PDA

View Full Version : The Sounds of the Park

Pages : [1] 2

River Belle
06-06-2007, 05:28 PM
There's nothing like walking into the park and hearing that Main Street loop-- you know you've arrived. What are your favorite sounds from the park?

For me, it's:
--"Your attention please..." announcement on the DL Railroad
--The BTMRR whistle
--"Remain Seated Please..."
--The whistle on Sailing Ship Columbia
--The morse code at New Orleans Square station
--"Hurry Baaack..."
--Splash Mountain queue music
--The end track of Pirates
--Mad Tea Party music & Alice soundtrack when you're riding around on top of the attraction.

neverlander
06-06-2007, 05:39 PM
In the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki room...

darph nader
06-06-2007, 06:36 PM
The steam trains 'idling' at Main Street station.
The quite 'rumble' of the Monorail,waiting to get into the park.
The toot of the Mark Twain.

Mrs Mouse
06-06-2007, 06:58 PM
In the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki room...
... all the birds sing words and the flowers croon!

- The happy little wistle that the turnstiles make when they scan your pass.
- The recording at the train station on Main Street: "Boooaarrrd!"
- The music played on Main Street and in Adventureland.
- The ride speil (sp?) that is played when you're waiting in line for the Matterhorn: "attention
bobsled riders!" I love that accent!
- The intro music that is played right when the fireworks are about to start.
- The sound of crickets chirping and the banjo playing as you set off into the bayou of Pirates.

Oh, there's just so many! I'm sure I'll think of more to add later.

EDIT: Riverbelle, you always come up with the most interesting ideas for threads! Well done!!

woody9six
06-06-2007, 09:17 PM
Any trip I take does not officially begin until I enter Fantasyland through the Castle and hear "When you Wish upon a Star".

Others sounds that I love to hear...
Psst! Avast there! It be too late to alter course, mateys. And there be plundering pirates lurkin' in ev'ry cove, waitin' to board. Sit closer together and keep your ruddy hands in board. That be the best way to repel boarders. And mark well me words, mateys: Dead men tell no tales! Ye come seekin' adventure with salty old pirates, eh? Sure you've come to the proper place. But keep a weather eye open mates, and hold on tight. With both hands, if you please. Thar be squalls ahead, and Davy Jones waiting for them that don't obey.

I am Tongaroa!

"Your attention please! The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom..."

And of course...any sentence uttered by my 3 year old daughter that begins with the words..."Daddy, look!"

River Belle
06-06-2007, 10:41 PM
DIT: Riverbelle, you always come up with the most interesting ideas for threads! Well done!!Awww, Miss Mouse. Thanks a lot! But it's the posts that make them so interesting to read...thanks for your great reply!

yohomama212
06-06-2007, 10:50 PM
Others sounds that I love to hear...
Psst! Avast there! It be too late to alter course, mateys. And there be plundering pirates lurkin' in ev'ry cove, waitin' to board. Sit closer together and keep your ruddy hands in board. That be the best way to repel boarders. And mark well me words, mateys: Dead men tell no tales! Ye come seekin' adventure with salty old pirates, eh? Sure you've come to the proper place. But keep a weather eye open mates, and hold on tight. With both hands, if you please. Thar be squalls ahead, and Davy Jones waiting for them that don't obey.

You are too cool! Do you have that memorized?!?

My fave sound... my kids singing along to "Yo Ho Yo Ho".
... DS: "Hurry baaaaack! Hurry baaaaack!"
... DD: "Tram! Tram! Tram!" (Is it bad that my 23 month old has "tram" in her vocabulary?)
... DH mentioning pin shopping!

Elizabeth

wvnative
06-07-2007, 07:40 AM
My all time favorite has got to be...."The happy little whistle that the turnstiles make when they scan your pass."

Closely followed by the Unbirthday song at the Tea Cups. And I don't know why but the "shower" audio you often hear on your way to the lockers in DL always cracks me up. lol

I also love to hear the music in the esplanade.

Pat-n-Eil
06-07-2007, 08:00 AM
My all time favorite has got to be...."The happy little whistle that the turnstiles make when they scan your pass."

+1 on this

Also, hearing the sounds of the Matterhorn.. the wind whistling etc.. I love that.

grimgrinningirl
06-07-2007, 09:10 AM
Come on everybody, here we gooooo!

hookem81
06-07-2007, 09:48 AM
Great listings by everyone - my favorite is how you can hear the Tarzan Treehouse music somewhat faintly while working your way through the POTC queue. There is so much energy in that part of the park.

woody9six
06-07-2007, 10:14 AM

... DD: "Tram! Tram! Tram!" (Is it bad that my 23 month old has "tram" in her vocabulary?)

