PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Questions

squirrel44
05-29-2007, 05:41 PM
I was wondering what kind of milk is served (ie 1%, 2%, Homo) at the fast service in the DLR? Also I read a post about a prezel with cheese, is it real cheese or is it processed?

Thanks

VegasMike21
05-29-2007, 05:54 PM
I was wondering what kind of milk is served (ie 1%, 2%, Homo) at the fast service in the DLR? Also I read a post about a prezel with cheese, is it real cheese or is it processed?

Thanks

I believe the milk/chocolate milk is a lowfat milk probably 2% milk. They might however have regular milk available. About the cheese I don't know, it's a sauce so it's probably processed.

River Belle
05-29-2007, 06:23 PM
I also believe the milk is 2%. The cheese sauce is almost certainly processed--though there is also a pretzel that is stuffed with cream cheese, and that seems to be the real thing as far as I can tell.

Malcon10t
05-29-2007, 07:09 PM
I was wondering what kind of milk is served (ie 1%, 2%, Homo) at the fast service in the DLR?
Most of the milk is 2%. You can find whole milk at the Blue Ribbon and I think the Village Haus.

squirrel44
05-29-2007, 09:15 PM
Thanks for your help!

I'm glad it's not Homo. I remember my trip with my parents when I was younger and that is all they had (might have just been at Universal). Which was hard for me as I still only drink Skim and have 1% on my cereal.

As for the cheese I will have to skip the cheese pretzel then. Any other processed cheese I should be aware of?

honeymoon @disney
06-01-2007, 12:57 PM
I thought it was better to add than start a new thread. Anyways, does anyone know about whether they use butter on sandwiches, etc? Mayo is fine, but I hope butter isn't on everything.

Malcon10t
06-01-2007, 01:42 PM
I thought it was better to add than start a new thread. Anyways, does anyone know about whether they use butter on sandwiches, etc? Mayo is fine, but I hope butter isn't on everything.Why would they put butter on sandwiches? :confused: They dont even put mayo, just give you packets to add yourself.

honeymoon @disney
06-04-2007, 02:32 PM
No butter? Well, that's great because I hate it. Maybe its a Canadian thing, but anytime I order a sandwich where I live, it needs to be specially made without butter. People even act like its a huge inconvenience, the idea of a sandwich without butter!

squirrel44
06-04-2007, 07:01 PM
Still waiting on word about Processed Cheese! Is it on the nachos? What else has processed cheese? I'm sure there is some at the DLR.

missm
06-04-2007, 07:57 PM
I thought it was better to add than start a new thread. Anyways, does anyone know about whether they use butter on sandwiches, etc? Mayo is fine, but I hope butter isn't on everything.

No butter on anything down in California that I can think of. I remember as a kid (20 years ago) restaurants up here NW Washington used to always put butter on the sandwiches before the mayo. I'm glad they stopped that.

One thing I love about SoCal is that their Starbucks down there use 2% milk automatically. Up here they use whole milk unless specified.

VickiC
06-04-2007, 09:31 PM
FYI If you ask for homo milk in the US you are going to get some very odd looks. Here milk is refered to as Whole, 2% or reduced fat, 1% or low fat and skim or fat-free. 2% is the standard that is served in most restaurants unless you ask for something different.

Malcon10t
06-04-2007, 09:32 PM
FYI If you ask for homo milk in the US you are going to get some very odd looks. Here milk is refered to as Whole, 2% or reduced fat, 1% or low fat and skim or fat-free. 2% is the standard that is served in most restaurants unless you ask for something different.ROTFL! I was thinking the same thing.

Malcon10t
06-04-2007, 09:34 PM
Still waiting on word about Processed Cheese! Is it on the nachos? What else has processed cheese? I'm sure there is some at the DLR.
The cheese for dipping pretzels is processed as is any nacho cheese and any cheese on hamburgers.

squirrel44
06-13-2007, 07:11 PM
Can anyone tell me if the chicken strips are mechanically seperated chicken? I'm guessing the kid's meal ones are, but what about adult meals?

Also wondering about processed cheese. I don't like it and want to avoid ordering something with it. Anyone know what has processed cheese?

Thanks for any information!

hlbtimes2
06-13-2007, 07:35 PM
What the heck is "mechanically seperated chicken"? Do you mean like chicken nuggets that are peices / parts that are pressed together and shaped?

The only chicken strips we had were at the stage door. IIRC, it was real pieces of chicken, coated and deep fried.

Seems like most of the burgers come with cheddar. The cheese on the chili in a bread bowl was real cheese. I would probably stay away from the mac and cheese.

John
06-13-2007, 08:05 PM
What the heck is "mechanically seperated chicken"?

Brings to mind an image of an axe, bloody tree stump and headless body running around :D

DrAlice
06-14-2007, 10:36 AM
What the heck is "mechanically seperated chicken"?

According to Wikipedia, mechanically separated meat is "produced by forcing beef, pork or chicken bones, with attached edible meat, under high pressure through a sieve or similar device to separate the bone from the edible meat tissue." Yummy.... :)

The concern of modern days is that there is a chance that some of the meat may be contaminated with nervous tissue from the spinal cord (This is a potential source of BSE - aka "Mad Cow Disease"). However, there are pretty strong meat inspection standards in this country, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Here's the wiki article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechanically_separated_meat

-A

Malcon10t
06-14-2007, 10:48 AM
Can anyone tell me if the chicken strips are mechanically seperated chicken? I'm guessing the kid's meal ones are, but what about adult meals?

Also wondering about processed cheese. I don't like it and want to avoid ordering something with it. Anyone know what has processed cheese?

Thanks for any information!Cheese on the hamburgers is american, so avoid. The cheese in mac and cheese is processed, so avoid it. As far as the mechanically separated chicken, it probably is.

DianeM
06-14-2007, 11:17 AM
Actually, we aren't testing for BSE at all in the U.S. In fact, many countries do not allow U.S. beef to be imported due to our lax oversite. Only cattle that exhibit signs of mad cow (like dropping dead, or at least falling over) were tested, and ranchers are banned from routinely testing cattle that do not actually show signs of mad cow disease. That said, BSE doesn't effect chickens. There may be a minimal risk of contamination of chicken by BSE, but I'm unaware of any danger to health from properly cooked chicken meat.

The concern of modern days is that there is a chance that some of the meat may be contaminated with nervous tissue from the spinal cord (This is a potential source of BSE - aka "Mad Cow Disease"). However, there are pretty strong meat inspection standards in this country, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Here's the wiki article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechanically_separated_meat

-A

ktrm
06-14-2007, 12:04 PM
The cheese for dipping pretzels is processed as is any nacho cheese and any cheese on hamburgers.

Just my opinion....but I bought the mickey pretzel with cheese dipping sauce at the refreshment corner for $3.25. Gummy pretzel....yucky, flavorless cheese sauce. One of the worst purchases of the trip.

geoffa
06-14-2007, 12:19 PM
In Europe it's known as "mechanically recovered" and it invloves a lot of high pressure hoses and abbatoir floors! I would hope that Disney wouldn't inflict any product of that sort on its guests. As for cheese, most of it will be processed - it keeps longer. As for milk we have whole milk, semi skimmed and skimmed in the UK.