PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Reservations

Pages : [1] 2

DorisZ
05-28-2007, 06:27 AM
I did a search on this and didn't find any info even though I know this subject is discussed frequently. I have a few questions

Can I make the reservations for Fantasmic ahead of time or do I have to wait until the day I want to go? I haven't done it for many years and I think I would like to do the riverside view, does anyone know how much it costs now? Also, how early will we have to be there considering how crowded it gets at the river?

We are coming in August and I will be making my dining reservations in a few weeks so I was wondering about Fantasmic as well. This is our first trip with no kids in a very long time so we will be able to do a few of the extras that usually cost too much.

Thanks everyone, even though I don't post often I experience Disneyland vicariously through you. Can't wait to hear about the Finding Nemo ride from you all!

cantwait
05-28-2007, 06:43 AM
From the DL website:

"Special seating for Fantasmic! is available for an additional charge on the Disney Gallery balcony or closer to the water near the French Market Restaurant. Tickets may be purchased up to one month in advance by calling Ticketing & Reservations at (714) 781-4400"

The balcony is no longer being offerred, but waterfront is. Sorry, I can't remember the price. I think it was areound $70

SANDYMARIE
05-28-2007, 10:13 AM
From the DL website:

"Special seating for Fantasmic! is available for an additional charge on the Disney Gallery balcony or closer to the water near the French Market Restaurant. Tickets may be purchased up to one month in advance by calling Ticketing & Reservations at (714) 781-4400"

The balcony is no longer being offerred, but waterfront is. Sorry, I can't remember the price. I think it was areound $70

Thanks for the info. We needed this.

TTFN

RocketRob
06-04-2007, 01:56 PM
I just ordered Fantasic Balcony seats for 6/15 at 9pm. I asked her several times if it was balcony seats and she said yes. Has anyone else been able to reserve balcony seats for opening night? Also, it was $59/person. I thought last year's price was higher?

disneyhound
06-04-2007, 02:36 PM
I just ordered Fantasic Balcony seats...it was $59/person. I thought last year's price was higher?

We purchased Balcony seats this past January, it was $59.00 per person as well.

RocketRob
06-04-2007, 08:20 PM
I thought I had read that balcony seating was not going to be offered this season. I was surprised when they said there were balcony seats available for the 15th.

Malcon10t
06-04-2007, 09:29 PM
I thought I had read that balcony seating was not going to be offered this season. I was surprised when they said there were balcony seats available for the 15th.People were posting that, but there was construction (and there still is some) happening in the gallery. They didn't know when it would be completed. The majority is completed and they had approval to reopen.

kares 17
06-05-2007, 06:44 AM
I just reserved my seats yesterday morning for the 4th of July. You have to call at exactly a month in advance of the day you want the tickets for, at exactly 8am to be sure you get the tickets for the day you want. (714-781-4400) I really wanted to see the show on the fourth of July, so that I could stay in my seat afterwards to watch the fireworks. (In the past if you attend the 9pm performance they let you stay in your seats for the firework display.) I absolutely LOVE it and it's SO worth the price!! I called at exactly 8am and was put on hold briefly...by the time the operator came on they were already out of balcony seating, but I did get the waterfront seating which is fine with me. The operator told me that the show starts at 9pm but they start checking people in at 7pm. You want to be there that early to get one of the best seating options near the very front. Hope that helps! :D Oh...and yes...it's $59.00pp

RocketRob
06-05-2007, 07:38 AM
Fantasmic....er fantastic news! Thanks for the replies.:D

cantwait
06-05-2007, 05:23 PM
I phoned first thing in the AM on 5/15 to make balcony reservations for 6/15 and was told no balcony :crying:

Now it seems that the balcony might still be available? Since it's the last night of our first trip to DL, and the only day that F! will be showing while we're there, I guess the $$ will be worth it.

Does this mean that our seats, if we can still get them, will be a worse view than the people who have already got balcony seating booked? [that sucks since I'm sure I was one of the first people calling on 5/15....]

How bad is the view from the back seats? DS is 54" so not too short, but still has trouble seeing over tall people at the movies.

Malcon10t
06-05-2007, 05:36 PM
I phoned first thing in the AM on 5/15 to make balcony reservations for 6/15 and was told no balcony :crying:

Now it seems that the balcony might still be available? Since it's the last night of our first trip to DL, and the only day that F! will be showing while we're there, I guess the $$ will be worth it. I was told they are sold out thru 7/5/07 for balcony.

cantwait
06-05-2007, 05:51 PM
:eek:

Grrr...

:(

I'm waiting for DS to fall asleep so I can phone - what time are the phones open 'til on weeknights?

julw
06-05-2007, 06:39 PM
We want to get reserved seating for Fantasmic! in July also. So, I guess from reading all the posts, the balcony is much better than the waterfront? I would think that the waterfront would offer a better view than the balcony? I am going with my friend and her daughter and they have never see Fantasmic! at all, so I want to try and "get the best" for them plus it is my birthday on 7/10, when I am trying to get the seats so I want to splurge. Any tips on seating would be much appreciated!