Elizabeth

No...I don't have it memorized yet...but I have the CD that has the entire (pre-Jack) ride-thru soundtrack. So I have parts of it committed to memory, but certainly not the entire thing! My daughter loves listening to it...so I should have that part all memorized before too long.

woody9six
06-07-2007, 11:04 AM

Elizabeth

I should also point out that this part of the ride has always fascinated me. Even when I was a kid and it used to scare the pants off of me...it had a certain draw. It makes perfect sense to me that 30+ years later...I am still drawn to it in a very visceral way.

going2disneyAZ
06-07-2007, 11:31 AM
As a kid, I used to love the snoring bear in that cave at the transition to Critter Country....I dont think he is still there though.

Mickeygirlforever
06-07-2007, 04:43 PM
"Hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!!"
The music from Splash is magical.
Also the calm music in Frontierland while we eat at Rancho at night with the lanterns flickering and you can hear BT coming by. Man I wish I was there.
Also.....all aboard!!
The music down Main Street always gets a spring in my step to start the trip off again.
I'd also agree with the bayou sounds (with the banjo) in pirates.
Darn, I've got Disneyland fever again.

PanFan
06-07-2007, 04:49 PM
As a kid, I used to love the snoring bear in that cave at the transition to Critter Country....I dont think he is still there though.

It is still there--but it's on Splash Mountain. When you pass Brer Bear's house in your log, you hear the same snoring bear that used to greet your entrance to Bear Country. Incidentally, that's the oldest sound effect in the park. It was recorded for, but never used in, Snow White.

I heart Disney
06-07-2007, 05:25 PM
I agree with all the point made so far. Just thinking about them makes my heart ache. I also love the music when you first enter DCA. " Do you know the way to San Jose" and all those Beach Boys Songs. On a sunny day, you can't beat it (especially if you have a churro also).

Nicki
06-07-2007, 06:14 PM
when you enter the peter pan ride and peter says "here we go"

Foodie
06-07-2007, 07:55 PM
How about on the way up to the very top of Splash Mountain when the song turns scary and ominous..."What can poor Brer Rabbit do, to keep from becoming rabbit stew?..." You know there's no turning back when you hear it!

And another favorite, standing at the train station on Main Street: "Your attention, please: the Disneyland Limited now arriving from a trip around Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom. Passengers will stand by to board." (No, I don't have the one memorized, I googled it...!!

Another good one: Late at night when the park is emptying out and it's dark and warm, walk across the moat through the castle onto Main Street and stop to listen to Snow White's Wishing Well. It's hard to hear in the day time because there are too many noises, but at night, it's a wonderful surprise!

There are so many good sounds, it's hard to choose a favorite!
-Foodie :D

Mrs Mouse
06-07-2007, 08:59 PM
"Hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!!"

I also love to hear the music in the esplanade.

Oh yeah, I forgot about these! I'll second them both!

Should I be concerned that I can sing along with almost of all of the songs that they play in the esplanade... even though they're instrumental? :p

Another Dimension
06-07-2007, 11:23 PM
I love the AP/ticket media acceptance sound.. but to me, hearing the Jungle Cruise gunfire when I am entering DL thru the western tunnel tells me I'm At Disneyland!

I sure missed that very familiar/subconsciously comforting sound over the years while it was gone.

disneychick
06-08-2007, 07:29 AM
Oooooo yeah - the Tarzan treehouse music!! Love that!!

I also love the music at the Teacups :D

The buzzing beehive as you get off of "The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh", and the piano at Coke Corner.

ssturgeo
06-08-2007, 07:39 AM
The music at the Teacups...makes me happy!!

The Splash Mt. finale....reminds me of taking my youngest son on America Sings over and over and over...it was his favorite at age 3!!!

And...so many that have already been mentioned!!

wvnative
06-08-2007, 07:48 AM
Should I be concerned that I can sing along with almost of all of the songs that they play in the esplanade... even though they're instrumental? :p

I sure hope not. The kid and I do that too. lol Every once in a while we'll get stumped by one for a minute but one of us usually gets it once we can hear it more clearly.

The Evil Queen
06-08-2007, 08:10 AM
There's nothing like walking into the park and hearing that Main Street loop-- you know you've arrived. What are your favorite sounds from the park?

For me, it's:
--"Your attention please..." announcement on the DL Railroad
--The BTMRR whistle
--"Remain Seated Please..."
--The whistle on Sailing Ship Columbia
--The morse code at New Orleans Square station
--"Hurry Baaack..."
--Splash Mountain queue music
--The end track of Pirates
--Mad Tea Party music & Alice soundtrack when you're riding around on top of the attraction.
All of these and...

"There are NO windows, and NO doors..."