PDA

View Full Version : Club 33 Auction

kiwifuz
06-03-2007, 08:26 AM
I wonder how legit this is: http://www.charityfolks.com/cfauctions/auction_bid.asp?AuctionID=7058&catname=Vacation+Packages&scid=8860&mcid=10976

Not that I really want to drop that kind of money, but it's really cool if someone wants to go and this is for real.

bloodnswash
06-03-2007, 08:35 AM
Very interesting. I saw someone on Ebay one time trying to do a charity thing with their Club 33 membership. They had to remove it because they did not get Disney's permission to do that with their membership.......big time against their Club 33 rules.

The Blue Parrot
06-03-2007, 01:20 PM
Yes, auctions of any kind, donated to charity or not, are no longer permitted. A brochure (with updated rules of membership) was sent to all members this year. It was very clear on the subject. Just say "No thanks"...

KDR
06-03-2007, 04:05 PM
It's entirely possible that this will end up with a new membership slot open at Club 33, as someone is in very big danger of losing their membership.

Rkkm
06-03-2007, 04:57 PM
A non-profit organization, upon whose board of directors I sit .. an LA-area library foundation ... had two Club 33 visits/meals up for auction last month (May) on the online charity auction site cmarket.com. One had been contributed by a Club 33 private member and the other by a corporate member.

As SOON as they appeared on cmarket, the foundation got an email from "Sue" (whom I believe to be the manager of Club 33) telling us that those who were sponsoring the visit/meals - meaning the members - were risking the loss of their memberships. Subsequently, the private member reviewed the Club 33 membership rules and found that this was true.

We removed both visit/meals immediately. (Too bad, because I was going to lickety-split publish the link on Mousepad for all of you to bid.)