PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plan and DVC members

jenjustinsmom
06-01-2007, 05:28 AM
Dh and I are thinking of a romantic getaway Sept 1-4th. We would use DVC points. Would we get free dining?

GusMan
06-01-2007, 05:43 AM
I dont think you can get free dining unless you are doing an actual (non-DVC) room/ticket "package." (Im sure someone will correct me if need be. :) ) However, I do believe you can still purchase the plan for your stay while staying on points.

yellowrosedtxn
06-01-2007, 07:07 AM
I can't answer the question, so I am just going to state my wish!

I wish they would do the dining plan if you stayed at Shades of Green. Oh well, maybe one of these days they will come up with some kind of dining plan for people staying at SOG.

LeslieM
06-01-2007, 07:12 AM
DVC members may purchase the Disney Dining Plan.

To take advantage of the Free Dining Offer, you must buy a Magic Your Way package within certain parameters, so you cannot get that offer by using DVC points.

jenjustinsmom
06-01-2007, 07:14 AM
Someone has hi jacked my trip countdown.

I did call and I can buy the plan. For 3 nights I don't think it is worth it.

GAN
06-01-2007, 09:44 AM
If you have an annual pass, or have plans to visit again within 12 months of this trip(making the AP worthwhile) -you can purchase the Disney Dining Experience card and save 20% on all food and beverages(including adult type). Definitely worth it if you plan on spending 10 or more days at Disney over the next year.

DVC Mike
06-08-2007, 07:49 AM
If you have an annual pass, or have plans to visit again within 12 months of this trip(making the AP worthwhile) -you can purchase the Disney Dining Experience card and save 20% on all food and beverages(including adult type). Definitely worth it if you plan on spending 10 or more days at Disney over the next year.

Since I plan on going to WDW at least 3 times a year, and we love to have dinner at table service restaurants, we buy the Annual Pass and add-on the Disney Dining Experience (DDE). It's a great deal.

The Disney Dining Plan (DDP) forces me to eat more than I want. I prefer DDE over DDP.

geoffa
06-13-2007, 04:42 AM
If you don't purchase the Dining Plan then consider that if you produce your DVC membership card at most dining places you will get discount (food only)as you will when shopping in the parks.

GusMan
06-13-2007, 05:43 AM
Just a side note to that... When I rented DVC points for one trip, my Key To The World card said "DVC member" on it. I got discounts because of that notation on the card as well. I was never asked for a membership card. Not sure if that was a fluke but it was a nice bonus.

DVC Mike
06-13-2007, 06:47 AM
If you don't purchase the Dining Plan then consider that if you produce your DVC membership card at most dining places you will get discount (food only)as you will when shopping in the parks.

I think most of the DVC discounts are around 10% and only apply for lunch.

GusMan
06-13-2007, 07:41 AM
I think most of the DVC discounts are around 10% and only apply for lunch.
Just for reference... mine was 10% and was applied during dinner at Cape May Cafe.

geoffa
06-14-2007, 08:15 AM
Discount is applied at lunch and dinner!

And just to add - DVC members get 10% off merchandise at all U K Disney Stores on production of membership card (This does not apply to US Disney Stores)

Mark Goldhaber
06-17-2007, 09:09 PM
And just to add - DVC members get 10% off merchandise at all U K Disney Stores on production of membership card (This does not apply to US Disney Stores)
Though it does apply at DisneyShopping.com

ericles
06-20-2007, 08:20 AM
Just a side note to that... When I rented DVC points for one trip, my Key To The World card said "DVC member" on it. I got discounts because of that notation on the card as well. I was never asked for a membership card. Not sure if that was a fluke but it was a nice bonus.

We've rented points from a DVC member, and our room keys said DVC Member on them, as well.

geoffa
06-20-2007, 10:50 AM
Given that they've tightened up on things it could be you need a membership number rather than just a phrase. Then again it may be not.

KJSJpipe
06-20-2007, 11:41 AM
When I went on a girls weekend last year our cards said DVC member because the girl who booked it used her points. Almost every where we used the member discount they asked to see the DVC card in addition to the room key. Although YMMV.

geoffa
06-22-2007, 03:31 AM
That's what I was thinking.

deanglin
06-29-2007, 09:31 AM
I am new to the DVC, I read that as a DVC member you can make you ADR @90 days. If you buy the DDP can you book @ 180 days?

GusMan
06-29-2007, 01:18 PM
You can make ADR's 180 days in advance, regardless if you use the dining plan or not, nor does it matter if you are a member of the DVC or not.