PDA

View Full Version : Need a suite for six

Mitchwebb
06-04-2007, 02:36 PM
We are going to add my niece to our already large group of five in August. I was thinking of two rooms at CCI ($220 before taxes) but wondered if there is a cheaper suite hotel. I really want a two room suite. Any suggestions ?

Malcon10t
06-04-2007, 02:50 PM
We are going to add my niece to our already large group of five in August. I was thinking of two rooms at CCI ($220 before taxes) but wondered if there is a cheaper suite hotel. I really want a two room suite. Any suggestions ?Options I really like: Residence Inn Maingate, huge rooms, hot breakfast, and close. Homewood Suites, big rooms, hot breakfast.

Camelot Inn also has a "family" suite we really like. And we like Desert Inn and Suites.

MickeyDogMom
06-04-2007, 04:17 PM
Camelot Inn also has a "family" suite we really like. And we like Desert Inn and Suites.

We stayed at the Camelot inn? for our gradnite. I'm not a 100% sure what it's called but it was shaped like a castle. It was very spacious but certainly not a 5 star hotel. Plenty of room for 6 girls to get ready for a crazy nite!!! It also wasn't too bad of a walk from DL to the hotel. Of course I was half asleep the whole walk there.

Malcon10t
06-04-2007, 05:01 PM
We stayed at the Camelot inn? for our gradnite. I'm not a 100% sure what it's called but it was shaped like a castle. It was very spacious but certainly not a 5 star hotel. Plenty of room for 6 girls to get ready for a crazy nite!!! It also wasn't too bad of a walk from DL to the hotel. Of course I was half asleep the whole walk there.You stayed at the Castle Inn and Suites. The Camelot is where we stayed with your dad (next door to McDs.)

The family suite there has 2 rooms, 3 queen beds, one sofa bed (double size) a small "kitchen" table, micro, fridge, etc... 2 TVs, 1 bathroom.

darph nader
06-04-2007, 05:51 PM
I'm with Malcon10t. We did the Camelot back in 05. Lotsa room for 6 people(the 4th floor pool is kick 'fanny' btw).Will stay there again,(dd wants to try Tropicaca next time though)

ps,the only drawback is there's only 1 bathroom in the suite we had.:(

Mrs Mouse
06-04-2007, 06:30 PM
We've never stayed at the Camelot, so I can't comment on that one, but we have stayed at the Desert Inn & Suites and I would certainly reccommend it.

They have many different configurations of rooms to choose from (all of which are listed on their website), but we stayed in a two room suite. It was basically like two adjoining rooms, but with only one main entrance and much cheaper than you'd pay for two regular rooms. It had four queen-sized beds as well as a sofa bed and two bathrooms (only one had a tub/shower, but you can get a room that has two full baths as well). The good thing about a suite like this is that there's tons of room, enough bathroom space for everyone, and if you have young children in your party you can put them to bed in one room and the grownups don't have to call it a night at the same time. Their rooms also have fridges and microwaves.

Though the breakfast that they offer certainly isn't much to write home about (think danishes, fruit, coffee and juice) their prices are quite low for what you get and the location can't be beat. It's literally right across the street from the park entrance - about a ten minute walk or less to the esplanade.

That's my two cents. Good luck with the hotel hunting!

orangechicken
06-04-2007, 07:56 PM
We had the exact same situation, there were 6 of us and 2 hotel room were just too expensive. So, we found the Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites. A 2 room suite (one with 2 beds, and the other with a fold-out couch) set us back $109 a night with free parking and a contenintal breakfast! We haven't stayed there yet (not until sept.) but the price looks great to me! And it's directly across the street from the main entrance, so it will be really easy to come back to take breaks! Good luck!

Empico
06-05-2007, 06:45 AM
La Quinta Inns on Clementine have 2 bedroom 2 bathroom and livingroom suites for a really reasonable price, plus breakfast. Walking distance to park. That's where I got reservations for my daughter and her family. Haven't been there yet. There is some construction going on across the street but that's during the day.

carnation dave
06-05-2007, 07:04 AM
My family has stayed at Homewood suites by Hilton several times in November. One bedroom has two queens and a fold out in the separate living room. Full kitchen and they serve a hot buffet breakfast and M-TH dinner snack. Check it out. Have a great trip.:)

kiowa
06-05-2007, 07:17 AM
We are going to add my niece to our already large group of five in August. I was thinking of two rooms at CCI ($220 before taxes) but wondered if there is a cheaper suite hotel. I really want a two room suite. Any suggestions ?

What are your dates?

Mrs Mouse
06-05-2007, 07:28 AM
La Quinta Inns on Clementine have 2 bedroom 2 bathroom and livingroom suites for a really reasonable price, plus breakfast. Walking distance to park. That's where I got reservations for my daughter and her family. Haven't been there yet. There is some construction going on across the street but that's during the day.
We stayed at the La Quinta three summers ago, and it wasn't bad. If I remember right, the rooms are really spacious.

Just so you know, though, it's quite a walk to the park from there.

Malcon10t
06-05-2007, 08:07 AM
Walking distance is a matter of opinion. Its a mile from the park. That is a LONG walk after a day at the park. I haven't heard great things about La Quinta. When we were at the Residence Inn in December, people on the ART bus were complaining that the rooms weren't clean.

julw
06-05-2007, 09:30 AM
I just reserved a view suite for 6 at the Carousel Inn & Suites in July for $216. It's a little more than I wanted to pay, but I have never been dissaointed with the Carousel in the past. Good luck to you!

Malcon10t
06-05-2007, 09:41 AM
I just reserved a view suite for 6 at the Carousel Inn & Suites in July for $216. It's a little more than I wanted to pay, but I have never been dissaointed with the Carousel in the past. Good luck to you!We have the view suite reserved for July also. EXCELLENT room. Now we are havin a change in plans and I am reconsidering the room. We still have ressies at Park Vue also. (My son just got accepted into the CHP academy and won't be with us, so we don't need the huge room (that he was helping pay for)).

Tammy77
06-05-2007, 10:50 AM
We are going on july 9th we are staying at the Ramada plaza hotel and we are going to have 7 with us they said it is about a block away from DL so it shouldn't be bad.:p

Mitchwebb
06-05-2007, 12:01 PM
Thank you for all the great ideas I am looking into my dates and the different Motels. We be at Disneyland 8/12-8/15.

thanks

mariezp
06-23-2007, 04:38 AM
Another recommendation for Anaheim Desert Inn. September will be our 7th stay there. The rooms are large, you can get 2 bathrooms, all have a fridge & microwave, they are clean & comfortable, a good price and the location can't be beat. Not 5 star but works great if you will not be spending lots of time in your room anyway. We enjoy being able to walk back to the room midday. There is also a convience store downstairs for anything you might have forgotten.