PDA

View Full Version : I want to beat the traffic and Disneyland parking question

jackaroosmom
05-29-2007, 06:09 PM
Hi. I want to beat the morning traffic- I can take either the 2 to the 5 south or the 210 to the 57.

Now, I usually wait it out and leave around 10 am. This week, I really want to be at dl when the park opens and leave before it gets too hot.

DL opens at 9 am this week. Does that mean that the parking lot is open earlier? Does Early Entry (no I don't have it) affect when the parking lot opens and when they let you in before the rope drop?

I'm worried that I will leave my house at 6:30 and get there only to have to wait for a long time! I don't mind hanging out in Downtown Disney, I just want to be parked and ready to roll. Help!:)

Koala Gurl
05-29-2007, 08:25 PM
Well, the 210 to the 57 took me an hour & a half from Valencia at about 8am.

The 210 will be pretty smooth, but I don't know about the 57 (esp. by the 60 interchange...that is where we spent a lot of time.)

I don't know how the 5 is south of downtown that time in the AM.

jackaroosmom
05-29-2007, 09:41 PM
That's what I am wondering...the traffic on the 5 fwy probably starts pretty early near downtown. I have never had to do a big freeway work commute so I am clueless. Anyone know?

Koala Gurl
05-29-2007, 09:48 PM
Even once you get through downtown, there are still areas that slow down south of DT.

I am trying to recall my days commuting to Irvine...I think it used to take me about 2 hours if I left around 6?? I am guessing about 90 minutes is a decent guess (though, 2 hours may be a safe bet if you definitely want to be early.) That of course assumes there are no accidents along the way. (Oh, and I am figuring from the Santa Clarita Valley...not sure where you are coming from though!)

Hopefully someone with more concrete info will chime in. :)

jdee
05-30-2007, 05:27 AM
The parking structure and entry to main street will be before 9. I don't think the people that have EE add a lot to the parking because most are guest at the hotels, if I understand it right. You should try to get to the DL entry gates by 8 to 8:30 to be on main street to see the rope drop at 9. Sorry can't help with the comute.

jackaroosmom
05-30-2007, 05:43 AM
Well, it's after 6:30 and I am just going to leave as soon as I am ready and take the 210/57. I have a strong feeling that the 5 is not the way to go and I know that I have more carpool lanes with the other route. Wish me luck!

And, if anyone else wants to pipe in about the traffic patterns on the 5, please let me know for future reference! Thanks!:D

Tisha
05-30-2007, 06:32 AM
For future reference, if you are still undecided right before you go a good tool is sigalert.com. It'll show you the speed of traffic at different points along the freeways as well as any accidents or unusual things that could clog things up.

Koala Gurl
05-30-2007, 06:55 AM
Have fun!