PDA

View Full Version : re: October travel to Disneyland

Lin from Fiji
06-19-2002, 07:28 PM
My family and I want to travel to Disneyland and stay at the Candy Cane Inn and visit Disneyland for 5 days. Is it better (cheaper?) to book accommodation ourselves through the Inn and to buy a pass at the Inn or should we go the travel agent route. I hope it's not too boring of a question, but we are passing through on our way back home. We also want to hit a good clothing mall (we need winter clothes or least some long pants and stuff). Any suggestions. Are we trying to cram too much in during 5/6 days. Does anybody know how crowded early October is at Disneyland?
Loloma, a little green at this

jslivinski
09-03-2002, 02:56 PM
This trip is coming up, does anyone have any suggestions for her?

disguy
09-03-2002, 03:08 PM
I've noticed crowds tend to be minor during Oct of course Fri and Sat nights are always full of locals. As far as the admission tickets unless you have a disney club card or AAA I would just buy them from the Hotel. You could go the travel co. route with all the bells and whistles but that would prob cost more in the long run. I know of a neat looking outlet mall on the way to Disneyland in LA from Highway Five I don't remember the name but it was a medevil theme.

CarlieB
09-03-2002, 08:41 PM
We went to the Mainplace Mall at Santa Ana (about 15 minutes drive away) when we were at DLR last month. The shuttle picked us up from our hotel, and does a circuit every hour (I think - it might be 2 hours). There was a movie theatre and a pretty good food court, as well as all the usual stores: Gap, Barnes & Noble, Macys, Nordstroms, etc. I know there are some outlet malls in the area as well, but we did not make it to them. Hope this helps:-)

socabch
09-03-2002, 08:52 PM
For your tickets & hotel ideas go to this site

http://mousesavers.com/

You'll be able to do it all in 5/6 days. Nice time of year to come also. Haunted Mansion will be dressed up for the Holidays. It's alot of fun.

roberts1398
09-04-2002, 01:19 PM
Awesome time to go. And you can definitely do that all in 5 days in the off-season.

But don't just buy the tix from the hotel. First of all, at disneyland.com, you can buy a 5 day park hopper for the price of 3. You can't do this at the park or the hotel or even in a Disney Store ... only online. If you get on it now, you have enough time. Just need a credit card...

I also just read today that AAA travel offices just got in their 5 for the price of 3 day hoppers, and they have a AAA discount too! I wanna say the adult one was $104 (reg 114) and the child one was $84, or something like that. A bit of a savings!

Again, if you're AAA, check with them on their price for Candy Cane Inn. Or go directly to their site .. they had great rates the last time I checked...

http://www.candycaneinn.net/cci_website_final/intro.html

Have a MAGICAL trip!