PDA

View Full Version : Movies that deserve rides...

Pages : [1] 2 3

bigrockstar
05-28-2007, 09:20 PM
If you could envision a ride that does not currently exist in either DLR or DCA themed after an aspect of a (perhaps otherwise neglected) Disney movie, what would it be? What would the ride mechanics be like? Ride vehicles? Any surprizes?
For instance: I always thought it would be really cool to have a rollercoaster modeled after the "tree surfing" that Tarzan does. Maybe it could be one of those neat dangle-your-feet-from-your-chair ski-lift style coasters... Gorillas and other jungle animatronics could appear throughout the ride. Perhaps you might be chased by a leapord! :D

The Incredibles needs an Incredible ride... any ideas?

jcruise86
05-28-2007, 09:29 PM
If you could envision a ride that does not currently exist in either DLR or DCA themed after an aspect of a (perhaps otherwise neglected) Disney movie, what would it be? What would the ride mechanics be like? Ride vehicles? Any surprizes?Pulp Fiction (MiraMax). Actually a few different rides that cross paths.
Ride vehicles: black.
Surprises: Travolta gets. . .[don't want to ruin it]. . .by Bruce Willis.

Actually I'd rather go on an Incredibles ride. It should incorporate film and include as much Edna as possible.

Also: although I really like the big "Aladdin" show in DCA, I would like a shortened version of Broadway's "The Lion King" to replace it for three years, followed by Mary Poppins.

Goosegirl
05-28-2007, 10:08 PM
I have thought for years that the "Door" scene from Monster's Inc. would make a great ride. But I was disappointed with the actual Monster's Inc. ride when it opened because it was so NOT like I was wanting it to be. I think the Incredibles would make a fun ride too.

r-we-there-yet
05-28-2007, 10:11 PM
I saw a simulation on here once for a Mermaid ride. I think it would have been a neat addition IMHO.

Bytebear
05-28-2007, 10:46 PM
How about a swamp boat race patterened from The Rescuers?

VegasMike21
05-29-2007, 06:32 AM
I like this idea of a Pocahontas/John Smith boat ride adventure with some dips similar to Splash Mountain. I think that would be neat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwvCPnj0bnc&mode=related&search=

Tinkermommy
05-29-2007, 07:24 AM
Tron!!

geoffa
05-29-2007, 07:30 AM
Atlantis. A much maligned and under-rated film. It could be like DLR Tokyo's "Journey to the Centre of the Earth" but of course you'd come out in Atlantis. Milo would be the pilot and the other characters would feature along the way. Disney needs some serious coasters for the thrill seekers amongst us - A crazy ride with twists and turns and I think Atlantis's earth boring machine would lend itself superbly to this.
Can I say I totally agree with the comment about the doors sequence in Monsters Inc. What an opportunity to create a thrill ride - and what did they produce? Yet another "dark ride" with all the humph of a wet weekend. The doors in that move at the pace of a snail.
If you bought the Little Mermaid recently it came with an extra - a virtual L M ride which could be built. It's complete with all the lighting and music and you can take a rider's view. I'm sure smaller kids would really have liked it.

Niwel
05-29-2007, 07:43 AM
Two words: Mary Poppins
'nuff said.

mistofviolets
05-29-2007, 08:34 AM
Er, how about Escape to witch mountain? The van scene...with the upside down helicopter...surely that could come out cute.

I think 101 dalmations could be fun too :)

I love the little mermaid ride plan. I think they could do a princess rides thing, with 3 levels...Ariel, pocahontas, jasmine (flying carpet) or something. The levels could dip into one another at times. It could be interesting :)

Happygirl78us
05-29-2007, 08:43 AM
I think a princess ride would be cute

What about a playhouse disney adventure??

bigrockstar
05-29-2007, 09:03 AM
Tron!!

LOL! didn't they have the people movers ride through a room that was inspired by Tron? May just have been my imagination...

Bella de Ville
05-29-2007, 10:33 AM
ALADDIN!! doesnt wdw have an aladdin ride though :crying: no fair!

wabby1
05-29-2007, 10:44 AM
I always thought the mine ride portrayed in "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" would be an excellent ride....although the current Indiana Jones attraction at Disneyland is awesome.

charpaul
05-29-2007, 02:24 PM
BedKnobs and BroomSticks!!

Ride vehicle - a flying bed "of course" - suspened from the ceiling and with a "motion" feel similar to Soarn'

take a journey to the Isle of Naboomboo - land in the lagoon - bobbing along the bottom of the "Beautiful Briney Sea" - take in a soccer match -
visit Portabello road - journey back to England and view the ghostly battle on the hill....

you are suspended in front of an "imax" type screen as well as OVER an "imax" screen - that will really immerse you in the whole experience. Along with other sensory cues (water mist - fog - sound - moving air - scents) as you move through 4 or five different "parts" of the ride that rotate through a show building (think carrousel of progress) with your flying bed...

It Might Work!!

petesimac
05-29-2007, 03:37 PM
Two words: Mary Poppins
'nuff said.

x10! How is it possible that they can have the movie and now the play, but no rides based on the best movie Disney ever did? They could fill a whole section of the park!

