PDA

View Full Version : AP Nemo Preview today -- Nemo Soft Opening Reports

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

BQ2
06-06-2007, 08:14 PM
No lines at all! ZERO!! WE Had a 1:00 preview time, first rode it around 9:30am. We showed them our 1:00 ticket, I asked If we could ride it earlier? They said "yes" I said WOW year of one million and one dreams! They handed me back our 1:00 tickets and said one million and Two dreams. Come back and ride at 1:00. WE did just that! Loads of happy faces abounded!! CM's and upper staff where everywhere with big smiles they were all proud of the reopening of this classic attraction!

BQ2

julw
06-06-2007, 08:18 PM
Oh- that is So great! Congrats to you!

I only hope to ride it once during our 6 day trip in July:confused:

biolabetty
06-06-2007, 08:26 PM
I noticed no lines when I went by today, and I kept telling myself they could have probably selected more people than they did. I unfortunately wasn't one of the chosen. I hope everyone who got to ride had a great time!:)

Koala Gurl
06-06-2007, 08:56 PM
That is awesome!!

(But a bummer to those who didn't win, hearing there was NO line???)

THpoohbear
06-06-2007, 09:08 PM
DH and I got to go tonight due to the generosity of a fellow mouse padder sharing their spots with us. We thoroughly enjoyed it! There was around a 5 to 10 minute wait for us. (I really think it was less than 10). I was pleasantly surprised because I was expecting a long line.

I wonder if the short lines are due in part to winners not showing up, or people winning 6 spots and then taking, say, 3 people. I know my friend won for a slot tomorrow, but she ended up having to work, so there goes 6 spots unused. A CM did tell us that when the line dwindles down, they let in APers without tickets. So if you don't have a spot for tomorrow, you may try to stalk the entrance to see if they open the line up at some point to those without tickets.

I would wait in a long line for this ride. Perhaps over an hour. 2 or 3, probably not, but then I know I'm spoiled by having an AP and I know I can return later. The ride surpassed my expectations. Enjoy!

abkb76
06-06-2007, 09:12 PM
I was a bit sad when I walked by today, without a preview ticket...but then pleasantly surprised when I walked by again and they were letting any APs on the ride. Even better was that there wasn't a line.
:)
I go once a week or so to the park, have never won anything so I was super exicted!
I'm going back again tomorrow...
-Amber

biolabetty
06-06-2007, 09:16 PM
I was a bit sad when I walked by today, without a preview ticket...but then pleasantly surprised when I walked by again and they were letting any APs on the ride. Even better was that there wasn't a line.
I go once a week or so to the park, have never won anything so I was super exicted!
I'm going back again tomorrow...
-Amber

Oh, how I wish I'd known they would have let me on today, my kids wanted to go on it so badly. Sigh.

Koala Gurl
06-06-2007, 09:17 PM
A friend of mine heard APs would be let in, and I told her "no way!" Guess she was right!

I wouldn't mind waiting, but my 2 yo will never wait more than 20 - 30 minutes.

Tinker Bell
06-06-2007, 09:24 PM
I know what ride I am going by first thing this morn. Cross your finger for me.

crrees
06-06-2007, 09:48 PM
anyone who gets to ride wanna take pics for us WDW folk who dream of a ride like our TTLUTS?

nursemelis374
06-07-2007, 07:40 AM
Well, it broke down from 8:30 on last night so we never got to ride! We were bummed, but those are the breaks! I wonder if it will be working today.

AVP
06-07-2007, 08:20 AM
anyone who gets to ride wanna take pics for us WDW folk who dream of a ride like our TTLUTS?We've received a bunch of photos, but the underwater shots are really too dark to be of much use.

AVP

RocketRob
06-07-2007, 08:37 AM
What do you think the chances of APs getting in tonight are? Have they been letting non-preview ticketholders ride during the evening hours?

AVP
06-07-2007, 09:11 AM
What do you think the chances of APs getting in tonight are? Have they been letting non-preview ticketholders ride during the evening hours?Don't forget that the park closes early tonight for grad night.

AVP

THpoohbear
06-07-2007, 09:17 AM
anyone who gets to ride wanna take pics for us WDW folk who dream of a ride like our TTLUTS?

Yesterday evening the cast member on the sub was very clear that no photos at all were to be taken. At first it sounded like he meant no video, but then later repeated no photos at all. I don't know if that was just him or if other CM's have been telling their subs the same thing.

D. Duck
06-07-2007, 10:47 AM
Yesterday on our sub people were taking pictures and nothing was said.

charpaul
06-07-2007, 10:55 AM
On Monday - CM preview - No cameras or recording devices were to be used.

