PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland girls going to Disney World!

Tinkermommy
06-05-2007, 05:34 AM
Okay, I know this is not exactly DisneyLAND related, but I had to say it here first, since everybody I "talk" to is on this side of MousePad:

WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!

My little one has been wanting to go for the longest time (who hasn't? lol). We told her last night, and I'm getting tears in my eyes just thinking about it. She actually started crying, she was so happy. When she was going to sleep, she asked if we were REALLY going, and said "It just feels like a dream."

We're going in September. Guess it's time to start learning about Disney World, because I know next to nothing!!

I'm so happy!

crazi4dlr
06-05-2007, 06:18 AM
How sweet is this? I got tears just reading it. How old is your little one? My youngest DD is 10 now and wants to go to WDW so badly (me too!). I'm hoping to get a trip planned for next year during the holidays. We are going to DL this year for the first time for the holidays and we're excited beyond belief. You'll have to let me know how to do the planning, where you decide to stay, etc. Have a great time planning and an even better time going!!!!

Tinkermommy
06-05-2007, 09:39 AM
She is 11. Her best friend has been multiple times, but we just haven't been able to go for one reason or another. When this opportunity came up (combined with a convention in Pennsylvania), it was too good to miss.

When she called to tell her friend, the mom answered. My daughter told her she was finally going and started crying, so the mom started crying. She put the rest of the family on to hear and before long, they were all bawling! Heck, I'm starting to cry again just remembering. It's the first time I've ever seen my daughter cry from happiness.

We're getting five-day park hoppers, but I have no idea how to plan how to use them. We want to see everything, but I don't think that will be possible. Our friends gave my daughter a book called "Walt Disney World With Kids," and she took it to school today for silent reading. (Not sure she'll get away with that, but it's worth a shot...lol.) Hopefully that will help. Other than that, I guess I'd better start reading the WDW section of the board.

Disneyland related: I am looking forward to comparing the rides there to our version here. I also understand (hope I'm right about this) that she'll be able to see some attractions that went there from Disneyland, like Country Bear Jamboree and Carousel of Progress. Woo hoo!!

We leave Sept. 21...

Drince88
06-05-2007, 09:46 AM
Congrats!

Just remember, they are two different experiences (WDW and DL). Oh, and if you're going Sept 21 - CALL NOW for any table-service restaurants. You're hitting the tail end of the 'free dining' promotion, and there are issues with ADRs for September because of it.

mckygirl99
06-05-2007, 10:19 AM
YEAH for you guys! We went in November of '05 with my 5 year old DD and all the pics I have of her she has a HUGE smile on her face. I am preggo right now, so when this one turns 5, we will head back.

I found that it although it's familiar, it's different and you will have a different experience, but a good one! Don't miss Rock N Roller Coaster and Mission Space and Expedition Everest (which we barely missed). As far as dining is concerned the PP is absolutely right! Start calling now! We got lucky to get into the Princess breakfast in Cinderella's Castle. It was wonderful and dream come true for my DD.

Have a great time!

Tinkermommy
06-05-2007, 10:53 AM
...CALL NOW for any table-service restaurants. You're hitting the tail end of the 'free dining' promotion, and there are issues with ADRs for September because of it.

Thank you for the reminder! Taking care of it RIGHT NOW!

vickieluvsmickey
06-05-2007, 11:15 AM
.......She actually started crying, she was so happy. When she was going to sleep, she asked if we were REALLY going, and said "It just feels like a dream."

Okay, this is just too much! Now I have to go and re-do my eye makeup. :crying:

This is one of those very precious moments that makes you so happy to be a parent. :) :)

Have a wonderful time!

~Vickie

THpoohbear
06-05-2007, 09:38 PM
Tinkermommy - congrats on the trip! I'm really excited for you guys. :D I got to go to WDW for the first time last November, and it was a dream come true for me. I can't wait to have kids to take. I hope it is a wonderful, wonderful trip and that you have a blast planning. I do highly recommend reading The Unoffical Guide to WDW. I also read lots of WDW trip reports and that helped me plan a lot and made me aware of small and big things I had no idea existed. WDW will have already started running Mickey's No So Scary Halloween Party while you're there too!