Julie

acpalmer
06-05-2007, 07:36 PM
I was told they are sold out thru 7/5/07 for balcony.

I don't know that that's true. I called Vacation Planning after seeing this post this afternoon and they were able to get me Balcony tickets for 6/27 and I know they had them available on 6/28 as well, because she offered me those first. We had been told when we first requested VP book them that there would be no Balcony and so we said Riverside would be fine, but upon learning that the Balcony would, in fact, be available I called VP planning. They were unaware that the Balcony had been made available (and she was NOT happy that VP hadn't been notified, I can tell you that!) and after my call went researching to find out. Because of the circumstance, she cancelled the Riverside that I had for 6/24 and rebooked us in Balcony when it was available on 6/27. Nothing was available for 7 tickets on 6/24-26. Valerie was amazing about working with me and so apologetic that they didn't know about the change in availability and always approached our situation that if they could find Balcony for us, they would change our reservations with no problem. I can't say enough good about how she worked with me this afternoon.

All that said, I do want to say that we have done Riverside and loved it. We wanted Balcony this time because of some of the people that are coming with us (the higher up and more removed from the throngs of people the better for him--close quarters OK, MANY people not) and because we wanted to try both at some point, so this seemed like a perfect opportunity to try Balcony. For anyone who has Riverside, though, know that we thought they were great and totally worth it for us.

kisroo
06-05-2007, 07:37 PM
I called first thing one month out and was told no balcony on 6/16. I opted for the only option~riverside. If balcony *is* available now, it will bug me but the riverside will be a new adventure!! :D Plus, Malcont10 told me it was worth it. ;)

~kisroo :)

cantwait
06-06-2007, 09:04 AM
:D

There was only 1 seat left for the early show our day...
but they did have 2 tickets for the late show.
Yay!! Now I know DS will get to see the show for sure! (provided he stays awake for it!)

vickieluvsmickey
06-06-2007, 09:09 AM
:D

There was only 1 seat left for the early show our day...
but they did have 2 tickets for the late show.
Yay!! Now I know DS will get to see the show for sure! (provided he stays awake for it!)

That's great! :D :D :D

~Vickie

Mrs Mouse
06-06-2007, 09:36 AM
What is the price difference between balcony seating and riverside seating? I know that balcony seats go for $59 per person, but I've never heard mention of the cost of the riverside seats. Speaking of the riverside area, how good is the view from here?

Malcon10t
06-06-2007, 09:57 AM
What is the price difference between balcony seating and riverside seating? I know that balcony seats go for $59 per person, but I've never heard mention of the cost of the riverside seats. Speaking of the riverside area, how good is the view from here?It is also $59. I always liked the view. But, we don't know anything now, because the riverside seating is moving. I have been told that instead of 4 rows, it will now only be 2. I can't wait to find out.

acpalmer
06-06-2007, 11:47 AM
What is the price difference between balcony seating and riverside seating? I know that balcony seats go for $59 per person, but I've never heard mention of the cost of the riverside seats. Speaking of the riverside area, how good is the view from here?

There is a cost difference for children--Riverside is only $49 for them and $59 for adults (anyone 10 and up) where it is $59 for everyone on the balcony. So if you have children in your party it is a slight difference, but not much.

kisroo
06-06-2007, 05:01 PM
I called VP this morning and they worked their magic (THANK VALERIE, BRAD, AND RAYMOND!!!!). Valerie checked for me and when she saw that balcony was available for the day/time that I had riverside tix, she transfered me over to Guest Relations to see if they would change our riverside to balcony. They did!! So, we now have balcony tix for the same day/time that we had riverside. I'm thrilled. I'll be bringing some treats to the VP staff next week!! They rock! :D

I know riverside would have been great and would have been happy with that however it's our 5th anniversary trip and Mr kisroo was really, really, really looking forward to the balcony.

Hope everyone gets it squared away soon and gets the tickets that they want.

~kisroo:)

Malcon10t
06-06-2007, 05:14 PM
Actually, I am extremely glad everyone likes the balcony, less people competing for the riverside area I like!!

kisroo
06-06-2007, 05:16 PM
Actually, I am extremely glad everyone likes the balcony, less people competing for the riverside area I like!!

I've heard that about you. ;)

~kisroo :p

DorisZ
06-08-2007, 07:25 AM
Thanks for all the info. Now I have about a month to decide where I want to sit before I have to make the reservations. :)

Suzie Minnie
06-14-2007, 01:16 PM
I just called and got balcony seating for July 14th. When I told her I wanted balcony she started with..."OH NO!" Then I told her how many she she said "phew," you just made it! I only needed 2 tickets b/c my others friends won't be there till Sunday and they don't want to buy tickets to see this. We had to get the 10:30 tickets b/c we have restaurant reservations at DTD and I didn't want to have to run back to the park at 9 to see this. I know, I won't get the fireworks in the balcony but that is OK with me. I don't want to rush.