We are doing the Halloween treat on the 4th and leaving for home on the 5th.

TTFN :)

josephfive
06-13-2007, 03:45 PM
I would say that you most likely do not need Ridemax.

The Halloween Treat is held at DCA. They close the park early and then let all the Treaters in. Most of the rides are walk ons, especially the fast rides. Last year, Screamin had a 5 minute wait. On the other hand, A Bug's Land is jammed.

But what exactly happens is you enter, you get a special map that will indicate where the treat stations are and where the character photo ops are.
If you have girls, the Princess photo line is jammed.

So basically, you get to walk around DCA (in costume or not), get a ton of candy, take photos with your favorite characters and ride on the attractions.