PDA

View Full Version : I think I need a Disneyland Intervention

Pages : [1] 2 3

SANDYMARIE
06-06-2007, 05:37 PM
What do you do when you can't stop the planning? I mean I'm even checking out the closest Starbucks! :)
I'm not getting any housework done, forget meals, family? Who are they?

We have not been since 1999 and it's very exciting! Have not seen DCA yet, Pooh Ride, Nemo of course. I don't even know what else might be new.
I can't wait to get my hands on a Monte Cristo, try the Dole Whip and now something called a tiger tail?

Now, I'm even planning a WDW trip in 3 years! :)

Disneyland IS the Happiest Place on Earth! Thanks to MousePlanet I'm kinda always there! :D

TTFN

cantwait
06-06-2007, 05:42 PM
Sorry, can't help you out with that, I need an intervention myself! Talk about an all consuming obsession.

Maybe we can form a support group... ;)

Hi, It's been a lifetime since my last visit
I can't stop researching
My last MP visit was 2 minutes ago...

Someone make me stop for the next 3.5 days LOL :cool:

Boo's Mommy
06-06-2007, 05:43 PM
:) I think I and all of us that read and post in MousePlanet are here to fully support you! But I think that most of us are in the same boat and are in no condition to "interven" any compulsive mouse-planning! At least not me....as I share your affliction. But hey, maybe we can share a padded cell?
We've gone as recently as this last February and ever since we got back, i have NOT stopped trying to plan our October trip! For that matter, I've convinced a couple of folks and their families at my work to go also and allow ME to plan it for them!!!!! :D

mariezp
06-08-2007, 06:16 PM
I confess... you'll have to count me in as one of the afflicted. Maybe we could form a chapter of DA... Disneyland Anonymous. Hi my name is Marie and I'm addicted to Disneyland. This will be our 7th annual trip this year. If I have my way my family will be pushing me in my wheelchair when I'm too old to still walk!
We start a countdown almost as soon as we get back from a trip! Of course, to me that and all the planning just adds to the fun.

The Evil Queen
06-08-2007, 06:34 PM
:p Hello, I'm the Evil Queen and I'm a Disney-holic.

Count me in for the first 12 Step meeting! The hardest thing to do is to admit you've got a problem...a happy one!

Or is that a happy habit...Wait?! Who said that?:p

Foodie
06-08-2007, 07:21 PM
I went super planning crazy for months before my last trip and it really helps spread out the trip fun, so just go with it! Allow yourself to indulge in the happiness that planning and thinking about D-Land brings! It'll make your trip more fun, I promise!

-Foodie :D

yohomama212
06-08-2007, 07:48 PM
I mean I'm even checking out the closest Starbucks! :)

Where is the closest Starbucks? We always stop for S*bucks on the way over to the parks, but it would be nice knowing where the close one is, just in case!

I can't help you with the addiction either. I haven't been in two weeks and it will still be another week til I'm there! I don't much care about the looks I'm going to get for taking an 18 day old to the parks, I just want to be there again!

Elizabeth :cool:

SANDYMARIE
06-08-2007, 07:59 PM
Where is the closest Starbucks? We always stop for S*bucks on the way over to the parks, but it would be nice knowing where the close one is, just in case!

I can't help you with the addiction either. I haven't been in two weeks and it will still be another week til I'm there! I don't much care about the looks I'm going to get for taking an 18 day old to the parks, I just want to be there again!

Elizabeth :cool:

Here's what I found...

Hilton - Anaheim Hotel Lobby
777 Convention Way
Anaheim, CA 92802
United States

Anaheim Marriott Hotel
700 W. Convention Way
Anaheim, CA 92802
United States

Sandymarie :)

disneyshoes
06-08-2007, 08:15 PM
Nice to know I am not alone. My son recently asked me if all I think about is Disneyland...hum...yep...pretty much!
I have been planning our trip everyday since last time we went- year ago! I have been planning everything from what to bring to where to eat! It really does spread out the fun!

I just can't help myself from bringing up the trip in every conversation. It is hard to remember that not everyone (weird as it sounds) is a disney addict!

mommy-san
06-09-2007, 07:09 AM
Every day when we get up in the morning, i ask my 2 year old what we should do today. Her reply is almost always: Go to Disneyland. (we live in Northern Alberta, so its just not as easy as that) I'm sure She is the only 2 year old in our city that has been 3 times in her short life!
So maybe the affliction is contagious! Maybe it's pumped out of the vents like the candy store smells?
Ahhhh, yummy smells.
Wish i was there.

Susan L
06-09-2007, 07:35 AM
There is absolutely nothing wrong with you. I refer to my Disney planning and vacation as therapy with the Mouse. Its good for you:D

Tammy77
06-09-2007, 07:56 AM
I'm the same way you get so hyped up about going it is the only thing you can think about! I have family coming down from NH that we are taking and it's great they are coming for a vist but I can't wait to go to DL!!

