PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Time in Disneyland

Rob9874
05-18-2007, 10:28 AM
I saw where WDW annouced Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party dates for this year. Does DL have a similar event? I know the park is decked out in holiday decorations, and am looking forward to experiencing that for the first time. But I want to know if there is any event I should schedule my trip around?

adriennek
05-18-2007, 11:40 AM
I saw where WDW annouced Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party dates for this year. Does DL have a similar event?

Nope.

Adrienne

Malcon10t
05-18-2007, 02:52 PM
I saw where WDW annouced Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party dates for this year. Does DL have a similar event? I know the park is decked out in holiday decorations, and am looking forward to experiencing that for the first time. But I want to know if there is any event I should schedule my trip around?
No, nothing like that. They have the daily Pluto's Reindeer Roundup, where you can meet Santa, make cookies and all sorts of entertainment. There is a lot to do at Christmas at DIsneyland. We love it at that time of year.

Drince88
05-19-2007, 05:18 AM
But I want to know if there is any event I should schedule my trip around?
To the DL regulars: Isn't Candlelight Processional something that should be scheduled around (either to hit or miss depending on the situation)?

adriennek
05-19-2007, 02:58 PM
To the DL regulars: Isn't Candlelight Processional something that should be scheduled around (either to hit or miss depending on the situation)?

Oh, yeah, probably.

It will be very crowded the weekend of Candlelight. If you want to be there for Candlelight, you might want to plan to be there. It's usually the first or second weekend in December. Has the date been announced yet?

Adrienne

mariezp
05-21-2007, 04:42 AM
I would also recommend doing the Christmas Tour.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
05-21-2007, 09:35 AM
We were at WDW last December and did not do the MVMCP. With that said, the everyday goings on at DL are much better than WDW as far as entertainment and decorations.

Monte Cristo
05-21-2007, 01:35 PM
I would also recommend doing the Christmas Tour.

May I ask what the Christmas Tour is?

MouseMotor
06-05-2007, 11:00 AM
My wife and I (leaving the kids at home) will be at Disneyland for a short getaway between December 6th and 8th. We been at either Disneyland or WDW each of the last 3 years (with the kids-all five) during the months of February and/or April. What should we do? (keep it clean) :) Thoughts and ideas would be appreciated. What's going to be different because of the Christmas holiday?

Jim Dear and Darling
06-05-2007, 11:14 AM
My first post!

I just love Disneyland at Christmastime. The Christmas music, It's a Small World, the Egg Nog, the decorations, the "snow"... it's so much fun.

It's more gorgeous that you can possibly imagine. If anything will get you into the holiday spirit, it's a trip to Disneyland!

~ Peachy

hefferdude
06-05-2007, 11:16 AM
Candlelight Procession 12/8/2007

Malcon10t
06-05-2007, 11:41 AM
Candlelight Procession 12/8/2007Have they set the dates?? Last rumor was 12 /1-2.

Niwel
06-05-2007, 01:35 PM
Check out this story about the tour from 2003 (http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=mm031211sl).

It doesn't change too much from year to year. :)

crazi4dlr
06-05-2007, 01:37 PM
Candlelight Procession 12/8/2007

Oooooh I hope for our sake it is this weekend because we will be there Dec 1-7 and can go home before the crowds hit. Well relatively speaking anyway :p

Monte Cristo
06-05-2007, 03:15 PM
What's going to be different because of the Christmas holiday?

EVERYTHING!

Seriously - you haven't really done Disneyland until you've been there during Christmas. Strolling down Main Street at night, holiday music playing, lights and decorations everywhere, is worth the price of admission alone.

julbright
06-05-2007, 05:10 PM
EVERYTHING!

Seriously - you haven't really done Disneyland until you've been there during Christmas. Strolling down Main Street at night, holiday music playing, lights and decorations everywhere, is worth the price of admission alone.

AND.. the holiday makeover of Haunted Mansion and It's A Small World... that was very cool... my kids were very disappointed when they realized it would not be done at WDW when we were there this past Christmas week!

Monte Cristo
06-05-2007, 06:28 PM
AND.. the holiday makeover of Haunted Mansion and It's A Small World... that was very cool... my kids were very disappointed when they realized it would not be done at WDW when we were there this past Christmas week!

I was going to mention that, but there is just so much going on at the parks during the holidays that I tried to be as concise as possible. I love all of it. Even a normally "going-through-the-motions" ride like Winnie The Pooh becomes a little more fun as they have banjo versions of Christmas music playing.

Small World Holiday is so much better than the original. The final room is like floating through a Christmas tree.

with_5
06-05-2007, 06:36 PM
We are going to be there 12/29 - 1/2. Will they still be offering the Holiday Tour? I want to spend Christmas there, but our extended family would never forgive us for not being with them.

kimc0486
06-06-2007, 12:17 AM
What is the Candlelight processional?

stan4d_steph
06-07-2007, 01:36 PM
What is the Candlelight processional?Here's a MousePlanet article from 2003 (http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm031216avp.htm).

Also, a search in this forum on those keywords will get you a lot of information as well.

disneyfan4ever54
06-07-2007, 04:30 PM
I thought the candlelight processional was always the first weekend in December. (That would be the 1st and 2nd this year). Has it ever been on the second weekend?