PDA

View Full Version : Downtown Disney After Hours

dehnehsu
06-03-2007, 06:39 PM
Just curious, Our last trip as we walked thru Downtown Disney I started to wonder, Do they ever close the area off after hours to the general public? After 4:00 am can you cut thru Downtown Disney to get from Disneyland Drive to Harbor? With heightened security do they close off the area near the entrances to both parks or close off the area completly? Not too many people other than employees (including Security) are probably awake at that time!

evrythngwmn
06-03-2007, 08:14 PM
You can walk through but you may possibly be stopped and questioned why you are there at that hour.

BarbD
06-04-2007, 08:32 AM
Last year I was there (In late July) and training for the Half Marathon so I was up very early (Like 5am) and cut through Downtown as my choice of way to run. There was lots of people cleaning the sidewalks with hoses and a couple disney vehicles on the walkways. No one stopped us but it was pretty obvious I was exercising.

The actual Marathon Weekend we had to be at the start something like 4 in the morning so again we cut through. It was weird going through the tents with no one stopping us lol.

Squeaky
06-04-2007, 01:05 PM
my brother likes to walk dtd at 2 am when most shops are closing. He said that every night for the week he was there, there was a security sweep at 2am, and they kicked everyone out! He kept going to see if it would change, but it never did. :(