Chadsgal
06-09-2007, 09:22 AM
:p Hello, I'm the Evil Queen and I'm a Disney-holic.

Count me in for the first 12 Step meeting! The hardest thing to do is to admit you've got a problem...a happy one!

Or is that a happy habit...Wait?! Who said that?:p

LOL!!!!!!!!! :D That was great!!!

I know I drive my DH a little crazy because the person I used to work that goes with us used to talke to me about it all the time & know that I don't see her everyday my DH has to listen to me day after day after day. LOL!! My cubicle at work is a little shrine to DL. I have a map from 1982 up, the retro DL desk set & two countdowns one in calendar form and that I get to tear off everyday to reveal how many days are left. Not to menchan the passporter I bring to work everyday & all my mousetales books I've started reading. LOL!!

bathtubs
06-09-2007, 12:55 PM
Hi my name is Kelly and I too am addicted to Disney. And being here has given me so many new ideas that I didnt even know existed, I drive my hubby and sons crazy with my new knowledge. :p My eldest son has the chance at going to DL in April for the Canadian Anaheim Music festival and yes I am going to try to help plan - if the other moms will let me. BUT i do want to go soon, being in February (6 days) and then for one day in March just isnt good enough, why cant we move disneyland up here to Alberta?!

Spazz
06-09-2007, 03:23 PM
FYI - There is a Starbucks store on Katella as you head away from the parks near Anaheim Stadium at 2035 Katella. We just found this one on our last trip.

Pascomom
06-09-2007, 05:54 PM
Hi, my name is Karen, and I am a Disneyholic....and the happiest place on earth has such power over me! Please help, wait, no, on second thought, I like my happy problem, and so does the rest of the family. I guess an intervention is sure out of the question at my house. :D

jdee
06-09-2007, 09:11 PM
Hi my name is Jan and I'm a Disneyholic. I didn't get my disney fix in last month and hope to get one this month or it may get ugly. But I did finish my Mickey Mouse room, it is soooo cute! And it helps to have some of the magic around as I work at the computer. It is nice to also have mouseplanet and so many people that understand, just knowing I'm not alone helps a lot with coping with this happy condition. Thanks for listening.:D

Leofoenget
06-09-2007, 10:17 PM
Sorry, can't help you out with that, I need an intervention myself! Talk about an all consuming obsession.

Maybe we can form a support group... ;)

Hi, It's been a lifetime since my last visit
I can't stop researching
My last MP visit was 2 minutes ago...

Someone make me stop for the next 3.5 days LOL :cool:

Count me in. I bought a new travel toothbrush and toothpaste today at the 99c store and I'm not going until Sept!! I'm not kidding!!!!!

AVP
06-10-2007, 12:16 AM
Can it even be called an intervention if the people who show up bring the latest copies of the Disneyland Resort menus and video of the new ride...? If not, I don't think I can be of much help. :p

AVP

yellowrosedtxn
06-10-2007, 07:38 AM
Hi, my name is Shelley. I too am a Disneyholic. I have a trip planned in December and I am working on all I would like to do during this trip. I want to do three tours, but trying to talk to my kids and dad about it, well they just look at me like I am nuts because it is such a long time away they can't understand WHY I would want to plan this early. Only other Disneyholics understand this need/addiction for planning! I know it makes them nuts, but it makes me happy... So I will just continue to plan and smile. hahahahha

amarvel
06-10-2007, 09:54 PM
add me to the list, ever year i say i wont go the next year because of something (being pregnant or having a baby) but i have always found a way to go every year, this time I already have 2 trips planned and since I am getting an AP, I am trying to figure out when I can sqeeze that third trip in :)

I went to the library this week and got as many books as I could and dh and i have been pouring over them, i just love going and wish i lived closer so we could go more often!

Goosegirl
06-11-2007, 12:15 PM
Yup! pretty much in the same support group too! I have even chosen which gift packages to have sent to our room at the PPH for my girls!!! And we do not leave until October!

bigrockstar
06-11-2007, 12:32 PM
Speaking of being a "Disneyholic..."

I know it's sort-of off-topic, but it just doesn't deserve its own thread...

Is it just me, or do the "official" DLR podcasts come out too far apart? It seems like I keep seeing and hearing the same thing everytime I log on to their site. I know there are a plethora of "unofficial" podcasts, but to me, they just aren't the same. The music, the sounds, they all seem to take me back to the magic of the parks in a way that only Disney can. I miss Disneyland!!!:crying:

MrsPooh
06-11-2007, 02:33 PM
I was going to say to SandyMarie that if she is looking for the voice of reason, this isn't the place to find it! ;)

You can call us a bunch of enablers! :D

Yup. I'm an addict too!

SANDYMARIE
06-11-2007, 03:19 PM
:) I would like to thank everyone for your support and encouragement. :)

I'm very pleased to know that I am not alone and that you have all shown me that I don't need a 12 step program. But, I do need a transporter beam to get me there faster and more often!! LOL!!!! I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself.

TTFN
Sandymarie :)