PDA

View Full Version : First Time at Disney(land)

Suzie Minnie
06-09-2007, 12:23 AM
So, we will be going to Disney in July (girls trip!!!). One of my friends is in her late 20's and she has never been to a Disney park. They said we could stop by City Hall and get a sticker or a pin (not quite sure which) for her. Any other suggestions for someone's first trip to see the mouse?

Thanks so much!! :D

canadianmom
06-09-2007, 04:52 AM
Definitely stop at city hall for the button. If you can get Fantasmic Balcony Seats I would recommend them. Get your picture taken anytime possible by a Disney photographer and at the end of the trip buy the Photopass CD. But get your picture taken by every photographer and even go back on different days and get them done, then buy the CD. You will own the rights to the photos and can take them anywhere to be enlarged.

Stupid_American
06-09-2007, 06:46 AM
Lunch at Blue Bayou always impresses a newbie.
Make a reservation. 714-781-DINE

Susan L
06-09-2007, 07:39 AM
Grils trips are a blast at DL. Have a wonderful time.

Suzie Minnie
06-09-2007, 11:32 AM
Wow, I didn't know about the photopass CD. That sounds neat. Thanks so much!

Yes, we definately have lunch reservations at the Blue Bayou. We are going in July so I haven't been able to make the Fantasmic reservations yet since it isn't quite 30 days out.

She is letting me make all of the plans since she doesn't know anything. I have made plans for all of our lunches and dinners. We have our 3 day hopper passes already.

I bet City Hall has a huge line right after they open?

Drince88
06-09-2007, 11:44 AM
Wow, I didn't know about the photopass CD. That sounds neat. Thanks so much!

It is spendy, though, so be prepared for that! That's why you want them to take LOTS AND LOTS of pictures, so that it's 'worthwhile' cost wise.

(I think the price is between 100 and 120)

Suzie Minnie
06-09-2007, 03:12 PM
WOW, that is a lot of money for photos. I think we will bring our own cameras for that price. We are already putting out a lot of money for this trip. I plan on buying tickets for Fantasmic balcony or river seating. I tried already but they will only let me book them 30 days out and it is almost 30 days out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!! :D :D :D
We have reservations for the following restaurants for lunch: Cafe Orleans, Wine Country Trattoria and Blue Bayou. We have reservations for the following for dinner: Naples Ristorante (DTD), The Vineyard Room and Carnation Cafe.
We decided against getting breakfast reservations and will instead eat fruit and granola bars or something like that.
I do appreciate your ideas so far!! :fez:

Drince88
06-09-2007, 04:44 PM
Suzie, is it 30 days or one month? Some months that's the same thing, other months, not. If it's different, I'd call the earlier of the two just in case. Hate to have you miss it by a day - and all it costs is a phone call!

VegasMike21
06-10-2007, 01:03 AM
If you can get Fantasmic Balcony Seats I would recommend them.

I believe the Balcony seats are NOT offered anymore. Only the regular seats are offered and you get a dessert box filled with cookies, chocolate strawberries, etc. No more dessert buffet.

PanFan
06-10-2007, 01:07 AM
I bet City Hall has a huge line right after they open?

It may be. If it is, just go straight over to the Info board at the Hub (near the entrance to Adventureland). They'll have them there as well. Many attractions have them as well.

emmah
06-10-2007, 04:11 AM
I believe the Balcony seats are NOT offered anymore. Only the regular seats are offered and you get a dessert box filled with cookies, chocolate strawberries, etc. No more dessert buffet.

I think, from other threads, that the balcony is now back in business, so you may want to check around about that.

tod
06-10-2007, 07:16 AM
Lunch at Blue Bayou always impresses a newbie.
Make a reservation. 714-781-DINE

If you go to the Blue Bayou, make sure you go on Pirates first.

"We'll be eating there later."

--t

VegasMike21
06-10-2007, 07:49 AM
I think, from other threads, that the balcony is now back in business, so you may want to check around about that.

Your correct, they did bring it back after closing it for awhile. I believe they had some sort of issue with the lighting or something up there.

Suzie Minnie
06-10-2007, 11:24 PM
OK great! If we get balcony seats will we also get the dessert box? I am going to call tomorrow to find out about this.
My friend is afraid of heights and coasters. Is anyone else afraid of those rides? If you have those fears, are there any "big rides" that you will go on? It is hard for me to tell b/c I will go on any ride. I assume Pirates and Haunted Mansion will be ok. To me, Big Thundar seems ok but what do I know?
I am asking b/c I am trying to schedule our day through Ridemax. My other friend will be there the other 2 days and we will go on all the big rides. Any suggestions of what my friend can do while we're on space mountain and that coaster at C.A.? :cool:

Thank you so much for your input.

Leap for Joy
06-11-2007, 05:03 AM
My friend is afraid of heights and coasters. Is anyone else afraid of those rides? If you have those fears, are there any "big rides" that you will go on? It is hard for me to tell b/c I will go on any ride.

It's hard to say since everyone is different. I have two friends who are terrified on Splash Mountain. They'll do it, but it scares them every time. The same two friends LOVE Space Mountain!

I'd schedule all of the rides with RideMax and then let her decide when she sees them. You can replace the big rides in your plan with other activities as needed.

emmah
06-11-2007, 12:18 PM
OK great! If we get balcony seats will we also get the dessert box?

Hi, the balcony, when I did it last year, was a buffet where you helped your self. I understand that those who have seating down on the terrace, are given a box of goodies instead of a buffet. I don't know if this has changed in the interim.

Suzie Minnie
06-14-2007, 12:22 PM
Good news! We have confirmed our balcony seats for July!! They are offering it again and the Disney lady said it includes a dessert buffet. It is 1PM and she said we bought one of the last available seats for balcony. That means spots are selling fast!

Suzie Minnie
06-14-2007, 12:24 PM
One question. Where is the balcony at? LOLOL I have the tickets and I don't know where to go for the show!!

wenderella
06-14-2007, 12:40 PM
The Balcony is above the Pirates of the Caribbean Entrance through the Disney Gallery. Have a great time. We've done this before and it is well worth it.

Suzie Minnie
06-14-2007, 01:56 PM
Thanks so much for that info.!!

StitchesGlitch
06-14-2007, 07:05 PM
How far in advance do you have to book the balcony seating?
We are going end Oct/Nov

Suzie Minnie
06-14-2007, 11:35 PM
I am not quite sure. It is either 30 days or one month. I booked July 14th on June 14th. They said to call at 8AM (when their phone lines open) to get seats. I waited till 1PM b/c I thought I'd book it for the next day instead then changed my mind and I barely got in.

DrAlice
06-15-2007, 01:01 PM
My friend is afraid of heights and coasters. I assume Pirates and Haunted Mansion will be ok. To me, Big Thundar seems ok but what do I know?
I am asking b/c I am trying to schedule our day through Ridemax. .

The friend that I go with every year (we do a girls trip too!) is deathly afraid of heights, she won't do Splash Mountain, but does basically everything else in DL. Big Thunder, the Matterhorn, and Space Mountain don't really have big drops, only little ones - they are mostly fast. If she's really chicken of the Matterhorn, take the Fantasyland side of the ride - it is tamer. Pirates has one mild drop, she should be ok. All other rides are fine.

At DCA, there is a lot of stuff we don't go on, due to the heights issue. Ironically, I can get her on CA Screamin, but she usually takes an anti-anxiety pill first. ;)

If you can't get her on Space Mountain, she can always ride AstroBlasters to improve her score or Star Tours or play around in Innoventions (the show with the Honda robot is cool).

-A