PDA

View Full Version : Pal Mickey

Pages : [1] 2

GinnyM
05-30-2007, 01:30 PM
We purchased a Pal Mickey at WDW. I'd like to see them at Disneyland.
Would anyone else?

minniemom
05-30-2007, 03:27 PM
We bought our daugther one for her birthday last year. It was fun at the park, but useless once we got home. Now it is at the bottom of her little brother's toy box. I wouldn't purchase one again, even if they came out with a Disneyland version.

GinnyM
05-30-2007, 03:44 PM
Thanks.

Goosegirl
05-30-2007, 05:23 PM
What is a Pal Mickey?

GinnyM
05-30-2007, 05:29 PM
Here is a link to Pal Mickey. It will explain it better than I could. You can purchase one in WDW. http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/special/specialindex?id=PalMickeyPage

Clotho
05-30-2007, 05:35 PM
I'd love to see him at DLR! We loved ours from WDW, and will be buying the new version when we go this Sept!

WinsomeWench
05-30-2007, 06:54 PM
Here is a link to Pal Mickey. It will explain it better than I could. You can purchase one in WDW. http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/special/specialindex?id=PalMickeyPage

We're taking our daughter for the first time in Sept. How much is Pal Mickey?

Goosegirl
05-30-2007, 06:57 PM
Looks cool! I think we would probably buy one for Disneyland if there were one.

Clotho
05-30-2007, 09:34 PM
$60 or $65, around there.

GinnyM
05-30-2007, 10:09 PM
I think we paid 65.00.

charpaul
05-31-2007, 12:10 PM
Pal Mickey almost is a whole day's admission price. AND they stop working and being interactive when you leave the park....

GinnyM
05-31-2007, 12:25 PM
Seems like everything is expensive these days. One can still have lots of fun with it at home. It plays games and when it's time to go back to WDW get it out and your children will be even more excited about the trip. I found this site for more stuff with Pal Mickey. http://www.palmickey.net

GinnyM
05-31-2007, 08:31 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pal_Mickey

OneDisneyCrazyGirl
05-31-2007, 09:06 PM
I think I would buy it. Mostly because my son is a trivia nerd and would love to answer those questions and play those games. He would do it over and over past the point of annoyance.:D I think we would get our money's worth.

SANDYMARIE
06-01-2007, 01:15 PM
That is cool! I want one. :D

TTFN

MrsGrumpy
06-01-2007, 02:13 PM
We purchased a Pal Mickey at WDW. I'd like to see them at Disneyland.
Would anyone else?

Yes, I would love to see Pal Mickey for use in Disneyland. We also bought him for our trip to WDW in '03-'04. We still have him...yes, expensive and a novelty...but he added a lot of fun to our trip!

Doodle Duck
06-01-2007, 03:25 PM
No kids to have for an excuse to buy one...so I'll buy one because I want to.
:-) But no rumors yet that they are on the horizon. (or are there?)

yenko427
06-01-2007, 06:28 PM
So if you buy one can you use him each time you go to WDW? I think he rocks!!!

adriennek
06-01-2007, 06:30 PM
No kids to have for an excuse to buy one...so I'll buy one because I want to.
:-) But no rumors yet that they are on the horizon. (or are there?)

If you pay me 60 bucks, Doodle, I'll come to the park with you and share trivia and remind you when it's time to go to a parade or show. :D

Ok, who am I kidding?

For you, I'll do it for 20.

Ok, maybe less but don't let anyone know how easy I am?

Adrienne

GinnyM
06-01-2007, 09:07 PM
So if you buy one can you use him each time you go to WDW? I think he rocks!!!

Yes, you can. We have three. I bought one for about 12.00 a couple of years ago. I think Mousesavers had a link to a Disney Outlet store in Orlando. I called the outlet and ordered one. Then when we were in WDW they had the 50th Anniversary addition so we got one of those. And on our last trip our daughter didn't bring hers so be picked up another.

Mitchwebb
06-01-2007, 09:33 PM
We also got the $12 older version from a discount store in Orlando. My daughter carried all around WDW and loved it. He would shake and laugh and tell you facts and jokes as you pass different locations. She now takes it to DL with her but it does not always come to the parks with us (thank goodness). It is really cute and I wish they worked at DL resort also .

GinnyM
06-01-2007, 09:37 PM
We also got the $12 older version from a discount store in Orlando. My daughter carried all around WDW and loved it. He would shake and laugh and tell you facts and jokes as you pass different locations. She now takes it to DL with her but it does not always come to the parks with us (thank goodness). It is really cute and I wish they worked at DL resort also .

Maybe someday they will get them for Disneyland. I will ask about them next time we are there.

WITron
06-04-2007, 05:02 AM
Last week there was an article on Jim Hills' web site about Pal Mickey and other technologies that WDI has tried to use in the park and why they have not fully succeeded.

DLyouth27
06-04-2007, 05:16 AM
Yes, you can. We have three. I bought one for about 12.00 a couple of years ago. I think Mousesavers had a link to a Disney Outlet store in Orlando. I called the outlet and ordered one. Then when we were in WDW they had the 50th Anniversary addition so we got one of those. And on our last trip our daughter didn't bring hers so be picked up another.

Would you happen to know if that number (and establishment) is still operational? I know it'd probably be much more expensive now, but I'd love to give that a try. I've never been to WDW and don't know when I'll ever be able to go, but I think that'd be a neat buy. Thanks for any info!

GinnyM
06-04-2007, 05:37 AM
Would you happen to know if that number (and establishment) is still operational? I know it'd probably be much more expensive now, but I'd love to give that a try. I've never been to WDW and don't know when I'll ever be able to go, but I think that'd be a neat buy. Thanks for any info!

I purchased the first Pal Mickey over 2 years ago. I no longer have the phone number but I will do a search for it later today if I find it I will post it at that time.