PDA

View Full Version : Print at home "E-Ticket" option for online ticket purchases [Merged]

Leap for Joy
06-02-2007, 09:19 AM
Since this is a new service I thought I'd share my experience with it. I'm also hoping the thread title makes it easy for others to find. Searching for "e-ticket" around here yields a whole different topic (obviously). I wish DL had chosen a different name for it!

Three people in my group used the print-at-home ticket feature on the Disneyland website. The printout has a barcode. It's like printing movie tickets from Fandango. The tickets print right at the turnstiles without any problem. And it was fast enough that it didn't slow the line down!

One thing to watch out for: make sure that they scan the ticket into the park like they do when you hand them a ticket. They scan your bar code, the ticket prints, and then they have to scan the ticket. They didn't scan one of our tickets so then it wouldn't work in the fastpass machines and we had to walk back to City Hall.

I highly recommend this option when buying tickets online. You don't have to wait for shipping, you don't have to wait in an extra line at the park, and it's free! :)

The old man
06-02-2007, 09:53 PM
The tickets print right at the turnstiles without any problem. And it was fast enough that it didn't slow the line down!

What does this mean? There are printers at the turnstyles now?

Malcon10t
06-02-2007, 09:58 PM
What does this mean? There are printers at the turnstyles now?
Yes.

The old man
06-02-2007, 10:07 PM
Yes.

Thank you for the quick response, but why is it called Print At Home? What is this all about?

ariel39
06-02-2007, 10:26 PM
You pay for the ticket online and print it out on your printer. You then go right to the gate and not the ticket booth to get the "actual" ticket. We did it on May 18 and we actually had to wait for 5 mins for it to print the ticket. We are AP holders but took my daughters friend and we held up the line. We were in the front of the line, I felt so bad!!

backsthepack
06-03-2007, 12:08 PM
I almost did this for our tickets for next weekend, but I chickened out when I read the disclaimer "we are not responsible for printing errors, etc" or something like that. I figured just as I was spending my $470.00 on tickets my printer would act up and I wouldn't have a print out to take with me. So I opted for will call instead!

SANDYMARIE
06-03-2007, 12:25 PM
I almost did this for our tickets for next weekend, but I chickened out when I read the disclaimer "we are not responsible for printing errors, etc" or something like that. I figured just as I was spending my $470.00 on tickets my printer would act up and I wouldn't have a print out to take with me. So I opted for will call instead!

I had mine sent to me. The thought of printing it scared me too death! :eek:
Ya never know!

TTFN

awdfan
06-03-2007, 05:31 PM
I used this option for my trip last week and it worked out perfectly. And as a bonus, I got a coupon for 10-20% off a purchase at any of the shops.

Malcon10t
06-03-2007, 06:17 PM
I had mine sent to me. The thought of printing it scared me too death! :eek:
Ya never know!

TTFN
Anything like this, in addition to printing, I always save as a pdf in case I lose the print out or spill on it, or something equally as disasterous.

EpcotMex
06-20-2007, 04:17 PM
I read something about buying e-Tickets, print them at home, and go directly to the entrance. What about the magnetic strip, how this work at the entrance? What about Fast pass machines?

biolabetty
06-20-2007, 04:24 PM
My daughter did this last week, they gave her a hard copy ticket at the gate.

Drince88
06-20-2007, 05:04 PM
EpcotMex, I merged your thread with one from earlier this month that talked about the print-at-home tickets. You might want to review it for some additional information.