BUT - If you check out Finding Nemo in YouTube - you can see someone has posted a couple sections from the attraction there....

chrisaustx
06-07-2007, 12:18 PM
I have just returned from the park and took some photos of people being loaded onto the subs. From my research on the A/P preview debacle, I have learned the following:
1. The majority of people who "won" tickets live outside of the local area and Disney wanted them to travel to to park today to get hotel room bookings. I know several people from CA, OR, TX and WA who "won" and traveled down here today I didn't find a single local in line today.
2. The subs had some type if issue last night and stopped operating.
3. Cast members will not not allow any un ticketed persons on the subs today, no matter the excuse, the onslaught of the people for the preview were selected today.

The queue line is being prepared as we speak to sneak though the motor boat cruise area down to Small World then to Toontown.

Someone I know who works at Disneyland admitted the "winners" were selected by the geographic area and with the hopes that people would make an early trip to Disneyland. The locals were not favored in this "drawing."

So if you attempt to ride the subs today and don't have a ticket, from what I was told, it won't happen.

avalosn
06-07-2007, 12:39 PM
Yesterday evening the cast member on the sub was very clear that no photos at all were to be taken. At first it sounded like he meant no video, but then later repeated no photos at all. I don't know if that was just him or if other CM's have been telling their subs the same thing.

I went this morning and took a bunch of pics. Nobody said anything to me about not taking them....:confused:

AVP
06-07-2007, 12:42 PM
3. Cast members will not not allow any un ticketed persons on the subs today, no matter the excuse, the onslaught of the people for the preview were selected today.

[snip]

So if you attempt to ride the subs today and don't have a ticket, from what I was told, it won't happen.Chris, I'm sorry but you're just quite simply wrong. I did not win the AP lottery and still rode three times in two hours today, saw several more APs be allowed into the line without the ticket, and even saw two different non-AP families allowed into the line. It all depends on how long the line is, and if it is as short as it was between 11 and 1 today, they are making exceptions and allowing more people to ride.

Also, I took photos and full video on my trips, including during a trip through the "Observation Room," and nobody even blinked.

AVP

Malcon10t
06-07-2007, 12:44 PM
Someone I know who works at Disneyland admitted the "winners" were selected by the geographic area and with the hopes that people would make an early trip to Disneyland. The locals were not favored in this "drawing."Interesting, because all the winners I know who are going today are locals. And the 2 families from Washington I know who did enter did not win. Time to make a phone call and find out about this "illegal" drawing then. I am amazed someone would admit to this.

Malcon10t
06-07-2007, 12:46 PM
Christ, I'm sorry but you're just quite simply wrong. I did not win the AP lottery and still rode three times in two hours today, saw several more APs be allowed into the line without the ticket, and even saw two different non-AP families allowed into the line. It all depends on how long the line is, and if it is as short as it was between 11 and 1 today, they are making exceptions and allowing more people to ride.

Also, I took photos and full video on my trips, including during a trip through the "Observation Room," and nobody even blinked.

AVPThank you AVP for this update. I didn't think the information could be accurate. I am glad you posted the correct info.

avalosn
06-07-2007, 12:55 PM
Our time was from 9am-10am this morning and they were having some problems with the subs. We didn't get on until about 9:20 but it was okay b/c my boyfriend waited in line while my son ate breakfast. Since we had invites for Nemo at 9am, we were also given Early Entry as well. This was nice because we could do some other rides before going over to Nemo. From where we were in line, it only took about five minutes for us to get in the boarding area.

Also, here is a safety tip: When getting into the sub, be very careful because it has a staircase that spirals into the sub. It can be a little steep and I saw two other kids fall down trying to get down the stairs, including mine. The lady behind us had multiple children with her and was trying to carry one in and help the others. She dropped just about everything she was carrying (i.e. cell phone, purse, water) except her child. Just be careful when entering the sub.

The ride was okay. I was expecting a little more, my son really liked it though. Give it a try and see what you think. Also, we did have a couple criers in our sub because there is a part where it can be a kind of unpredictable for the little ones. My son looked a little worried during this part, but he was alright. If you want to know or have questions, PM me.

Tinker Bell
06-07-2007, 12:56 PM
I went over there this morn and they let me and my DD on. She loved it.

On a side not on safety my DD almost slid between the sub and ramp. Make sure to hold you little one and help them make that big step across. Also do not let them rub there fingers around the windows. They are sharp and will cut little fingers. The little girl behind me learned that one the hard way.

avalosn
06-07-2007, 01:01 PM
Hey, Malcon10t, were you there this morning? There was a group behind us with a yellow doggie wearing a yellow and blue cape.