PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Hotel Towers?

Pages : [1] 2

Tinkermom21
05-29-2007, 09:05 PM
Hey All,

We are leaving in just a few days for DL and will be checking in early at DLH. This is our first time staying there, so I was wondering if anyone would like to offer advice on which tower to request. I've heard some people can see the fireworks from their room??? Thanks much :D

Nicolas'Mom
05-29-2007, 09:07 PM
Sierra Tower facing downtown disney or Pool view....:cool:

Tinkermom21
05-29-2007, 09:11 PM
Great, thanks! I've heard pool view is pretty incredible, but it was another $80 per night, so I declined. A view of Downtown disney would be awesome, not to mention the monorail is right there.

crrees
05-29-2007, 09:33 PM
I requested Sierra Tower and got a complementary upgrade to a queen bed room on the corner of te 6th floor facing the pool and the wedding gardens, amazing view. It was right over croc bites, i really enjoyed it!

Burnt Toast
05-29-2007, 10:18 PM
If you reserve "City Standard view", then request Marina Tower.

If you reserve "Pool/Resort view", then request Sierra Tower facing DTD. Be advised that "Pool/Resort view" is EITHER pool view or Resort view. There's no guarantee that you'll even be in the Sierra Tower or face DTD, since there's three sides of buildings facing the pool and only one side facing DTD.

Remember, since people can't seem to get the picture lately, that requests are just that... a request. If you want a particular view, reserve your room as such. Requests are not guaranteed and you shouldn't expect on getting an upgrade.

Pat-n-Eil
05-30-2007, 09:00 AM
A tall floor in the Marina tower gives you a great view of the Fireworks and the pools..

babytmakes5
05-30-2007, 11:14 AM
A few years ago we paid extra for a "park view" room at the DLH. But, because we checked in later in the day due to flight delay, we were told there were no park view rooms left. So, even if you pay the extra money it does not guarantee that they will give you a room with a good view. I'm glad you didn't pay the extra, so if you don't get a fantastic view at least you won't have to live with the idea that you paid for something you didn't get :mad: . When we stayed at the GCH last fall we checked in early in the morning, and despite the fact that we only paid for a standard view room, we were "upgraded" to a park view. Hope you get a great view and have a wonderful time at DLR!

Pat-n-Eil
05-30-2007, 11:45 AM
A few years ago we paid extra for a "park view" room at the DLH. But, because we checked in later in the day due to flight delay, we were told there were no park view rooms left. So, even if you pay the extra money it does not guarantee that they will give you a room with a good view. I'm glad you didn't pay the extra, so if you don't get a fantastic view at least you won't have to live with the idea that you paid for something you didn't get :mad: . When we stayed at the GCH last fall we checked in early in the morning, and despite the fact that we only paid for a standard view room, we were "upgraded" to a park view. Hope you get a great view and have a wonderful time at DLR!

Depends on the day.. last March (2006) I booked a standard view room and they ended up upgrading us to a top floor suite! It was awesome.

Next month we're going to the GCH. My folks have a theme park view but my party (2 rooms, 5 people) only has standard view reserved. I'm hoping I can ask for rooms near my folks who will have checked in the day before - and just maybe they'll upgrade us to theme park view. If not, maybe we can get rooms across the hall which should be standard view.

Tinkermom21
05-30-2007, 11:58 AM
I assumed since we booked a standard room, we'll get what we get and that's fine. When I booked it, I was told that if we arrive early in the day, we would have a better chance getting a request honored and be able to get in our room early. If not, at the very least they will hold our luggage while we're in the park until the room is available. We're going for my daughter's 5th birthday, so I suppose it's worth a shot to ask for an upgrade. The worst they can do is say "no". I can't wait!!!

Burnt Toast
05-30-2007, 12:00 PM

You cannot book a "Park View" room. It's "Resort/Pool View" and that goes for both room only reservations and vacation packages. It's either Resort OR Pool view, based on availability and your (and others in that room categories') length of stay. You can request one or the other, but again requests are not guaranteed and are based on availability. If you booked a "Resort/Pool View" room (since you can't reserve one or the other), since you didn't get a room facing the Resort, did you at least get a room facing the pool side? If so, you didn't pay any extra since you got exactly what your room category was supposed to get you... either a Resort or a Pool view.

If you booked with a travel agent and they told you that you'd get a "Park View", then you were told the wrong information by them.

SANDYMARIE
05-30-2007, 12:28 PM
Our favorite is the Sierra Tower, pool view. It's not as busy as the Marina Tower. :)

TTFN

GinnyM
05-30-2007, 12:38 PM
Has anyone stayed in the Bonita tower? I would like some information on which tower is the nicest. We stayed for the first time at the Disneyland Hotel in May. Our room was in the Marina tower on the third floor over looking the pool. Our room had a musty odor to it. But other than that it was nice. Which tower has the best rooms?

disneyshoes
05-30-2007, 01:43 PM
I made our reservations and asked for an upgraded view. I was asked if I wanted a pool view or a downtown disney view. I picked the downtown disney view for the fireworks. I was told it was guarenteed?! I hope so but I guess a pool view would not be bad either! I called today and they said if you were not given either one you would not be charged for the "view" room but at a standard rate. Again- they guarenteed that if I show up on my arrival day it is guarenteed- we will see!

