PDA

View Full Version : Are the Teacups Back to Normal?

alanjoyce
05-28-2007, 10:13 PM
Alright, so I missed the whole "don't post in old threads, create new ones with links to them" rule (sorry!), but now I'm here to make up for it.

Here's the old thread: http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=24538

Summary: Somebody falls off teacups, teacup rotation is slowed down, people complain, might be the government's fault, press is contacted, government is contacted, it's not the government's fault, it's gotta be Disney's fault, LA Times/People Magazine/etc. pick up the story, the movie Animal House is discussed, Disney continues to be contacted, discussion appears to end.

Now, does anybody know if this situation was resolved? From what I can see based on posts here, the issue was more or less dropped and nothing more was done about it. I am curious to know if the efforts of so many people came to any fruition.

Stupid_American
05-29-2007, 05:41 AM
Although I haven't tried them lately, watching them leads me to believe they are still sissified.

bloodnswash
05-29-2007, 10:13 AM
I was just on the tea cups a couple of weeks ago (I do this ride each visit....2 to 4 times a year). I don't know if it's true or not, but the tea cups seemed faster then they did from the time that Disneyland slowed them down. However, they still are not as fast as they were before all the hoopla happened. Yeah, lol, still "sissified". :)

charpaul
05-29-2007, 12:59 PM
I doubt that they will ever be THAT fast again!!

BUT - they are faster now than when the original gearing was installed that locks them into place at the end of your ride....

So you can once again try to "whirl till you hurl!!":eek:

ILoveDisneyMagic
05-29-2007, 01:27 PM
I don't know anything about ride mechanism adjustments, but I do know when we were there in Feb. DH spun the cup so fast DD's purse went flying out.:eek:

Fortunately I was in another cup:)

The Red Head
05-29-2007, 01:35 PM
I haven't been on them since they slowed them down. I figured, what's the point. So they may have changed things. I will have to check it out next time I am there.