PDA

View Full Version : Wine Tasting in DCA

ktrm
05-29-2007, 10:06 PM
Is the wine tasting in DCA at the Vineyard Room where it is part of the three course dinner/lunch? I noted that it was something like $67 per person. Is there a more economical wine tasting?

The Blue Parrot
05-30-2007, 01:32 AM
Try the Terrace Wine Tastings at the Golden Vine Winery.

I mentioned it in a story I did a while back on Jim Hill Media (http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/roger_colton/archive/2005/03/24/945.aspx)

At that time, there were three easy options for $10 per person. You could choose from 3 very different Syrahs or choose 3 tastes from the weekly 6 offerings or my favorite, 3 tastes of Sandeman Ports with 3 different Bleu Cheeses.

At one time, they also offered a tasting that was a bit more of a primer in wine tasting with comments by one of the staff. If memory serves, we tasted a chardonnay, a reisling and a cabernet. Don't know if they still do that.

But I would go for the Port and Bleu Cheese any day! That was outstanding.

Micki0624
05-30-2007, 03:31 PM
If you have time to walk to Napa Rose do some wine tasting there. Their wine list is very extensive and they have comfy chairs in a lounge area if your not eating there. If you use the hotel entrance to GCH then it is right around the corner from there.

adriennek
05-30-2007, 03:38 PM
How much does Napa Rose charge to just taste? They have the Vintner's Menu which is $75 with wine.

You don't say how far you're coming to get to DLR. If you're really interested in wine tasting, skip DLR and go to Temecula. The first few wineries off the freeway charge more than the wineries further away - eventually you'll get to the places that charge a buck to taste 4 to 6 wines and then you get the dollar back when/if you buy a bottle.

Adrienne

ETA: don't skip DLR ALL Together, but Temecula is only about a 60 to 75 minute drive from Anaheim. Well worth a day trip.

SoCalSteven
05-30-2007, 03:56 PM
Last time I checked, the Vinter's Menu was $75 without wine, it was $45 extra for the four wine pairings.

adriennek
05-30-2007, 04:25 PM
Last time I checked, the Vinter's Menu was $75 without wine, it was $45 extra for the four wine pairings.

oh, I was supposed to READ the details? ;) Thanks for fixing that :D

Adrienne

danyoung
05-31-2007, 05:19 AM
My favorite wine tasting is at the counter service location next to the Vineyard Room in DCA. OK, it's not really a tasting, just wine by the glass. The glasses are smallish, but still pretty decent. And the wine selection, while small, includes some very tasty options. It's really fun to get a glass and then just stroll around the San Francisco area, or sip while watching the Electrical Parade float by.