06-18-2002, 10:43 PM
Here's one of the new critters in Critter Country:
http://members.aol.com/mrisaacmartin/critter.jpg

MonorailMan
06-19-2002, 04:02 AM
Aww..... So Cute! :)

justagrrl
06-19-2002, 05:48 AM
What does Disney do about the kitties? Do they live together in harmony? :) Or are they trapped or something? :(

That wittle guy is weally weally a cutiepie. I wish we could have a kitty. (my dh is allergic)

Gemini Cricket
06-19-2002, 05:56 AM
So lifelike! Too bad they're gonna take him out and replace him with Tigger.
:D

mad4mky
06-19-2002, 07:30 AM
Ohh....so cute.

I've seen some around New Orleans Square one evening...but not any kittens. So cute.

Not Afraid
06-19-2002, 08:25 AM
Thanks, Isaac, for the great pic!

There are currently 3 litters of kittens in Critter Country. This little guy is one of 4 from the oldest litter. They're about 9 weeks old now. There are 3 marbled torties and an orange rascal.

The second litter consists of two, 7 week old babies. One is orange, the other is a gray tabby.

The smallest litter is just about 5 weeks old. They've been in hiding for the most part so its been hard to get a good ID on them. I know one is all black and is very cute (as I sit here with a purring black Buster on my lap:) )

Along with my swans, I always need to go see the kitties. I can spend hours there. I always suffer suffer Mosquito bites for my efforts, though. What we do for love.

Matterhorn Fan
06-19-2002, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
Along with my swans, I always need to go see the kitties. I can spend hours there. I always suffer sever Mosquito bites for my efforts, though. What we do for love. Yes, but at least crustaceans are less likely to get smushed in Critter Country. And I think the swans would like a little field trip like that. :D

Not Afraid
06-19-2002, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Matterhorn Fan
Yes, but at least crustaceans are less likely to get smushed in Critter Country.

Who knows what evil lurks in the Rivers of America!
:eek:

Ghoulish Delight
06-19-2002, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by justagrrl
What does Disney do about the kitties? Do they live together in harmony? :) Or are they trapped or something? :(

That wittle guy is weally weally a cutiepie. I wish we could have a kitty. (my dh is allergic) The kitties are allowed to roam free. They all seem to live out around the Hungry Bear. Disney doesn't mind. Probably helps control any rodent problems (though there's this one mouse that they just can seem to get rid of.... :p )

smd4
06-19-2002, 09:46 AM
I believe these feral cats are the offspring of a (successful) rat eradication program initiated in the late 50's.

Mad Madam Mim
06-19-2002, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by smd4
I believe these feral cats are the offspring of a (successful) rat eradication program initiated in the late 50's.

Hope they don't have to end up doing a cat eradication program.... LOL, what are they going to do if the place becomes run over with kitties?

TecTalker2K
06-19-2002, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Mad Madam Mim

Hope they don't have to end up doing a cat eradication program.... LOL, what are they going to do if the place becomes run over with kitties?

Well, being near NOS, they could become part of the daily special. Bread Bowl with Kitten Gumbo. Yum Yum.

Mad Madam Mim
06-19-2002, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by TecTalker2K

Well, being near NOS, they could become part of the daily special. Bread Bowl with Kitten Gumbo. Yum Yum.

How about they grind up the kitties to feed to the swans to fatten up for the night hering who will thin be too full to fly and while lazily perched on the ground can then be eaten by the resadent lobsters (minus one) who can then be served in the gumbo.......

I truly need therapy....:rolleyes:

stan4d_steph
06-19-2002, 01:06 PM
Such a sweet picture. Thanks. That's as close as I can get though. I'm really allergic to cats. :(

Matterhorn Fan
06-19-2002, 01:17 PM
How about they grind up the kitties to feed to the swans to fatten up for the night hering who will thin be too full to fly and while lazily perched on the ground can then be eaten by the resadent lobsters (minus one) who can then be served in the gumbo.......:D OK, so I knew about the Night Heron, but since when is there a Night Herring, and what differentiates it from a Daytime Herring? (I suppose the ability to fly has something to do with it?)

Mad Madam Mim
06-19-2002, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Matterhorn Fan
:D OK, so I knew about the Night Heron, but since when is there a Night Herring, and what differentiates it from a Daytime Herring? (I suppose the ability to fly has something to do with it?)

ummmmmmmm...........mutated bird fish............ :confused: Maybe:confused:

No....!?!:confused:

RStar
06-19-2002, 03:06 PM
Zappop-

Thanks for the laugh. I needed that. I NEVER expected that kind of critter. I think I may have seen it's parent over in the picnic area the morning of the Madscramble. Looked just like it (only bigger).:D

I have seen rats over at DCA, perhaps they should move some of the kitties over there. My daughter and I saw it cross the green bridge. Big one, too. I thought some kid might ask it for an autograph and picture, misstaking it for mickey.;)

P.S. Am I missing something? It sounds like there are lobsters in the Rivers of America the way you guys are talking!:D

Superty88
06-19-2002, 03:23 PM
omg!!!!!!!!! lol yesteday I found a cat in the outside queing area for Indy. It might have been the same cat but im not sure. lol that some funny stuff.

pixiepal
06-19-2002, 03:34 PM
Last time I was at the Park (April) I saw a dark coat cat stalking something in the pet cemetary at the HM...very cool in a creepy sort of way. They couldnt have staged that effect if they tried!

Ace
06-20-2002, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by pixiepal
Last time I was at the Park (April) I saw a dark coat cat stalking something in the pet cemetary at the HM...very cool in a creepy sort of way. They couldnt have staged that effect if they tried!

yeah they could, it's animatronic.

lilblckrncloud
06-20-2002, 06:37 PM
what are they going to do if the place becomes run over with kitties? I would pay extra to go to a park like that!

Thanks, for the super cute pic, zapppop. I don't use baby talk with children, but for some reason a tiny kitten like that can turn me into a widdle bittle baby talking mess. :D

tinkfreak
06-20-2002, 07:19 PM
Sometimes they sneak into the shops in Adventureland after closing (Most of the walls are just tarps, so they can slip right underneath). Very cute, but pretty scared of us humans...I've actually seen dishes of food left out for them backstage from time to time. I guess they take pity on the less successful mousers:)

HBTiggerFan
06-21-2002, 10:12 AM
awww look at the cwte litwle tiny kitty!!! awwwwwwwww!!!!! thanks zappop!!!!!!!!!!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahowcuttttttteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

I need to go hug mykitty now. achchoo

Dawnie
06-21-2002, 12:13 PM
Zappop,

Thanks for the pic. I was all ready for the latest cheesy Disney entertainer, when low and behold a sweet kitty-kitty.

While working at the Park in the mid-eighties I remember a few healthy looking Tabbies living around NOS. Very nice felines, although definately outside cats.

:)

d