PDA

View Full Version : Blue Bayou Priority Seating Reservations Questions

Pages : [1] 2

kares 17
05-29-2007, 02:17 PM
How far in advance can you make your reservations. I can't remember...is it 30 days?? I thought I read somewhere that you could reserve as early as 60 or 90 days??

Also, When making my reservation should I request a seat by the water at that time or when I show up? I've ate there three times, but I'm always seated in the back. So, I thought I'd see what other people have done to grab those seats.

Thanks so much! I'm getting so excited to leave!!! :D

Malcon10t
05-29-2007, 02:21 PM
How far in advance can you make your reservations. I can't remember...is it 30 days?? I thought I read somewhere that you could reserve as early as 60 or 90 days??

Also, When making my reservation should I request a seat by the water at that time or when I show up? I've ate there three times, but I'm always seated in the back. So, I thought I'd see what other people have done to grab those seats.

Thanks so much! I'm getting so excited to leave!!! :D60 days. To get a waterside table, ask for it when you check in and be willing to wait. If you get the first reservations of the day, show up about 20 minutes early so you can be among the first to check in.

silence
05-29-2007, 02:35 PM
each time we have eaten there we ask for the earliest lunch reservation. we are then there for check in right when it "opens" which I believe is 11:15. we always show up at 11:00 and have to wait. anyways, we have always gotten a water side table doing this.

good luck.

oh, plus, once i made my reservation the week before without problems, though, i don't recommend waiting that long.

disneyshoes
05-29-2007, 02:40 PM
When I made my reservation by phone I was told I could ask for and reserve water side then and they would mark it on my reservation.

kares 17
05-29-2007, 03:16 PM
I made my reservations YAHOO! Luckily it's only for two people, but it's for the 4th of July...so I was worried I wouldn't get in!!

I didn't ask for a water table with the reservationist, but I will definitely inquire when I check in. Either way....this is going to help contribute to the best 4th of July EVER!!!

disneyshoes
05-29-2007, 03:34 PM
I made my reservations YAHOO! Luckily it's only for two people, but it's for the 4th of July...so I was worried I wouldn't get in!!

I didn't ask for a water table with the reservationist, but I will definitely inquire when I check in. Either way....this is going to help contribute to the best 4th of July EVER!!!

Yea! That is exactly the day we have our reservations! Maybe we will see you there:)

DizMe
05-29-2007, 06:11 PM
We always just show up 15 minutes ahead of our reservation time and request a water-side table. We rarely have to wait more than a few minutes--in other words, we're almost always seated before our actual reservation time.

TiggerRPh
05-29-2007, 06:47 PM
We've eaten there twice and gotten a water-side table once. Didn't ask for it either time.

kares 17
05-30-2007, 08:38 AM
LOVEDISNEY, What time is your reservation for?

I took the advice of a previous poster and made my reservation a half hour before the time I wanted to eat...so it's for 4:30pm.

Enough time to eat and play before Fantasmic and the Fireworks show!! ;)

disneyshoes
05-30-2007, 08:55 AM
LOVEDISNEY, What time is your reservation for?

I took the advice of a previous poster and made my reservation a half hour before the time I wanted to eat...so it's for 4:30pm.

Enough time to eat and play before Fantasmic and the Fireworks show!! ;)

We made the reservation for 5:30 but after all the advice plan on checking in early! We have a party of 7 and we really are hoping for waterside for my son's birthday dinner :)

kares 17
05-30-2007, 09:00 AM
Good Luck!! I will probably see you then!! Let's keep our fingers crossed that we're both lucky enough to get waterside tables!!

SANDYMARIE
05-30-2007, 12:25 PM
My kingdom for a Monte Cristo! Yum, yum, yum! :) :D :) :D

TTFN

naccrat325
05-30-2007, 12:45 PM
We just ate there a week ago with our party of 6 (3 adults and 3 children) and it was for 11:30 a.m. and got there 10 minutes early and asked for waterside table. We waited maybe 5 minutes and were seated right away. My only complaint would be that some of the boats going by on the POC ride were just plain obnoxious. Some were heckling us and yelling over at us to get our attention and all we wanted to do was enjoy a peaceful meal. Kind of obnoxious. My sis-in-law said she felt kinda funny because all the people in the boats just stared at all of us eating at the Blue Bayou and of course we were staring back. Maybe just don't sit right smack in the middle of the waterside edge tables....

disneyshoes
05-30-2007, 01:29 PM
I never thought about that- you are on display:)

mkraemer
05-30-2007, 01:47 PM
We made the reservation for 5:30 but after all the advice plan on checking in early! We have a party of 7 and we really are hoping for waterside for my son's birthday dinner :)

We've had reservations for 6 or 8 people, gotten there early,*always* asked for a waterside table (and offered to wait for it), and have never gotten it...we've always been told that our party was too big for that.

Hope your luck is better, as it was for a different poster.

mkraemer
05-30-2007, 01:48 PM
My kingdom for a Monte Cristo! Yum, yum, yum! :) :D :) :D

TTFN

You can also get them at the French Market, I think.

SANDYMARIE
05-30-2007, 01:57 PM
I think I also heard that you can get them somewhere outside. A to-go kinda thing. Have you heard of this?

Thanks

Chadsgal
05-30-2007, 02:03 PM
To go to the Blue Bayou or not???? I love the atmosphere but my DH isn't fond of the food. I think I may have to just for the atmosphere. I tried to req water side last time 60days in advance and once we got there they told us we had to wait if we wanted to try for water side. Then we didn't have another table infront of us but a big wood like station for the waiters so it totally blocked our view. :crying: I want to try again for a water side table!!

Sandy,

The French Market is where they sell them outside I think too. (as well as the poster above you, so hopefully we are right!)

SANDYMARIE
05-30-2007, 02:35 PM
To go to the Blue Bayou or not???? I love the atmosphere but my DH isn't fond of the food. I think I may have to just for the atmosphere. I tried to req water side last time 60days in advance and once we got there they told us we had to wait if we wanted to try for water side. Then we didn't have another table infront of us but a big wood like station for the waiters so it totally blocked our view. :crying: I want to try again for a water side table!!

Sandy,

The French Market is where they sell them outside I think too. (as well as the poster above you, so hopefully we are right!)

You could just go for the dessert! I need my Monte! :D

bloodnswash
05-30-2007, 02:40 PM
You could just go for the dessert! I need my Monte! :D

Our last 2 trips to the BB has been just for dessert :)

SANDYMARIE
05-30-2007, 02:45 PM

Sandy,

Crystal,

That must of been you that told me that! LOL!!

Malcon10t
05-30-2007, 03:37 PM
I think I also heard that you can get them somewhere outside. A to-go kinda thing. Have you heard of this?

ThanksNo, the only other place is Cafe Orleans, and not "To go". We have tried to find them to go and was told they do not do this.

Malcon10t
05-30-2007, 03:39 PM
The French Market is where they sell them outside I think too. (as well as the poster above you, so hopefully we are right!)French Market doesn't offer them. Only places are Blue Bayou and Cafe Orleans.

Chadsgal
05-30-2007, 04:40 PM
Our last 2 trips to the BB has been just for dessert :)

What do they have for dessert? I am allergic to dairy :crying: it has made my dessert options very limited.

Chadsgal
05-30-2007, 04:46 PM
OK So I was looking at the menu online & I was wondering what Bayou potatoes are? Are they mash or just like diced potatoes? I was looking at the desserts at lunch time and the The Flying Dutchman Cookie Boat sounds really good Unfortunatly I would have to ask for it w/o ice cream