PDA

View Full Version : Finding Nemo and FastPass

gamebratt
06-06-2007, 11:04 AM
Hello,
I haven't seen the new ride since the walls were taken down. Is there going to be FastPass available for it? I plan on going to the park on the 11th, and of course I want to get on as quick as possible. Since it won't be opening to the public until that afternoon (any idea what time?), will they be allowing people to wait in line before that? What is everyone's plan for getting on the first day??

Burnt Toast
06-06-2007, 11:12 AM
It's been posted multiple times already (check "Search") but no, Disney's FASTPASS will not be available on Nemo.

gamebratt
06-06-2007, 11:24 AM
It's been posted multiple times already (check "Search") but no, Disney's FASTPASS will not be available on Nemo.

I tried to search for it, but was unable to find it. I'll try again, but thank you.

The old man
06-06-2007, 11:26 AM
I just don't understand how this slow loading ride is going to work without FP. Even better there should be a reservation system.

Malcon10t
06-06-2007, 11:30 AM
Hello,
I haven't seen the new ride since the walls were taken down. Is there going to be FastPass available for it? I plan on going to the park on the 11th, and of course I want to get on as quick as possible. Since it won't be opening to the public until that afternoon (any idea what time?), will they be allowing people to wait in line before that? What is everyone's plan for getting on the first day??
The park opens at 7am for EE guests. They expect the line to start queuing then. Rumor is, monorail will NOT be running for EE. The line will NOT be starting at Nemo, but will queue further up by the Matterhorn and will be moved once the ceremonies are completed.

PanFan
06-06-2007, 11:41 AM
I believe it opens to the public around noon on the 11th. And FP would just slow down the regular queue, so I'm actually glad they're not offering it for this one. Yes, it means you will have to wait for a long time to get on it, but it levels the playing field and will help keep the line moving at a regular pace.

VickiC
06-06-2007, 11:45 AM
If I was in charge, I would have made it Fast Pass ONLY, and only allowed people to return in their one hour window, no later.

Malcon10t
06-06-2007, 11:49 AM
The FP current design would cause major flow problems. Imagine if all the fastpasses came back not within their window, but around closing? It my understanding 25% of the daily capacity is issued via FP on high capacity rides. Since capacity will be around 16000, only 4000 FP could be issued a day. It would not be worth it. FP would be closed by 10 am.

Pat-n-Eil
06-06-2007, 12:00 PM
Malcon10t, I think you've got the right scenario here on why the FP wouldn't be a good idea for Nemo, at least not unless they could increase hourly capacity and setup the queue more efficiently.. in other words, I don't think the FP would ever work well for Nemo - and just look at my signature, I'm a big fan of the FP, believe you me! :)

I don't agree, however, with PanFan's reasoning regarding the "level playing field". FastPasses are available to everyone equally and I feel that if Disney sees the need to have FP available and everyone with a park ticket has an equal opportunity to get one (especially now that there aren't any AAA enhanced FPs anymore) then the field is certainly level. If one chooses not to use their FP opportunities or if they choose to use them for different attractions, that is up to them. FPs aren't secret and you don't have to be a Disneyphile insider to obtain, understand & use them.. they are advertised and more than visible.

Niwel
06-06-2007, 12:01 PM
I'm kind of glad there is no FP... makes my "Shana method" of hitting the parks more doable: grab an FP for Space on the way to Nemo right after rope drop and proceed with day in a normal fashion.

Now if I could just figure out how to get around the lines at the rafts to Pirates Lair.........;)

PanFan
06-06-2007, 12:22 PM
I don't agree, however, with PanFan's reasoning regarding the "level playing field". FastPasses are available to everyone equally and I feel that if Disney sees the need to have FP available and everyone with a park ticket has an equal opportunity to get one (especially now that there aren't any AAA enhanced FPs anymore) then the field is certainly level. If one chooses not to use their FP opportunities or if they choose to use them for different attractions, that is up to them. FPs aren't secret and you don't have to be a Disneyphile insider to obtain, understand & use them.. they are advertised and more than visible.

Yes, they are available to everyone equally, but you do have to be a regular (or at least done a lot of research) to know how to best maximize the system to your own benefit. You wouldn't believe how many people have no idea how FP works, even when armed with the description in the park map. Just on Monday I had someone at IASW come down the wheelchair ramp as I let a group down holding out their park tickets thinking they were Fastpasses. And I had one guy about a month ago try to put his park tickets into the turnstile at the Carrousel thinking that was a FP machine (at 9pm, mind you). I overheard one group in line for Indy Monday as well who was nervous about how long the line was taking because they didn't want to miss their window for Space.

The system itself is not secret and any CM will be happy to explain it. However, if someone has never been before and has not researched how FP works, they will more than likely be confused early in the day as they wait in line and watch those with FP pass them. By the time they figure out how the system works, the time it works the best (early morning) is already gone and they will have much longer waits between getting the FP and actually riding, making planning their day trickier. Especially if they think they have to return within the hour printed on the ticket.

So, in short, I do think the FP system as it is does benefit regulars who know how to maximize it more than newbies who have yet to learn all its nuances. I don't think they should necessarily do away with it (though I have heard that's in the works), but (getting this post back on topic to the thread) I am glad they are not offering it for Nemo.

Doug
06-09-2007, 01:11 PM
I am hoping to get FP's when I go Tuesday.... wondering if they even have FP machines....?

Leap for Joy
06-09-2007, 03:19 PM
I am hoping to get FP's when I go Tuesday.... wondering if they even have FP machines....?

Doug, I think you may have misunderstood the conversation, probably because it shifted from Nemo fastpasses to fastpasses in general. As I understand it, Nemo will not have fastpasses.