PDA

View Full Version : A step in 70s Memory Lane

neverlander
06-06-2007, 05:07 PM
Inspired by coralmommy's three pigs thread, I stepped back in time and recalled a number of unique elements that are no longer in existence at DL. Although I don't remember the three pigs, I do remember some elements that no longer remain. (I'll report later...)
What brings you back to the bell bottoms and tie-dyes of the 70s at DL?:)
(The smily reminded me of the 76 station and smily face styrophome antennae toppers that were a roadtrip staple back then!)
Have fun reminiscing!

River Belle
06-06-2007, 05:10 PM
This more than anything: The wonderfully AWFUL elevator music they used to play on The People Mover. (It was terrible music, but I miss it.)

darph nader
06-06-2007, 06:41 PM
Myself and 2 friends,when we were still in high school. No parents,man that was fun.
(one's gone now,sad to say,"miss you Cliff":crying: )

River Belle
06-06-2007, 10:46 PM
Also, the surprise trips to DL my parents used to spring on us kids. We'd think we were off to visit the cousins, fall asleep in the car, and wake up in that wonderful old parking lot. "We're at Disneyland! We're at Disneyland!" Those were happy times...

backsthepack
06-07-2007, 04:43 AM
I remember the long, long walk from the giant parking lot. I was born in 72....the first trip I actually remember is 76. For a 4 year old that parking lot was HUGE!

I also remember the parade that year. Patriotic.

Mickey was little and his head looked funny.

Nancy
06-07-2007, 07:03 AM
I remember going to Disneyland with my older neighbor (big sister still today) being able to go off on our own. The Carousal of Progress was our getwaway from the heat. Then meeting my parents at a certain time at a certain place. No cell phones then.

Lola
06-07-2007, 02:26 PM
My first time on the Monsanto with my boyfriend...:D

neverlander
06-08-2007, 07:07 AM
To answer my thread...
I remember wondering if I would see the Osmond Brothers there!
Adventure Through Inner Space and Carousel of Progress were captivating. As a six year old in 1970, I was obsessed with IASW, and brought home a 45 record and postcard (accordian style) book.
On our second trip, in 1976, I loved the Country Bear Jamboree and Haunted Mansion. I took tons of pictures of the Bicentennial Parade. We stayed at DLH and had fun at the arcade and on the peddle boats. On that trip, for some reason, we were allowed back in after closing one night to go on the rides without using tickets. It wasn't open to the general public, and we could just walk on the attractions. That was very cool.

K & S
06-08-2007, 07:22 AM
To answer my thread...
I remember wondering if I would see the Osmond Brothers there!
Adventure Through Inner Space and Carousel of Progress were captivating. As a six year old in 1970, I was obsessed with IASW, and brought home a 45 record and postcard (accordian style) book.
On our second trip, in 1976, I loved the Country Bear Jamboree and Haunted Mansion. I took tons of pictures of the Bicentennial Parade. We stayed at DLH and had fun at the arcade and on the peddle boats. On that trip, for some reason, we were allowed back in after closing one night to go on the rides without using tickets. It wasn't open to the general public, and we could just walk on the attractions. That was very cool.

I still think we should organize a heist and bring the Carousel of Progress back home to Disneyland!