PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Reopening

cantwait
05-28-2007, 06:45 AM
Fantasmic will reopen on our last night in DL. I was going to make balcony reservations, but as you know this is not being offerred. I felt that the riverside seating was too expensive for a view that could be obstructed by other people (especially for my son, all it would take is one tall person in the row in front of us to spoil his view...)

So my questions are:

1. Without having reserved seating, where is the best viewing location?
2. What time should we be there to claim our spot?
3. With this day being the reopening, will there be any hoopla or anything to anticipate that might get in the way of viewing?
4. Are there any other restaurants that would offer a view of the show?

Thanks everyone!

Pascomom
05-28-2007, 12:58 PM
Others could probably give you more specifics but I will let you know my experience with riverside viewing last time we visited.......we reserved, paid, and sat. Literally, 1 foot away, with the rope between us, was a family with little ones also with a great view. They were on the steps next to the reserved seating area. I was kind of looking at them, saying to myself, wow, we have the same exact view, except I paid $$$. My only advantage was I didn't come hours before to stake out the spot and we got desserts and service. Worth it, yes, once, but this next trip we are taking in June, I think I am going to try to stake out that spot on the steps. It raises you above the crowd a bit.

Any further opinions on this would be a great help to me too!

Tisha
05-28-2007, 01:56 PM
When I decide to see Fantasmic I can usually go around 45 minutes to an hour before and get a good spot against the railing of the bridge over the Pirates line. There are some spots there that are partially obtructed by trees or lampposts, but you know you won't ever have people in your way. However, I would think it wouldn't work too well for children because of the railing, unless you wanted to hold your son up during the show.