PDA

View Full Version : Hopper upgrade

Pascomom
06-04-2007, 11:15 AM
Hello experts:

We wanted to upgrade our 5 day hoppers to 6 days, approx $50 more (for all five of us:D ). I called the WDTC and they said I could do this, either before the first use or after. I know sometime CM's give conflicting or incorrect info, but I need to be sure. If it is true after, why not wait till last day, I may not need the extra day after all (but I think I will, can't get enough Disney).

Has anyone heard of this, upgrading after first use, or must I do it before we use the first use.

Thanks;)

hefferdude
06-04-2007, 11:29 AM
Is a six day available outright? Online the price difference of a 4 day p/h and a 5 day p/h is $10 so it would make sense. Caveat: Best to ask at a ticket kiosk or guest services when you arrive. Depending on the dates of your trip, you may want to consider an upgrade to a deluxe ap - $10 more than walkup price - ie 5 day p/h $229 to a delux ap $239. The difference from an online 5 day p/h to a delux ap would $50/upgrade and might be too much for your budget. Best of luck. BTW - I have almost always found the guest service and ticket kiosk cms absolutely great!

Malcon10t
06-04-2007, 12:35 PM
Hello experts:

We wanted to upgrade our 5 day hoppers to 6 days, approx $50 more (for all five of us:D ). I called the WDTC and they said I could do this, either before the first use or after. I know sometime CM's give conflicting or incorrect info, but I need to be sure. If it is true after, why not wait till last day, I may not need the extra day after all (but I think I will, can't get enough Disney).

Has anyone heard of this, upgrading after first use, or must I do it before we use the first use.

Thanks;)Yes, BUT you need to go to the WDTC by the Compass Bookstore in DTD. DO NOT go to the ticket booths. For an additional $10 per person you can get 8 day passes!!! ;) And you can do it anytime before the last hours of visit. WDTC is only open til 5pm I think. You can do it on your 5th day, just make sure they are open.

Malcon10t
06-04-2007, 12:38 PM
Is a six day available outright? Online the price difference of a 4 day p/h and a 5 day p/h is $10 so it would make sense. Caveat: Best to ask at a ticket kiosk or guest services when you arrive. Depending on the dates of your trip, you may want to consider an upgrade to a deluxe ap - $10 more than walkup price - ie 5 day p/h $229 to a delux ap $239. The difference from an online 5 day p/h to a delux ap would $50/upgrade and might be too much for your budget. Best of luck. BTW - I have almost always found the guest service and ticket kiosk cms absolutely great!
I think the person bought them thru WDTC, so the 5 day pass was $189, a 6 day would be $199. A 7 or 8 day would be $209 (they are the same price.)

Pascomom
06-04-2007, 01:09 PM
I think the person bought them thru WDTC, so the 5 day pass was $189, a 6 day would be $199. A 7 or 8 day would be $209 (they are the same price.)

You are correct! Thanks for the good news for me. We like to take days off from the park to enjoy our hotel, but always find, in the evendings, we sure would like to take in a parade or fireworks.

missm
06-04-2007, 08:01 PM
I know sometime CM's give conflicting or incorrect info, but I need to be sure.
Thanks;)

I always send an email through the DL site. That way when they get back to me with the answer I just print that email and pack it in my suitcase just in case there is any trouble once down there.

kares 17
06-05-2007, 09:18 AM
Yes, BUT you need to go to the WDTC by the Compass Bookstore in DTD. DO NOT go to the ticket booths. For an additional $10 per person you can get 8 day passes!!! ;) And you can do it anytime before the last hours of visit. WDTC is only open til 5pm I think. You can do it on your 5th day, just make sure they are open.

Are they open on Saturdays? I'm contemplating doing the same thing but my 5th day falls on a Saturday?

Malcon10t
06-05-2007, 10:30 AM
Are they open on Saturdays? I'm contemplating doing the same thing but my 5th day falls on a Saturday?Its open 830am-5pm daily, weekends included.

limace
06-05-2007, 11:13 AM
We bought our 5 day PH through getawaytoday.com. Can we still upgrade in DTD or would we be better off upgrading through getawaytoday? I'm very tempted-my family is going to be there for 8 days but we only bought 5 day passes due to travel time and the fact DH is going to be in a conference. It'd be great to be able to come and go as I please.

Malcon10t
06-05-2007, 11:43 AM
We bought our 5 day PH through getawaytoday.com. Can we still upgrade in DTD or would we be better off upgrading through getawaytoday? I'm very tempted-my family is going to be there for 8 days but we only bought 5 day passes due to travel time and the fact DH is going to be in a conference. It'd be great to be able to come and go as I please.No, you will need to change thru Getawaytoday. They are not WDTC tickets. Getaway charges $25 in addition to the difference.

Pascomom
06-05-2007, 12:59 PM
No, you will need to change thru Getawaytoday. They are not WDTC tickets. Getaway charges $25 in addition to the difference.

I am sure you are correct and am not doubting your park knowledge whatsoever, and I am very impressed of your Disney knowledge in general Malcon10t, (and I booked thru AAA, which is in essence WDTC, so this does not apply to me) but in thinking about it, once the Getaway today vouchers or e-tickets are "turned" into tickets, aren't they then the same as WDTC tickets? Then if used, say, on the 4th day, couldn't they be upgraded, the tickets are all the same, I thought, same price anyway?

Just a thought.:)

Malcon10t
06-05-2007, 01:31 PM
I am sure you are correct and am not doubting your park knowledge whatsoever, and I am very impressed of your Disney knowledge in general Malcon10t, (and I booked thru AAA, which is in essence WDTC, so this does not apply to me) but in thinking about it, once the Getaway today vouchers or e-tickets are "turned" into tickets, aren't they then the same as WDTC tickets? Then if used, say, on the 4th day, couldn't they be upgraded, the tickets are all the same, I thought, same price anyway?There is a BIG difference. To be upgraded at WDTC, it must say "WDTC" on the back of the ticket. (Yes, AAA will say this if purchased in a package.) Someone here learned this the hardway.

OTHERWISE, the tickets are NOT upgradeable thru WDTC. Which is the trick. What happens then? You go to the ticket booths or Guest Services, and you pay the difference between the price you paid and GATE TICKET price. So, instead of being $50 for your 5 tickets, its closer to $200. And thinking, I do not think they will upgrade past a 5 day ticket at the ticket booth, you would have to upgrade to an AP.

Pascomom
06-05-2007, 06:26 PM
There is a BIG difference. To be upgraded at WDTC, it must say "WDTC" on the back of the ticket. (Yes, AAA will say this if purchased in a package.) Someone here learned this the hardway.

OTHERWISE, the tickets are NOT upgradeable thru WDTC. Which is the trick. What happens then? You go to the ticket booths or Guest Services, and you pay the difference between the price you paid and GATE TICKET price. So, instead of being $50 for your 5 tickets, its closer to $200. And thinking, I do not think they will upgrade past a 5 day ticket at the ticket booth, you would have to upgrade to an AP.

Wow, good to know, thank goodness I went thru AAA (WDTC). ;)