PDA

View Full Version : What Haven't you done at Disneyland?

Pages : [1] 2 3

River Belle
06-04-2007, 08:19 PM
I had my first Tigger Tail at DL last night (way too yummy), and it got me thinking about some of the things I've never done at DL despite the fact that I've been a regular since I was a child and that I now visit at least once a month...

Like--I've never ridden on any of the Main Street vehicles. I've never had a Disneyland corn-dog. I've never taken a ride on the canoes.

What haven't you done at Disneyland?

cynthia312
06-04-2007, 09:09 PM
I had my first Tigger Tail at DL last night (way too yummy), and it got me thinking about some of the things I've never done at DL despite the fact that I've been a regular since I was a child and that I now visit at least once a month...

Like--I've never ridden on any of the Main Street vehicles. I've never had a Disneyland corn-dog. I've never taken a ride on the canoes.

I never had a disneyland corndog either....where can you get those BTW?? I know main st. but which cart? I never seem to find them.
and i don't like rowing in the canoes because i'm afraid of water...i can't swim and if anything happens....I don't wanna imagine.

And you must think I'm insane to the membrane on this one....but I've never...okay, brace yourselves,.......been to the Tiki Room. [okay please don't mob me now!] I've always passed by it and its always crowded but i just don't find it very interesting.....

Chadsgal
06-04-2007, 09:16 PM
NEVER HAD A CORNDOG, well me either but, my family can't go a trip w/o eating atleast 3 each. LOL!!! You can get them at the end of Main Street on the right or in DCA @ the Corn Dog Castle

I have never: Been on the columbia
Been on the canoes
Been on Autopia @ night, which we plan to do on this trip.
Ridden on a Main Street vehicle or the jolly Trolly

emmah
06-04-2007, 09:17 PM
interesting question! i only visit about once a year but i make it a goal every year to do something i have never done before.

still to do:

the shooting range in frontierland
starcade in tomorrowland
aladdin and jasmines story telling in adventureland
most of the little kid activities in toon town

i haven't had a ride in the fire engine on main street yet

and now of course there are the submarines to ride on my next trip (they were operating when we went for my 10th birthday and I have a vague recollection of the trip but when I next went as a grown up they were gone).

i have also yet to see the new additions to haunted mansion (it was closed for holiday overlay removal in january) so i am also looking forward to that.

and there are a few places that i have not yet dined in...

yeah, glad to discover there are still new things to look forward to!:)

DianeM
06-04-2007, 09:19 PM
Ride the canoes. They're fun on a hot day, and it's peaceful out on the water. I don't think I've ever ridden on the Columbia. I've never ridden Roger Rabbits Car toon spin or Gadget's go coaster. Actually, I've never done anything in toon town except press several quarters. I've never collected a character autograph, or attended a character breakfast. I've never eating a DL corn dog or a tiger tail. The only one of those I'd like to do is to ride the Columbia.

DianeM
06-04-2007, 09:23 PM
If you've never been to the Tiki Room, how do you know it's not interesting? I find it fascinating on many levels. First, it's cute. The characters are funny, in a cheesy fun sort of way. Second, it has beautiful artwork. The flowers, the tiki's, the birds... are moving works of art. Third, I like the music. It sort of stays with me, like the POTC theme. Finally, it's history. It's the first full show using animated characters at Disneyland. If you ever take the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour you'll learn a bit about the history of the Tiki room and you may learn to appreciate it. It makes me smile every time I see it. IMO, it's one of the most worthwhile shows at DL.

Oops, I forgot one more thing I like. While you're waiting you can have Dole Whips and listen to the fountains talking to you. How many waiting lines have talking gods in the waiting area... even at DL?

I've always passed by it and its always crowded but i just don't find it very interesting.....

Gone2Disneyland
06-04-2007, 09:36 PM
Aladdin & Jasmine's StoryTale Adventures
The Stitch thing I've read about here at Innoventions
Watching the Disney Princess Fantasy Faire
The guided tours
The Omnibus
Fantasmic! Balcony Seating
French Market Restaurant
Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante
of course, the upcoming Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
and Club 33 :p

Malcon10t
06-04-2007, 09:41 PM
Club 33
Haven't toured Walt's Apartment
Talk to Crush

nursemelis374
06-04-2007, 10:02 PM
The main things I have not done at DL are related to eating. Living so close, we normally don't wat at DL unless it is WW Snacks in the GCH, Blue Bayou, or Cafe Orleans.

I would really like to try the Carnation Cafe this year!

Disneymademoiselle
06-04-2007, 10:50 PM
These are major things I have yet to do:

1. Any of the vehicles on Main Street
2. Canoes
3. Aladdin show at DCA

RemainSeatedPlease
06-05-2007, 02:14 AM
Club 33
Astro Orbiter...Kinda strange I've never been on this one!

The Blue Parrot
06-05-2007, 03:43 AM
I can honestly say that I have never consumed a churro at Disneyland or anywhere else for that matter.

Just something vile about the whole concept of a brown extruded snack food product that I never bought into.

crazi4dlr
06-05-2007, 06:36 AM
Wow! I just thought of the list of things that I've never done at DL in the past 40 some odd years:

Never been on the canoes - don't know why?
Never been on the Astro Orbiter - not even when it was the Rocket Jets
Never been in Innoventions or Honey I Shrunk the Audience
Never rode the Jolly Trolley but that was because it wasn't up the couple times I've been to TT.
I don't believe that I've ever ridden Casey Jr. but that's because I go on the Canal Boats and always thought it was the same thing. I may have ridden it when I was really little and just don't remember it.