DianeM
05-29-2007, 04:13 PM
I second this. They could have made a really cool dark ride out of the door scene - or even a roller coaster. They really missed the boat with this. Even the Winnie the Pooh ride is more interesting than what they did with Monster's Inc, which is saying something, since I doubt that anybody over the age of 5 really likes that ride.

I have thought for years that the "Door" scene from Monster's Inc. would make a great ride. But I was disappointed with the actual Monster's Inc. ride when it opened because it was so NOT like I was wanting it to be. I think the Incredibles would make a fun ride too.

Bytebear
05-29-2007, 04:35 PM
I always thought the mine ride portrayed in "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" would be an excellent ride....although the current Indiana Jones attraction at Disneyland is awesome.

See Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaVIBQEdzYw&mode=related&search=) at Disneyland Paris

jcruise86
05-29-2007, 04:48 PM
See Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaVIBQEdzYw&mode=related&search=) at Disneyland Paris
Indiana Jones ride in Paris: not THAT exciting, yet really unpleasant.

Comments on other preceding posts:
Pocohontas and Escape from Witch Mtn. aren't popular enough to merit attractions.

I think there were two Tron movie rooms on the People Mover and they were cool. I'd like to see them improved on a re-opened PM--though scenes from The Incredibles could be even cooler--in fact the PM could be replaced by the island vehicles from The Incredibles--though I'd prefer the good ol' People Mover.

"Mary Poppins" and "'Nuff said" are words that just don't go together! (In my opinion. :) )

CharmingsWoman
05-29-2007, 04:57 PM
BedKnobs and BroomSticks!!

Ride vehicle - a flying bed "of course" - suspened from the ceiling and with a "motion" feel similar to Soarn'

take a journey to the Isle of Naboomboo - land in the lagoon - bobbing along the bottom of the "Beautiful Briney Sea" - take in a soccer match -
visit Portabello road - journey back to England and view the ghostly battle on the hill....

you are suspended in front of an "imax" type screen as well as OVER an "imax" screen - that will really immerse you in the whole experience. Along with other sensory cues (water mist - fog - sound - moving air - scents) as you move through 4 or five different "parts" of the ride that rotate through a show building (think carrousel of progress) with your flying bed...

It Might Work!!

it totally would! One of my favorites...but where would you put it?

ubaisore
05-29-2007, 05:16 PM
OK, I know it isnt a ride and it isnt a movie, but DCA should get a Bueno nacho (Kim Possible).... seems like such a perfect idea...

futurecm21
05-29-2007, 05:19 PM
I think Disney should really try to move away from basing rides off of movies, and go back to the way things used to be, when we didn't need a movie before we could have an attraction.:)

futurecm21

littlemissgorgeous
05-30-2007, 01:19 AM

I thought so too...I always had a tame version of a roller caster ride with
" flying " doors in mind...:crying

I would love to see a Mulan based ride..maybe a dark ride with animatronics...:)

Pat-n-Eil
05-30-2007, 05:41 AM
I think there should be a ride based on Finding Nemo.

Ride Vehicle: Submarine, so we can see under water while moving.

There could be special effects in the windows too, to enhance what we see through the porthole and maybe an underwater volcano or explosion to build tension.

;)

bigrockstar
05-30-2007, 08:02 AM
I think Disney should really try to move away from basing rides off of movies, and go back to the way things used to be, when we didn't need a movie before we could have an attraction.:)

futurecm21

I tend to agree with you, to an extent... As much as I love "California Screamin'," I just wanted to point out that this is an example of the non-movie rides the imagineers come up with these days. Tower of Terror is pretty cool, but all the others just seem so uninspired or lacking the totally immersive experience of the origianal Disney non-movie rides (i.e. POTC and the Haunted Mansion), IMHO.

BTW, I agree that Mulan would be a rockin' attraction... as there is nothing remotely similar in style. It would be a great way to include Asian influences into some part of the park (Tear out the Bug's Life area and put in "China Town" or something :D ...). Since the Lucky Fortune Cookery closed, it appears that Asian-themed cuisine has been largely ignored by the park. What better way to reintroduce it, than creating a new themed land? Flick's Funfair may be cool for the little little little (3 littles) kids, but has almost nothing to really offer folks over the age of 4 (except perhaps "It's Tough To Be A Bug" which can actually be very scary for the little ones).

I think DL should move away from ride styles that already exist throughout the world (plain roller coasters, plain thrill rides, plain spinners, plain elevator rides, etc.). They should continuously strive to pioneer something new like when Peter Pan's flight came out, or POTC, or HM, or Indiana Jones.

Idea! There could be a Mulan dark ride where you actually ride the back of an Animatronic horse (like a carousel, but with safety restraints engineered specifically for this ride)! You could go through the various scenes of the movie, or better yet, there could be a whole new story line! Using various effects, it could feel like you are taveling 30 miles per hour (this is what imagineers used to do, and should do today) with various starts, stops, and bumps along the way, ala Indiana Jones. The horses could "run" three-abreast, and communicate to eachother (noises, head-nods, etc.) throuhgout the ride. It may even be comical! Maybe there could be a little digital Mushu that appears and interacts with guests (like Turtle Talk With Crush) on top of the cricket cage suspended over the far-right horse. That would be so fun! I really want to go on that ride now!