PDA

View Full Version : Different Annual Pass Upgrade Question [upgrade to SoCal Select]

Boo's Mommy
05-30-2007, 09:58 AM
Ok, this one is slightly different. As part of our package, we had to buy multi-day passes. We want to upgrade to an Annual Pass, but only want the So-Cal Select passes. since the our tickets cost more than the so cal select pass (yes, our zip code qualifies), do we get credit back or is it just an even exchange, or do they even allow that?

vicbella2
05-30-2007, 10:25 AM
I believe you can only upgrade a parkhopper to an AP that costs more than the value of your parkhopper. If you parkhoppers were less than $154, you could upgrade to a socal AP.

Burnt Toast
05-30-2007, 10:26 AM
You can only upgrade to something that costs more.

You can add APs to vacation packages, instead of a multi-day Park Hopper, but I believe it's only Deluxes and Premiums, as SoCal APs are only good for SoCal residents.

Boo's Mommy
05-30-2007, 11:28 AM
That sucks. AAA does not allow AP tickets as part of the package. So at this rate, it's less expensive to piecemeal the package!

Malcon10t
05-30-2007, 11:31 AM
That sucks. AAA does not allow AP tickets as part of the package. So at this rate, it's less expensive to piecemeal the package!
Weird, as I have done APs thru AAA, but PAP.

Drince88
05-30-2007, 11:32 AM
Can you get a fewer-day ticket through your package, such that it WOULD Be an upgrade to the pass you want?

Boo's Mommy
05-30-2007, 11:59 AM
Malcon10t, i think that may be the difference, I was always looking only for So Cal Select AP's - a different AAA agent said the other AP's were available.

Drince...I could, but aside from a few freebies like the lanyards and coupon book, there wasn't any real discount after all! the resort hotels gives the same room discount for AAA regardless of the package.

Hmmm, it may be simpler to go completely separate from tickets and rooms...i'm planning for a large group, multiple rooms, various needs, but all want to stay together.

ktrm
05-30-2007, 01:29 PM
So I got my ticket only Passport Plus Package with the 3 day hoppers in it which cost $159. I know I've asked this a million different ways but I've been burned before. It states that the ticket upgrade option to "include up to eight days of Theme Park Admission." This does not mean that I can't upgrade to a Deluxe Annual Pass does it? As long as I upgrade to something more expensive, it should be ok right? With the AAA tickets from Walt Disney Travel Company, I still go to the bank in DL, not Walt Disney Travel Company next to the Compass Book store to upgrade correct? Do I need to show them my AAA card to ensure the Deluxe Annual ticket only costs $239 so my cost is $80.($239-$159)

Malcon10t
05-30-2007, 03:42 PM
So I got my ticket only Passport Plus Package with the 3 day hoppers in it which cost $159. I know I've asked this a million different ways but I've been burned before. It states that the ticket upgrade option to "include up to eight days of Theme Park Admission." This does not mean that I can't upgrade to a Deluxe Annual Pass does it? As long as I upgrade to something more expensive, it should be ok right? With the AAA tickets from Walt Disney Travel Company, I still go to the bank in DL, not Walt Disney Travel Company next to the Compass Book store to upgrade correct? Do I need to show them my AAA card to ensure the Deluxe Annual ticket only costs $239 so my cost is $80.($239-$159)You can upgrade to a Deluxe. What that was trying to tell you was if you wanted to add a day, you can. (You need to do this at WDTC though and not at the front gate!!) If you upgrade to an AP, go to the bank, if you upgrade to a 5 or 8 day hopper, go to WDTC by Compass books.