GinnyM
05-30-2007, 03:11 PM
Hi My family and I stayed at the Disneyland Hotel, Marina Tower in May.
It was our first stay there. We plan to be back in July. Which Tower do you recommend and why? What's the Bonita Tower like?
Thanks!

babytmakes5
05-30-2007, 03:44 PM
You cannot book a "Park View" room. It's "Resort/Pool View" and that goes for both room only reservations and vacation packages. It's either Resort OR Pool view, based on availability and your (and others in that room categories') length of stay. You can request one or the other, but again requests are not guaranteed and are based on availability. If you booked a "Resort/Pool View" room (since you can't reserve one or the other), since you didn't get a room facing the Resort, did you at least get a room facing the pool side? If so, you didn't pay any extra since you got exactly what your room category was supposed to get you... either a Resort or a Pool view.

If you booked with a travel agent and they told you that you'd get a "Park View", then you were told the wrong information by them.

I did make a mistake in my wording of "park view," sorry 'bout that. We did, in fact, pay a premium rate (can't remember how much exactly), and were told by the rep at Disney Travel that we would have a view of the parks. She also told us that we would see the nightly fireworks from our room. When we checked in we were told that the rooms are first come, first serve, even if you pay a premium rate. The first room we were assigned gave us a view of the parking lot. We then had to speak with three different front desk people before they gave us a room in the Bonita Tower that overlooked the courtyard. So, no view of the pool either. If we hadn't paid a premium for the room type, we wouldn't have been bothered.

Roman Nation
05-30-2007, 04:01 PM
When I went we had this breakfast thing on the top floor, If you had a card that allowed you to be there you could watch the firworks from the top floor, then also had the music playing kinda loadish so it's like if you were in front of the castle.

Burnt Toast
05-30-2007, 05:51 PM
I did make a mistake in my wording of "park view," sorry 'bout that. We did, in fact, pay a premium rate (can't remember how much exactly), and were told by the rep at Disney Travel that we would have a view of the parks. She also told us that we would see the nightly fireworks from our room. When we checked in we were told that the rooms are first come, first serve, even if you pay a premium rate. The first room we were assigned gave us a view of the parking lot. We then had to speak with three different front desk people before they gave us a room in the Bonita Tower that overlooked the courtyard. So, no view of the pool either. If we hadn't paid a premium for the room type, we wouldn't have been bothered.

Bonita Tower, as long as it's above the 3rd floor, is still considered to be Pool view. I usually never called it that if it's a low level Bonita Tower room, I always called it "Waterfall View".

Burnt Toast
05-30-2007, 05:53 PM
When I went we had this breakfast thing on the top floor, If you had a card that allowed you to be there you could watch the firworks from the top floor, then also had the music playing kinda loadish so it's like if you were in front of the castle.

That's called Concierge and it's about $125 extra a night. It's considered to be an add-on now and with it you get a room on either Resort or Pool view side on the 10th and 11th floor of the Sierra Tower. The breakfast, wine and cheese reception, and fireworks showing is in the Concierge Lounge.

danyoung
05-31-2007, 05:17 AM
The worst view in the hotel is in the Bonita tower on the back side (standard view? parking lot view?). It's literally a view of a parking lot and some high rise hotels, with absolutely no hint that you're in a Disney hotel. Very bad!

Burnt Toast
05-31-2007, 07:11 AM
The worst view in the hotel is in the Bonita tower on the back side (standard view? parking lot view?). It's literally a view of a parking lot and some high rise hotels, with absolutely no hint that you're in a Disney hotel. Very bad!

It's also the quietest rooms on the DLH property with larger rooms then the other two towers. Most of the rooms on that side also have a view of Paradise Pier... which at night is pretty darn good looking.

Not to sound snarky, but if you reserve a "City Standard" view room (the cheapest room category you can book) then that's what you usually get. A view of the city. Especially being land-locked the way that the DLR is, and since the hotel is not a movable structure, not all rooms can be logistically placed.

GinnyM
05-31-2007, 07:14 AM
It's also the quietest rooms on the DLH property with larger rooms then the other two towers. Most of the rooms on that side also have a view of Paradise Pier... which at night is pretty darn good looking.

Sounds good to me. Thanks!

danyoung
05-31-2007, 09:52 AM
I'm thinking back, and I'm pretty sure that when I got a room in the Bonita Tower, it was before DCA. So a view of PP would actually be a pretty cool thing. Thanks for the clarification.

tinker3
05-31-2007, 01:10 PM
We stayed in the Sierra tower in Feb. with a DTD view and the room and view were great! However, it can be very loud and noisy (DTD). On the nights that DL closed early we went back to the room to get a good nights rest and little did we know the music in DTD goes until 11 p.m. (i think). It was a steel drum band that sounded like they were in the room with us ;) .

Have a fun trip.

GinnyM
05-31-2007, 01:14 PM
I had that problem when we stayed at GC. We had a DTD view on a Saturday night. It was very loud until after midnight.

Burnt Toast
05-31-2007, 10:36 PM
... and THAT'S the downside of getting a room on the Downtown Disney side at the DLH and DGCH.