PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report 6/2-6/5

wabby1
06-08-2007, 10:43 AM
Just got back from our 4-day trip to the park. Overall it was a good trip. The crowds were moderate in comparison to previous trips we've made. What was interesting to me is that it seemed the crowds were larger on Monday and Tuesday of this week than they were on the weekend. All in all it was a good trip. Unfortunately, I had my foot in a cast due to some ankle problems, and had to navigate around the park on a scooter. The handicap entrances to most attractions were accomodating, however I felt that the access to most attractions was inconsistent. With some of them, we were able to get immediately on without wait or problem, but others were quite time-consuming. I have no problem waiting in line....but it seems like the accomodations for those with disabilities is not consistent across the board.

Our first attraction was Pirates. We continued the tradition of riding it first. I will say that this is the first time riding it with the new Jack Sparrow enhancements, and while I thought it was good (I rode on it 3 times)....I yearned for it the way it was before the enhancements. New Orleans Square in general has definitely taken on a Pirates theme, and it was in abundance. I can certainly see why with the success of the movies, and the youngsters relating more to it.

The Matterhorn was really "jerky" this time out. Most of the people in our party felt the same way. I think they need to smooth it out a bit.

And naturally, we were disappointed in not being able to go on Finding Nemo as yet. The cast members were able to ride it over Saturday through Monday, and each had a designated appointment or time they had to be there to ride it. I'm anxious for the reviews later next week.

I enjoyed California Adventure this time out probably more so than any other. DCA has really grown on me, and the crowds and attractions are more geared for my demographic. But...there's nothing like Disneyland. It will always hold that special place in my heart.

Syndrome
06-08-2007, 10:53 AM
The Matterhorn was really "jerky" this time out. Most of the people in our party felt the same way. I think they need to smooth it out a bit.

Which side of the ride did you take? One side is "jerkier" than the other.

yellowrosedtxn
06-08-2007, 12:09 PM
Really? Which side is more jerky than the other. When I went in May I rode it twice on the Tomorrowland side. I did not ride the Fantasyland side though. I TRIED to get a picture of the Abominable Snowman dude, but it didn't work.