PDA

View Full Version : What Are The Songs Used to Make Fantasmic?

NautilusL2
06-02-2007, 02:35 PM
Hi there, I'm in desperate need to find out what the song used for the ship scene in Fantasmic is. It's the part where the ship from The Little Mermaid is fighting the rain and lightning, before the cannon bangs and the pirate ship comes out. Thanks a lot!!!:D

Niwel
06-02-2007, 05:36 PM
Huh? Is this at WDW?:confused:
At DL the ship is from Peter Pan.

WITron
06-04-2007, 05:30 AM
The OP is talking about the scene that is on the water screen before Columbia comes out. The animated scene is from the Little Mermaid.

Niwel
06-04-2007, 09:11 AM
Then I need a little clarification on the question... did you want to know which song is played over the scene of the ship or over the actual ship fight?

NautilusL2
06-11-2007, 04:16 PM
Ok clarification. In Fantasmic - between Mickey Mouse's "Huh, whats goin on? Uhoh" and the cannon from the Columbia there is a sequence from The Little Mermaid being displayed from the water. I need to know where the music is from in that sequence. Its not from the Little Mermaid, I known that for sure. :)

Autopia Guy
06-11-2007, 05:52 PM
I think it is just one of the many variations on the Fantasmic! "A" theme that is used through the whole show. The "A" theme is the brassier one at the start and the "B" theme is the more romantic sounding one. To me and my slightly trained musical ear, it sounds like a modal variation and a meter variation of the "A" theme. Basically it is in a different key and time.

I knew music theory would somehow come in handy with Disney...

danyoung
06-12-2007, 09:54 AM
I agree with you, Autopia Guy - it's just a piece of interstitial music to tie the segments together. It's not a song that exists anywhere else, unlike many of the themes that appear throughout the show's music track.

Trogdor the Burninator
06-12-2007, 02:26 PM
It will probably be one of two songs, Night on Bald Mountain by Rimsky-Korsakov or The Sorcerer's Apprentice by Dukas'. Both are used in the movie Fantasia and are used heavily in Fantasmic. My guess is it's the Sorcerer's Apprentice as that's kinda what's being used in the scenes prior. Hope this helps.

geoffa
06-13-2007, 02:22 AM
Agree. There are strains of "Sorcerer's Apprentice as Mickey is whirlpooled. The "A" theme is the "Imagination" song but Dukas and Rimsky Korsokov are in there too. There's no distinct song as such.

In the WDW version there is a complete departure as there is no Columbia / Peter Pan sequence - instead there is Pocohontas and the battle with the Virginians and the Indians followed by the the Princess sequence. The Evil Queen and Maleficent follow.

Interesting to note the soundtrack at the park is a hybrid 6 channel surround sound system.