PDA

View Full Version : Meal Deals & Kids Eat Free

cantwait
06-04-2007, 12:42 PM
I am planning that DS & I will share a lot of meals as it seems a lot of people say the adult portions can be very large. Here’s my list (in no particular order) I’ve compiled from opinions of other posters on where meal sharing would go the farthest. Please add your own suggestions if you have any.

1. Whitewater Snacks (GCH) – breakfast burritos and chicken nachos
2. Redd Rockets – pizza to share
3. Tortilla Jo's walk up window in DTD
4. The French Market – chicken meal
5. Mimi’s (where are they located, HoJo's?)
6. Pizza Port – Chicken Fuselli

Does anyone know of any for Disneyland area restaurants that offer a Kid’s Eat Free (with paying adult) service (other than Captain Kidd’s which from the BWPPI post I understand would be a rather questionable experience)?

Mrs Mouse
06-04-2007, 12:57 PM
To add to your "big-enough-to-share" list, I strongly recommend the Plaza Inn. There is lots to choose from, the food is really good, and most meals can easily feed two people, especially the chicken or pot-roast dinner and the pasta.

If you're in the mood for Mexican, Rancho del Zocalo has large entrees as well.

DisneyLynn
06-04-2007, 05:43 PM
I was going to add Rancho del Zocalo to the list.

It all depends on how much you need (i.e. how old your son is and his appetite) Sometimes my daughter (who is 5)and I split the footlong hotdog at the Corner on Mainstreet, it's only like 25 or 50 cents more than a regular length hotdog. We've also split the burgers at the Hungry Bear, the Pizza at Village Haus (has small 4 slices and it comes with a salad) or the 6 piece chicken strips & fries at the Stage Door Cafe.

awdfan
06-04-2007, 05:55 PM
Mimi’s (where are they located, HoJo's?)

Mimi's is across the street from the Howard Johnson's, on Harbor, on the same side of the street as HoJo's.

I agree with the chicken nachos from Whitewater, between 3 adults we couldn't finish them! And the chili dog is a good size to split as well.

The cheese monte cristo from Cafe Orleans is large, but a little goes a long way with that one.

Shadowcat
06-04-2007, 06:52 PM
There's an IHOP right at the Harbor crosswalk from Disneyland, between BWPPI/Captain Kidds and the Park Vue Inn. Kids eat free there with a paid adult after 4pm (might be 6pm).

I was unaware during our stay at the BWPPI that Captain Kidds even had a Kids Eat Free deal going on. If so, I believe IHOP would have sparked Captain Kidds to start the same offer - they were losing money to the IHOP.

cantwait
06-05-2007, 05:24 PM
Thanks! I added those suggestions to my list. I'm starting to feel like a planning freak! ;)

rargirl
06-07-2007, 03:28 PM
I agree with Rancho Del Zocalo. I have split the Cheese Enchelladas (it comes with 4) with my husband a few times.

Also, It is a somewhat unknown fact that refills are allowed on beverages at counter service restaurants (example: Plaza Inn, French Market, Rancho). This comes in handy for us because my husband will only drink about half a mint julep and then he is done. I on the other hand could take a mint julep shower. We commonly share one at the French Market and get a refill.

grimgrinningirl
06-08-2007, 07:38 AM
Free mint julep refils?!? :eek: Seriously?!? I know where I will be eating next trip :D

disneyshoes
06-08-2007, 12:05 PM
Wow- thanks for the info :)

barely
06-08-2007, 01:35 PM
I don't believe the the mint julep refills are free.

jacandjan
06-09-2007, 12:49 PM
I just called the Ihop and it is from 4pm to Midnight. Thanks for that info, it will save us money too.