PDA

View Full Version : Staying at DVC, but not a member?

Grumpymom73
06-03-2007, 01:42 PM
My family is planning to stay at a DVC resort for 5 nights, but we are NOT members. We are paying for the villa. My question is... Do we receive daily housekeeping? I know DVC members do not. The villa's are quite pricey to rent so I would think the rates included housekeeping. Am I right or do I have to look forward to making my own beds? :crying: LOL

So have any of you paid to stay at a DVC resort? Do you know the differences between being a member and just staying as a resort guest?

GAN
06-03-2007, 03:34 PM
Are you saying that you "rent"ed points from a member or that you paid for your stay through Disney? If you rented points from a member then you are entitled to everything that a member is -For stays of seven or fewer nights, Trash and Towel Service is provided on day four, for stays of eight or more nights, Full Cleaning Service is provided on day four and Trash and Towel Service is provided on day eight. If you booked through Disney, I believe you are entitled to full service daily.

Grumpymom73
06-03-2007, 03:45 PM
I'm sorry I should have made that clearer. I booked our stay through Disney.

Cheshire Figment
06-03-2007, 04:03 PM
Since you booked through Disney it is as if you were in a hotel, and you will get daily housekeeping service.

Grumpymom73
06-03-2007, 04:33 PM
Thanks everyone for your replies. I know it's a small thing, but who wants to clean and make beds when you're on vacation. Coming back to a clean room is one of the things that makes me smile on vacation. LOL

GusMan
06-03-2007, 07:48 PM
Thanks everyone for your replies. I know it's a small thing, but who wants to clean and make beds when you're on vacation. Coming back to a clean room is one of the things that makes me smile on vacation. LOL
Actually, its not really a small thing to those non-DVC members who may not understand the housekeeping arrangement when "renting" DVC points from a member.. I am sure there are many who were disappointed to find that their point rental did not include the same kind of housekeeping as a normal hotel stay.

Although I will say that the person I rented points from was more than excellent at putting this in the rental agreement made between the two of us. :)