PDA

View Full Version : Beach Boys - Ticket Info

Gymgirl975
06-18-2002, 06:02 PM
First of all, this is my first post here at Mouse Planet! I've lurked here for awhile, and have really enjoyed reading your posts! That said, we will be at the Disneyland Resort from July 7-13. We had planned to go to the park on Monday the 8th, Tuesday the 9th, on Wednesday go to Universal, then go back to DL on Thursday and Friday. We are staying at the P.P. Hotel and bought the 4 day Park Hopper online for the child's price of $111. Okay, now I just saw that the Beach Boys are performing on Saturday, the 11. I want to see them! I had thought about upgrading to an AP and possibly going back to Disneyland during our Spring Break (second week in March). Can I do that since we bought our tickets discounted? Also, would that Saturday (the 13th) be a blackout day? And lastly, if we can't upgrade to an AP, is it possible to upgrade to a five day park hopper? If so, how much would that be? Thank you SO much!

JeffG
06-18-2002, 06:14 PM
You should be able to upgrade to an annual pass for the difference in price between what you paid for your tickets and the purchase price of the annual pass. The fact that the tickets were discounted shouldn't matter, but obviously only the discounted price will be credited towards the purchase of the AP.

Saturday, July 13th is a black-out date for all but the premium annual passes (which don't have any black-out dates). If you did upgrade to one of the passes that is blacked-out, I think you can still buy a ticket on the black-out date for $25-30. If you go that route, do make sure that the difference in the upgrade price for the pass you want to get and the upgrade price for the premium AP is higher than the price of the black-out day ticket.

Finally, as far as I know there is no such thing as a 5-day park hopper ticket. Since you are staying at one of the Disney hotels, though, you might try calling the reservation line and see if they have any packages available that would accommodate your needs. They might offer some ticket combinations to hotel guests that aren't otherwise available.

-Jeff

Gymgirl975
06-18-2002, 06:44 PM
Okay, thank you very much. One more question. If we do the upgrade on the first day, do we lose the other three days of the four day passport? Just meaning, there is no way that that Sunday (a blackout day) could count as one of the 4 day passport days since we are also going Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday right? I wouldn't think so, but the last few times I've been they've been very accomadating, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. Thanks again for your response.

JeffG
06-19-2002, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Gymgirl975
Okay, thank you very much. One more question. If we do the upgrade on the first day, do we lose the other three days of the four day passport?

When you upgrade to an annual pass, they don't return the old passport to you. That means that any days that were remaining on the ticket are essentially rolled into the annual passport.

I'm not positive if they ever closed this loophole, but at least at one time when you would upgrade to an AP on the last day of a multi-day ticket, they set the expiration date of the AP to one-year from the current date rather than to one year from the date you first used your ticket. This essentially meant that you got the previous days on the multi-day ticket for free.

-Jeff

Berry Princess
06-20-2002, 12:43 PM
We had planned to go to the park on Monday the 8th, Tuesday the 9th, on Wednesday go to Universal, then go back to DL on Thursday and Friday

Why not do something else on Thursday or Friday? Then you would have that extra day left on your tickets. Did you think about going to Knott's Berry Farm? That is if you can afford to do another park. If not there are other things to do. Beachs, malls, etc.. Or spend the day resting around the pool or something. Just some ideas. If you do want to upgrade to an AP you will have to do it the last day or sometime before the last day of your park hopper tickets. And as was suggested already, try calling the hotel to see what they have for packages. They should have something.

disneyscott
06-20-2002, 03:17 PM
i cant find any info that the beach boys are comming does anyone have a web site that i can goto or a phone number so i can get more info

Dave Z
06-20-2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by disneyscott
i cant find any info that the beach boys are comming does anyone have a web site that i can goto or a phone number so i can get more info

go here (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&forumid=37) for a couple of articles about the Beach Boys and the Summer program.

JeffG
06-20-2002, 04:55 PM
I see on the Disneyland website that the shows are listed now, but they don't identify the specific performers. It is just listed as "Disney's Rockin' the Bay Summer Music Series".

The show times will be at 3:30pm and 5:45pm. They will also be expanding DCA's hours to 10am-10pm starting on 7/4.

-Jeff