PDA

View Full Version : Does GCH still offer these perks

Gilesmt
06-01-2007, 06:08 AM
Does anyone know if GCH still offer these perks?

Grand quest, the scavanger hunt?

Teenager's extreme tour, that allows 5 E rides between the two parks? And how much it is?

Also, is it true that they still offer a tour of Condor Flats and the first ride of the day on SOC?

Oh and does White Water Snacks still have a refillable cup?

bloodnswash
06-01-2007, 06:48 AM

Teenager's extreme tour, that allows 5 E rides between the two parks? And how much it is?

Also, is it true that they still offer a tour of Condor Flats and the first ride of the day on SOC?

Do you mean free refills? Yes, White Water still does that.

As for the other things you mentioned I never even knew about them....and I've stayed there twice (2003 and 2005).

biolabetty
06-01-2007, 07:23 AM
The only thing I know about is the tour, we did it the last day of April. You have to ask for it at the gate around 45 minutes to an hour before DCA opens. When we did it, there was one person at the gate who was going to do the tour, but she didn't advertise the fact. If someone else came up trying to get in early to DCA, she would tell them it wasn't open yet and sent them to DL. Only if you asked for the tour would you get it. It ended up just being 4 of us, since we were the only ones who asked for the tour.

Darkbeer
06-01-2007, 07:26 AM
Whitewater Snacks has stopped offering the refillable cup. You can get a free refill during the same meal, but you can't buy a cup that you can bring back multiple times.

DangerMouse
06-01-2007, 07:37 AM
I did the condor flats tour in June of 2005. I don't believe it's advertised, you just need to ask the CM at the DCA private entrance at about 9:00 am if they are offering it that morning. They will take you in at about 9:15 and you can ride Soarin first before they let the general public in at 9:30.

with_5
06-01-2007, 09:52 AM
Will they allow you to do the tour if you are staying at another DLR hotel?

biolabetty
06-01-2007, 10:43 AM

I asked that one time, I was told it was supposed to be only for GCH guests, but you could always try.

DangerMouse
06-01-2007, 10:47 AM

I was asked to show my GCH room key and charge slip.

sierranevada
06-01-2007, 10:59 AM

1. As far as I know, yes, they still do the grand quest.

2. I believe that tour is seasonal so ask at check in.

3. Again, as far as I know, yes.

4. As others said, yes.

They now allow the other DLR hotels in early. We did in last time we were at the DLH.

pisces
06-01-2007, 01:38 PM
Last year they'd become a little bit more restrictive about the special first ride of the day Soarin.

What they wanted was to to phase out the tour and first ride of the day---Soarin, and just make it an occasional special event, for selected families as part of the special "Dreams" of the ...Year Of A Million Dreams.

The original intent of the tour was really only for guests of the GCH on a first visit, who've never seen Condor Flats.

But, obviously they do make exceptions for those who walk up and inquire.

In any case, I believe Condor Flats still opens 15 minutes earlier than the rest of DCA.

adriennek
06-01-2007, 08:48 PM
4. As others said, yes.

Actually, no - to clarify - If you dine at Whitewater, you can refill your cup during the meal. But they no longer sell the refillable cup that allows you to return at another time for a refill.

Adrienne