PDA

View Full Version : What are the odds of Nemo soft opening this weekend?

julbright
06-06-2007, 01:17 PM
going to be in parks fri-sat-sun (figures) ... Nemo is supposed to open Monday - but I know once in a while there are soft openings.... I don't mean AP holders or any thing special - just a plain old soft opening for average joe's like me.... ?? what do you guys who've been around alot think?

Gone2Disneyland
06-06-2007, 01:20 PM
I learned Pixar and Disney employees will be given opportunities to ride FNSV this Saturday all afternoon and evening. So I assume a soft opening to the public on Saturday is out.

dawnid
06-06-2007, 03:22 PM
During one of the Friday CM preview day there either wasn't enough people in line or they were conducting a test and they pulled guests passing by to enter the ride, so anything is possible. I got this info from my CM daughter who attended the preview on Friday.

So if you didn't get picked for an AP preview or you didn't get CM preview tickets you can join me in loitering with a forlorn look on your face in front of the ride.

Mistyj
06-06-2007, 04:13 PM
At least one local LA radio station is giving out wristbands to preview the ride on Saturday as well.

The last time they did this was for the Tower of Terror - the wristband was good for as many times as you wanted to ride before 2:00 pm at which point they "soft opened" for everyone else. Might happen again... I'll hope for you!

video disney
06-07-2007, 05:28 AM
ok, my wife comes home from work at 10:45pm last night and wakes me up all excited telling me she won nemo tickets...being half asleep, i'm all sleepy and confused...since she already woke me up, i go down stairs and see her on the phone...i ask her what she is doing? she told me she was caller 102 for kiis fm's tickets for 4 nemo giveaway for this saturday. i started laughing because the other night she told me she was caller 80 but didn't believe her...i asked her how did she know she won? she said jojo on the radio answered and told her she had won. thinking this might be delayed on the air, i turned on our cox digital cable and searched for the kiis fm radio station and recored on our dvr...a few minutes later her call came on the air...it was pretty cool hearing her goober self on the radio...:D we're a family of five and two of our boys have their ap passes and the other 3 expired so hopefully we can now upgrade w/ these...

sooo... saturday we'll be there...do you recommend us going early to get on the ride? just want to avoid long lines(if any) especially it being hotter...thanks, and sorry for the long post...it was pretty exciting...:D

Darkbeer
06-07-2007, 05:39 AM
Pretty much, not much chance for Soft Openings.

Today is AP previews, only if you won the drawing.

Firday and Saturday is Radio/TV winners, so not much of chance for regular guests.

Sunday is out, due to a Celebrity party in the afternoon, and a Media/VIP party that evening.

abkb76
06-07-2007, 06:18 AM
I would just go hang out by the ride a few times throughout the day.

I went yesterday, without the special preview tickets, walked by twice and got on the ride the second time. They were letting APs go on without the special tickets.

There is ALWAYS a chance of getting on a new ride prior to it's official opening.

I'm going again today and tomorrow.
:)
-Amber

julbright
06-14-2007, 07:06 PM
GOOD NEWS friends... we were able to ride with no problem and very short wait on Friday 6/8. Were there for rope drop, went straight to Space for a FP (but it was temporarily closed...) rode buzz and walked past Nemo which was already developing a line - asked the CM if anyone could ride and he said yep open to everyone right now... so we hopped in line. it was like a blessing. I overheard him say to someone else they were testing the timing of the lines in the queue.... so I got to ride and it was so cool. loved it.