PDA

View Full Version : Grocery store near Harbor?

backsthepack
06-06-2007, 04:00 AM
We will be there this weekend. Sunday is our sons birthday. We were thinking of one of us running out early in the morning and grabbing him a small birthday cake so that we can do the candle/birthday song thing before we head to the park for the day (we do have the birthday thing reserved at dinner time, but we are just trying to make this one heck of a birthday). But I need to know if there is an Albertsons, Safeway, etc. some where on Harbor or close by so that I don't get lost.

Malcon10t
06-06-2007, 05:04 AM
We will be there this weekend. Sunday is our sons birthday. We were thinking of one of us running out early in the morning and grabbing him a small birthday cake so that we can do the candle/birthday song thing before we head to the park for the day (we do have the birthday thing reserved at dinner time, but we are just trying to make this one heck of a birthday). But I need to know if there is an Albertsons, Safeway, etc. some where on Harbor or close by so that I don't get lost.The only one I know, go south on Harbor to Chapman, turn left, Albertsons will be on the left in about 2 blocks.

rargirl
06-06-2007, 05:13 AM
The Disneyland Resort area is kind of a horrible place to try to buy groceries! I live right in this neighborhood and I often lament the lack of stores.

The closest "standard" store to DL is probably Vons at 12961 W. Chapman, Garden Grove, CA 92840. You Could map it, but to get there from Harbor you would go straight down Harbor, take a left on Chapman and it is on the corner of Chapman and Haster on the Left hand side of the road.

Alternately, if you would rather just stay on Harbor (straight shot), you could go to Albertsons at 13220 Harbor Blvd, Garden Grove. It is a few streets past Chapman on the left hand side of the road. It is a much larger store and contains a drug store.

A final option would be La Fiesta Mexicana Market. This store is *very* close to Disneyland and has really pretty cakes. I am not sure of their hours, and they are a Mexican foods specialty store, but also have some of the "standards". Their address is: 1221 South Anaheim Boulevard, Anaheim, CA 92805. They can be reached by turning right on Ball then right at Anaheim Blvd. They are just after El Pollo Loco at the corner.

Good luck!

simnia
06-07-2007, 08:59 AM
I agree that there are no standard grocery stores very near Disneyland.

That Fiesta Mexicana is probably the closest, at the southwest corner of Ball Road & Anaheim Boulevard, though be prepared for a thoroughly Mexican culture inside (food selection, background music, Spanish-speaking cashiers, etc.). (Back in the '70s it used to be Market Basket, which was an American grocery store.)

There's a Von's-CVS-Starbucks-UPS Store cluster at the southwest corner of Lincoln Avenue & Anaheim Boulevard. There's a Ralph's-Rite Aid cluster at the southeast corner of Lincoln Avenue & State College, which is a little farther. Personally I usually end up buying groceries at Van's Liquor store at the southwest corner of Harbor Boulevard & Vermont Avenue, which although limited, services a lot of residents in that area by carrying a lot of basics like toilet paper, soap, noodles, canned fish, car oil, printer paper, socks, occasional T-shirts, cheese, and so on.