PDA

View Full Version : What Is Your Favorite Ride Vehicle In The Parks?

Pages : [1] 2

awinner
06-19-2002, 11:21 PM
While I don't go on the ride much, I really enjoy the look of the Casey Train, I also like the Doombuggie, cause the seat is rather quite cozy and comfortable. What about you?

WDWalways
06-20-2002, 07:00 AM
I like the vehicles for Peter Pan's Flight.

hbquikcomjamesl
06-20-2002, 07:45 AM
. . . I also like the Doombuggie . . .

Actually, the generic technical term for "Doom Buggies" and "Atomobiles" is "Omnimover."

For my own part, though, I think I have to go with a system from the other coast, one that has yet to make it to anaheim: the rolling blocks of theatre seats WDW uses for The Great Movie Ride and Ellen's Energy Adventure.

Of course, I also rather like the Indiana Jones/Dinosaur jeeps.

smd4
06-20-2002, 09:48 AM
Disneyland Railroad, Holiday Red No. 201.

Not Afraid
06-20-2002, 10:00 AM
For pure visual delight, I must go with the "Alice" vehicles. For love, it is Dumbo. For nostalgia, it is the Tea Cups.
For comfort, it is the Monorail (back car, please). For "romance" the HM's Doom Buggy (the last great make-out ride in the park).

Uncle Dick
06-20-2002, 10:10 AM
I love the Superstar Limo limos!! Woohoo! Go SSL!!

Seriously though, the Indy jeeps rule.

BELLEH5
06-20-2002, 11:11 AM
I don't know the boats used in POTC and IASW count as ride vehicles, but they are so roomy(if your by yourself) and when I'm in those boats I really feel the magic of DL. I also like the vehicles used in "Mr Toads Wild Ride", Pinocchio and Snow White.

Ace
06-20-2002, 12:12 PM
Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye Transport Jeeps! Thumping sound system, crazy lifts (hydarulics, in rap speak) and room for 12!

priyanka59
06-20-2002, 12:48 PM
my favorite ride vehicles in the park would probably have to be the Peter Pan's Flight ships and the Alice in Wonderland caterpillars, and the Splash Mountain logs. Oh and also the Rocket Rods vehicles, those I have been in but that ride has been closed down.

socabch
06-20-2002, 01:43 PM
I love the Indy Jeeps first and then Doombuggies.

PineapplePrincess
06-20-2002, 01:47 PM
hmmmmm....Splash logs, the Doom buggies and the last row of POTC :)

Undertaker72
06-20-2002, 02:08 PM
Heyy I like the back row of POTC too. And the Indy jeeps. The extinct Peoplemover.:crying:

MagicBeliever
06-20-2002, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by WDWalways
I like the vehicles for Peter Pan's Flight.

i must agree here. i also love, of course, the indy jeeps - everybody always takes turns driving.

SoCalSnowWhite
06-20-2002, 02:26 PM
Indy jeeps for the ride, Peter Pan for the look

TerryTiger
06-20-2002, 03:17 PM
Matterhorn Bobsleds!

The last remaining lap-sitting ride in the park...

TheMur
06-20-2002, 03:41 PM
As a kid - Submarines

Always - Mr toad cars & Peter Pan flying ships

Mur

hmbldr
06-20-2002, 06:07 PM
Well, it may not have been dark, but the skyway buckets were the best. Where else can you actually get away from it all, alone with your sweetie, away from the CMs, crowds and cameras! (I think?) And a great view of the Park.

The doombuggies are great, but before that was the omnimover of Adventure through InnerSpace.

As a kid the Peter Pan ships are fantastic - as others have mentioned.

:) :) :)

SpacedOutCM
06-20-2002, 06:21 PM
My favorite ride vehicles are:

Catapillar - Alice
Dumbo
animal cage - Casey Jr.
Peoplemover
It's a small world boat

I don't know if the rotating theater for America Sings counts as a vehicle but i sure did loved it when the theater would being to rotate and then when it gets to the next scene it would stop and then move back a little to get into position. :p Gosh, i miss that!

Pirate
06-20-2002, 07:09 PM
Indy Jeeps
R & R
(& the big boats....Mark Twain & Columbia)

cemeinke
06-20-2002, 11:30 PM
While I love the omnimover in both it's incarnations (Atomobile & Doombuggy), I think the best looking ride vehicle has to be the Caterpillar on Alice.

Ace
06-21-2002, 09:05 AM
nah... the best looking ride vehicle is the Mark Twain. tee hee. The Roger Rabbit cabs are pretty good, as is the Jolly Trolley. And those little beavers on the SM logs are just so cute.

stinkerbell
06-21-2002, 11:36 PM
Indy Jeeps
Peter Pan
PeopleMover
Carousel
and
Matterhorn Bobsleds

I love the Alice Caterpillars because a younger child (or two) can sit in front of you and feel like a "big" kid and they're totally cute and comfy as all heck.

And the Columbia is so cool looking, but the Mark Twain always takes my breath away the first time I see it every trip to DL. :)

CaliforniaCrazy
06-22-2002, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Squinky
And those little beavers on the SM logs are just so cute.

Are you sure those are little beavers? I always thought they were Brer Rabbit's head. ;)

Matterhorn Fan
06-22-2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by BELLEH5
I don't know the boats used in POTC and IASW count as ride vehicles, but they are so roomy(if your by yourself) [ . . . ]Yes, but if you're with two or three other people on Pirates, you can sit on the left and pretend that you're on Splash Mountain. :D

HTHBellcaptain
06-22-2002, 07:37 PM
Until the Hollywood Tower Hotel opens up at DCA, my vote goes to the bobsleds at the Matterhorn.