PDA

View Full Version : Screamin' on TV News?

merlinjones
06-18-2002, 08:31 PM
Earlier this evening, Channel 11 had brief footage on a plug for the late news of "scary" happennings at DCA - - footage showed people being walked down the tracks of the big California Screamin' hill. Anybody know what happened or see this report?

Ghoulish Delight
06-18-2002, 09:11 PM
I can find no reference to anything at DLR on Fox11's website or any Orange County news site anywhere.

merlinjones
06-18-2002, 09:23 PM
I just saw this report on the Fox 11 News at 10 (it was on around 10:20pm) - - A park visitor shot footage of people being walked down off of a stranded Screamin' train from a high beam. There was not much story here - - no one was hurt. But the footage looked dramatic and the publicity was just what DCA needed.... :rolleyes:

MickeyD
06-19-2002, 01:08 AM
Hmm, was that today (er, yesterday, the 18th)? We rode Screamin twice at around 2:30 and 7:30pm and there were no problems at those times. Odd.

coronamouseman
06-19-2002, 03:55 AM
So that's what all of the "woodwork" is there for - if CS breaks down it then it makes it easier to walk the guests off the ride ....

I've been to DCA 3 times over the past 18 or so months since it opened and CS was running only once ............. my kids now take a long look before heading to DCA and want go go only if CS is up .........

justagrrl
06-19-2002, 05:54 AM
Well....to counter that story...we've been to DCA probably 30 times since January and its only been down 1 time (albeit they were being walked down the large large hill after sitting for nearly 45 minutes, that I saw, facing right into the midday sun!).

heidiwhr
06-19-2002, 10:08 AM
We were at DCA June 3rd and CS broke down right as I was stepping into the train. They announced everyone had to be evacuated, and the CMs kept looking up at the guests stranded - again at the top of the large hill. This was the 5th time I have been at DCA, and the first that Screamin' broke down. Soarin', on the other hand, ALWAYS has at least one side down whenever I am there!

sydney
06-19-2002, 10:16 AM
I've been to dl/dca every week or so for the past year and although there have certainly been times when screamin's been down (101 they call it, right?), I've never been stuck on the coaster in the hundred or more times I've ridden. But... given it's frequent minor stops, if we're already over at dl, I'll stop by the information board at the hub or at guest relations and just ask if the coaster is running. they're always happy to call over and make sure-- and give us the current wait time-- before we make the trek.

mousey_girl
06-19-2002, 05:22 PM
Being stuck on the hill of Screamin would be a nightmare for me (and The Husband). About 10 yrs or so ago I became terrified of heights (mostly bridges). Even going to college football games became a bad scene for me. I can climb up anywhere, but going down throws off my balance. It was so bad at one point that I totally froze on the suspension bridge at TSI. It took my husband 10 mins to coax me off.