PDA

View Full Version : Rides open during Grad Nite...

DJ_MENTOS
06-01-2007, 10:40 AM
I will be chaperoning Grad Nite on June 14th. Does anyone know which rides will be open/closed?

Thanks

Tisha
06-01-2007, 12:53 PM
As far as I remember from my grad night (5 years ago ^_^), I think just about everything was running. Except the tram. It wasn't fun to walk all the way from the parking lot.

someimagination
06-05-2007, 01:47 PM
I don't think TSI is opened...All of Toontown is closed for Grad Nite [in part because of the pyrotechnics], as well as Storybookland. The rest of Fantasyland is scheduled to be opened, as is I believe the rest of the park.

kimi911
06-05-2007, 02:09 PM
Grad Nite is fun. Enjoy chaperoning it! Just about any real ride is open. In the final 1 hour, the lines get really short BTW. Some people seem to head out the gates early, for some reason. ha-ha.

gibson510
06-05-2007, 06:50 PM
The Fantasyland dark rides shut down for about 15 minutes every hour until 3a.m. for a fireworks show that takes place at the top of every hour behind the castle.

PanFan
06-05-2007, 07:18 PM
The Fantasyland dark rides shut down for about 15 minutes every hour until 3a.m. for a fireworks show that takes place at the top of every hour behind the castle.

That's not entirely accurate. Everything in FL except for Casey Jr. opens when Grad Nite starts, then the majority of them close around 12:00 in preparation for the pyro displays from the castle at 1:00. The Tea Cups stay open during pyro as does IASW and Matterhorn. The only FL ride to reopen in between the two pyro displays at 1:00 and 3:00 is Dumbo. Alice, Toad, Pan, Snow, Pinocchio, and the Carrousel will stay closed until about 3:30.

And yes, the lines do get very short near the end. By 5:15 Peter Pan was a walk on and when I worked it, we cycled empty boats for a full 20 minutes before closing at 6:00.

PanFan
06-06-2007, 12:37 PM
Okay, I found my list. It's from my CM reference guide, but specific to the May 24 GN. Hopefully everything will be the same for June 14.

Everything listed is open from 11:30pm until 6am unless otherwise noted.

Astro Orbitor
Alice in Wonderland
Autopia (closes at 5am)
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
King Arthur Carrousel
Casey Jr. Circus Train (this one is listed, but we didn't open it--I heard it was open for a GN last week, though)
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Enchanted Tiki Room
Haunted Mansion
Honey, I Shrunk the Audience
Indiana Jones Adventure
It's a Small World (closes at 5am)
Jungle Cruise (closes at 5am)
Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (closes at 5am)
Mad Tea Party
Matterhorn Bobsleds
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Peter Pan's Flight
Pinocchio's Daring Journey (closes at 5am)
Pirates of the Caribbean
Snow White's Scary Adventures (closes at 5am)
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain (closes at 5am)
Star Tours

Let me know if you want to know about stores, restaurants, clubs, or character meet & greets (as they pertained to May 24). Have fun not getting hit by any strollers!