PDA

View Full Version : Parrot in Haunted Mansion?

Matterhorn Fan
06-19-2002, 08:13 AM
I'm listening to the Haunted Mansion CD. During "Grim Grinning Ghosts," there is a parrot that says "Louder," and "What's that" (around 17:30, if you've got the CD).

So here's my question: where is there a parrot in the graveyard scene? (Or is this just something they put on the CD to confuse people like me?)

lisap
06-19-2002, 08:19 AM
Maybe it's a raven. Does he say "nevermore?"
Nevermind.

Matterhorn Fan
06-19-2002, 08:30 AM
I suppose that's possible, but it's not the raven, and it doesn't say "nevermore."

The voice it's talking to sounds muffled--maybe it's near the mummy?

Flubber
06-19-2002, 08:38 AM
It's the old guy with the cone up to his ear. "Eh! Wh What's that?"
"Louder!"

Flub

Gemini Cricket
06-19-2002, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Flubber
It's the old guy with the cone up to his ear. "Eh! Wh What's that?"
"Louder!"

Flub
I'll confirm this. I thought it was a parrot, too. Then I rode the ride and realized, hey, it's that old dude.
:)

Matterhorn Fan
06-19-2002, 11:19 AM
Thanks.

And I'm glad to know that I wasn't the only one to think that sounded like a parrot. Next time I go on the Haunted Mansion (eek! I hope it's sometime before January! :eek: ), I will be looking for the "old dude" with "the cone up to his ear." ;)

Uncle Dick
06-19-2002, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Matterhorn Fan
Thanks.

And I'm glad to know that I wasn't the only one to think that sounded like a parrot. Next time I go on the Haunted Mansion (eek! I hope it's sometime before January! :eek: ), I will be looking for the "old dude" with "the cone up to his ear." ;)
IIRC, the old dude is located near the end of the graveyard scene off to the left hand side of your doom buggy.

Cadaverous Pallor
06-19-2002, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the tip! I've never caught that. Have to keep an ear out.

Gemini Cricket
06-19-2002, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
Have to keep an ear out.
har-dee-har-har :D:D

blusilva
06-19-2002, 08:51 PM
Well, and the joke is, it's the mummy who's singing to him. In a muffled voice, of course, since he's all wrapped up. And the more the old guy says "eh, what's that?" the more frustrated the mummy sounds.

I love the HM soundtrack CD. And since the Mansion came back from the Nightmare refit, the graveyard ghosts' soundtrack is SO much clearer. You can actually hear the individual ghosts singing and it doesn't quite sound so much like a giant cacophony.