Last time my DH and I went we knocked two things off the list that I've always wanted to do - Blue Bayou for lunch and Fantasmic Balcony Seating (not worth the $$$ IMHO). Now I can just ride Splash during F! when the lines are short. :D

I'm sure there are more but that seems like a lot to me

DangerMouse
06-05-2007, 06:41 AM
Haven't seen Asimo or talked to Stitch in Innoventions.

Have never eaten at Carnation Cafe (this is on my to do list)

Never saw Mr. Lincoln (I wonder if he'll ever come back?)

Haven't eaten at Club 33 (on my big dreams list).

I think that's about it! :)

kares 17
06-05-2007, 07:11 AM
Wow! I love this question...it really makes you think

I thought I was the only one who has never ridden in the canoes! Like another poster I have no idea why?
I've never see Aladdin at DCA (which is a MUST on my upcoming trip)
I've never ridden any rides in Toontown. I've actually only visited Toontown twice.
Never gotten a character autograph
Never eaten at club 33 (maybe some lucky day)
Haven't seen HM changes either. For the past 2 years I've gone either doing the holiday set up or during the closing due to the change / overlay of the holiday change. I'm SO excited to see this!!;)I think that's it! Only a couple of things on my list left to do...

Mrs Mouse
06-05-2007, 07:26 AM
I have never:

- visited Tom Sawyer Island (guess I won't get the chance for that one)
- saw Mr. Lincoln
- seen Haunted Mansion Holiday
- watched those old cartoons in the theatre on Main Street
- collected an autograph from a character
- seen Sully in the park
- ridden Gadget's Go Coaster in Toon Town
- seen Billy Hill & the Hillbillies
- eaten at the Blue Bayou
- eaten ice cream from Gibson Girl (I think that's what it's called)
- eaten anything from Bengal BBQ

If we're including DCA, I've never:
- ridden the Maliboomer
- ridden the Orange Stinger
- played any games along the pier
- seen the Aladdin show
- seen Golden Dreams

The Evil Queen
06-05-2007, 07:52 AM
:confused: Never been in Innoventions, had a corn dog, and just what is a Tigger Tail?

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
06-05-2007, 07:58 AM
Never:

Ridden the Canoes
Eaten at Club 33
Seen Bill Hill and the Hillbillies or
Aladdin and Jasmine Story Teller
Aladdin the Musical
Golden Dreams

tink's mom
06-05-2007, 08:06 AM
I have never:

If we're including DCA, I've never:
- ridden the Maliboomer
- ridden the Orange Stinger
- played any games along the pier
- seen the Aladdin show
- seen Golden Dreams

I've never been to DCA at all, but that's going to change next week!:)

onederland
06-05-2007, 08:14 AM
let's see never seen Bill Hill and the Hillbilles, Allidins Jasmines storytelling, horse trolley, eaten at BB, cartoons at the cinema, I think I'll be able to do all these in 3 weeks when we go:~D

gtpinoy
06-05-2007, 08:32 AM
This is a very intriguing questions...let's see:

At DL...I've never:

Ridden the Jolly Trolley (I don't think it's even around anymore)
Ridden on Finding Nemo (obviously)
Ridden on Dumbo
Ridden on Casey Jr.
Been in Goofy's Playhouse
Been in Donald's Boat
Been in Chip & Dale's Treehouse
Attended the Princess Fantasy Faire
Attended the Sword in the Stone Cermony
Attended the Star Wars Jedi Training Academy
Dined with a character (however I should be able to scrach this one off Sunday)
Done any of the tours (except for the Christmas Tour)
Been to Club 33

At DCA...I've never:

Ridden any rides at Flik's Fun Fair
Ridden Jumpin' Jellyfish
Ridden King Triton's Carousel
Watched Golden Dreams
Been in the Seasons of the Vine attraction
Been to the 'Playhouse Disney - Live on Stage!' Show
Dined at Wine Country Trattoria
Dined at The Vineyard Room
Dined with a character

kiki
06-05-2007, 08:44 AM
Tiki Room
Big Thunder Ranch
Great Moments with Lincoln
First 50 Magical Years
Innoventions
Aladdin and Jasmines Oasis
Billy Hill and the Hillbillies
Frontierland Shootin'
Main Street Cinema
Sword in the Stone
Club 33
Blue Bayou
Princess Fantasy Faire
Nemo (duh)

charpaul
06-05-2007, 08:45 AM
Let's see...

I have never collected autographs. (I just made plans with a friend to do that this summer actually -LOL)
There are some vehicles on Main Street that I have not ridden.
I have not played games in the Starcade.
I have not seen Stitch in Innoventions.
I have not been in Minnies House.
I have not done the Fantasmic Seating
I have not done Aladdin and Jasmine Story Telling...
I have not done the Princess Story Telling...
I have not done MANY of the Character meals....
I have not been to Club 33 - yet....
I have never taken ANY kind of a tour - need to fix that!!
I have not done EE at Toontown for Morning Madness
I have not tried a Churro at Disney (tried it elsewhere - didn't like them..)

I think that is about it really...

KDR
06-05-2007, 08:54 AM
Just speaking about DL alone (and not DD or DCA), I can't really think of anything . . . though I haven't done every single possible thing inside Innoventions. Oh, the Princess Fair (or whatever it's called) is something that just isn't for me, so I haven't been by there. Nor have I seen Aladdin and Jasmine's tales at Aladdin's Oasis. But I did eat at Aladdin's Oasis several times before it stopped being a restaurant.

But that's it. I've visited every other attraction, entered every shop, and dined at every restaurant (though I haven't had food from every cart).

Pat-n-Eil
06-05-2007, 08:59 AM
Fantasmic!

Been near it at times but never sat in the audience and watched it. This is something I hope to remedy at the end of this month!

(never did the canoes either, but I don't have a strong desire to do so)