PDA

View Full Version : wierd ride changes

Superty88
06-19-2002, 10:49 PM
K late last week and early last week I was in Disneyland and I noticed some wierd ride changes. The first rides I went on were Haunted Mansion, pirates, and splash. Splash sucked big time in my mind. I loved the new seats. Hated the 2x longer line. Hated that the ride goes 2x as fast as befor. Hated that I could barley hear the songs or anything else clearly. It was a big let down. Then I went on Mansion and Pirates and noticed nothing new really.

The next day I went on Mansion and Pirates agin and was happily suprised. Pirates was about 2x as dark same with Mansion. They both sounded clear and loud and I could hear everything MUCH better then the day befor. Can anyone exsplain the 1 day surge of changes? I really cant.

(PS me and my whole family and my friend that went also noticed the change so I know im not not just goign crazy lol)

awinner
06-19-2002, 11:15 PM
maybe the speakers in you doombuggie were bad the day before? not sure how they could speed the ride for SM...any suggestions or theories?

LIMANDL4EVA
06-20-2002, 06:00 AM
maybe they increased the water flow in the ride so that the actual ride time is shorter therefore lines are shorter???

cstephens
06-20-2002, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by Superty88
Pirates was about 2x as dark same with Mansion.

Both rides will appear darker or not depending on what time of day you go. If you go in the daytime, your eyes are accustomed to light from outside and so when you're inside, the ride will seem darker. If you go in the evening, your eyes will already be adjusted to the dimmer light, so the rides will appear brighter.

RStar
06-20-2002, 11:38 AM
Yes, I have noticed that !:D

Ace
06-20-2002, 12:03 PM
I remember reading something about the speed of SM regarding the new logs but I really have no idea what it was. I'd say that it's because with less people they weigh less but I highly doubt it.

Disneyfreak
06-20-2002, 08:55 PM
What they should of done was just get new logs but made them 7 seats. IT IS SO DUMB, the line is rediculous. I waited 120min for sm. They send 2 logs out at a time now. Its not really faster because their is just a big back up of logs and it puts wear and tear on the ride. Also they added friction pads that pop out of the water instead of being stoped by the gates. So logs run into you and it gets very bummpyyyyy at the end.

MonorailMan
06-21-2002, 09:51 AM
Man do I love splash single rider- got to ride it 4 times without waiting over 1 min. :D

Ace
06-21-2002, 10:04 AM
yeah, I rode Indy 10 times in one day and the only wait was about 10 seconds for the CM to see me.

Rallymonkey23
06-21-2002, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Disneyfreak
They send 2 logs out at a time now. Its not really faster because their is just a big back up of logs and it puts wear and tear on the ride. Also they added friction pads that pop out of the water instead of being stoped by the gates. So logs run into you and it gets very bummpyyyyy at the end.

From what I remember, everything you described here has always happened.