PDA

View Full Version : So excited! Just booked a fun trip to DLR!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
06-07-2007, 11:57 AM
My dear friend that I have known since 3rd grade and I have reconnected. When we were growing up, we would go on eachothers family vacations to DLR, we were 2 peas in a pod. She hasn't been in years, and is taking her kids to WDW in September. We got to talking about how fun it would be if just she and I went to DLR sometime, no kids and just played like we use to. She said, let's stop talking and book it.
So we did. Just a short trip as she has 6 kiddos that her DH will have to deal with alone. We fly in on July 11th and then out on the 13th. But it is going to be a great time of fun for she and I. AND I am hoping we even get on Nemo.
I am not one to go in summer for crowds etc., but for this, I am making an exception.
I am very excited!

ssturgeo
06-07-2007, 12:36 PM
Good for you!! Sounds like fun...any trip to DL, quick or not...is a good one!!!

WITron
06-08-2007, 05:10 AM
I did this earlier this year. I found out that my best friend, who I haven't seen in about 10 years was going to be out there, so I booked a quick weekend trip. We also met up with some of our other good friends, who still live in the area and their spouses. We had such a blast. we spent a little while catching up on what we have been up to and then it was like old times spent at the park.

I hope you have a great time and report back with how the trip went.

wvnative
06-08-2007, 07:53 AM
I was conversing with my best friend form HS (who I haven't seen in a decade or so) a week or two ago. I was telling her I need to take my sister to DL because she's never been. I need to get her hooked before the kid deserts me. lol My friend told me that I'd always have her to tag along. I'm sure we'll be booking a trip soon. lol

I'm sure you'll have a blast with your friend!

beansf
06-08-2007, 08:28 AM
I think that is so cool that you have reconnected with your friend and are taking a girls only trip. I hope you have a wonderful time!

cantwait
06-08-2007, 08:35 AM
Your trip sounds like it will be completely F-U-N !!

Enjoy!

Mrs Mouse
06-08-2007, 08:53 AM
No place better to do some catching up than in the Happiest Place on Earth!

Have a great trip & visit - we'll be there at the same time as you!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
06-13-2007, 07:37 PM
Thanks everyone. We are getting really excited about the trip. It will be nice to reconnect for sure. LOTS of catching up to do.

nvmom
06-13-2007, 07:58 PM
That's so cool! Have a great time...

nvmom

Suzie Minnie
06-14-2007, 12:30 PM
Oh yes, I know what you mean. We are doing a girls trip in July and I will be reconnenting with my good friend there. I just got off the phone with Disney b/c I booked our Fantasmic balcony tickets.

We are going to be riding the monorail to DTD and the lady told me to get my hand stamped or they will take a day off of our 3 day hopper passes when we re-enter the park. True? How does that work?

jeffthechef
06-14-2007, 01:19 PM
Life is too short for missed opportunities. Have lots of fun:cool: