PDA

View Full Version : Carousel Inn

squirrel44
06-02-2007, 06:14 PM
I have heard this is a close hotel to the main entrance. I was wondering if anyone has stayed here and could tell me a bit more about the hotel.

What was available for the continental breakfast? How close to other restraunts?

Thanks.

The Blue Parrot
06-02-2007, 06:44 PM
I tend to stay here on most trips to the Park.

Rooms have been ok. Best ones, IMHO, are those in all the way in the back where there is only two stories.

Breakfast is nothing special and you can go either way and find better.

For the price, it's clean and comfortable and close to the Park.

Malcon10t
06-02-2007, 07:11 PM
I have heard this is a close hotel to the main entrance. I was wondering if anyone has stayed here and could tell me a bit more about the hotel.

What was available for the continental breakfast? How close to other restraunts?

Thanks.We have stayed there. We will be staying there our next trip in the View Suites. It is very close to the main gate, probably 5-7 minutes. Mimi's is a 3-5 min walk. The other restaurants in the near area are Tony Romas, Denny's, Millies, IHop, and all of DTD (10 mins to DTD.) There is a Quiznos on the Carousel grounds.

The breakfast is ok, if pastries are ok. I believe they also have bagels and some fruit. Since we are protein breakfast folks, none of the continental breakfasts are really great by us. The rooms are pretty and fairly updated. They have aways been clean and the staff friendly.

AlbertaMinnie
06-03-2007, 05:45 AM
We have stayed here 3 times, but because their prices are so high this year we are trying somewhere new. IMHO, the rooms on the 5th floor are the best because you can open the door in the morning and peer out at DCA!!! Not to mention the view at night with all their lights! I always request that our room is NOT directly under the pool....just a phobia of mine! The breakfast last summer was apples, oranges, oatmeal, toast, muffins, danish and hard boiled eggs, orange juice, coffee and tea. Avoid room 512...our friends got it last year and it was much smaller than our room! Another big plus with this hotel is the sliding doors they have to separate the wash area from the bedroom. Oh ya, and if you are not in the park one night...the breakfast room doubles as a great area to sit and watch the fireworks! And if you can afford it...........the View Suites are supposed to be great!

JookyG
06-03-2007, 09:25 AM
The continental breakfast here sets itself apart from all the rest in the area by being the only one to serve protein--hard boiled eggs--in addition to all the crappy, sugary pastries. Rubbery, but protein. Since most of the hotels along "the strip" are indistinguishable from one another, this is as good a reason as any for me to stay.

squirrel44
06-03-2007, 03:34 PM
Looks like I'm getting a better deal on a package with BWPPI!

I guess I will just have to keep saving money and plan another trip to Disneyland-then I can check out some more hotels.

stan4d_steph
06-03-2007, 06:33 PM
You can see user reviews by clicking on the User Reviews link at the top of the page. Here's a link to the Carousel Inn page (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/display.cgi?product-sku=carouselinnandsuites).

It's a popular hotel with MP readers. Doing a search will yield many results.