PDA

View Full Version : walk time: Disneyland - Disneyland Hotel/Disney shuttle

kimc0486
05-27-2007, 03:10 PM
hi,

this is a random question, but how long does it take to walk from DL gates to Dl hotel? The area where the Dl bus/shuttle picks up at? And where exactly does it pick up at, I have never been to the DL hotel so I am unfarmiliar with the area.

Also, how long does it take for the shuttle to get from DL hotel to LAX? say at 8 or 9 at night?

Thanks!

D15
05-27-2007, 03:24 PM
I can't help with the other questions, but I can with the walk time from DL to the DL Hotel. It does depend on which tower you stay in, but that's really only a couple minutes' difference. We stayed in Bonita last time we went, and the days we power-walked, we made it in something around 10 minutes (but we may walk faster than some- just to add). If you take your time and mosey through Downtown Disney it obviously takes longer :)

Ah- another addition: we also had super short wait times at the security checkpoints. If they're long lines, the time will also be greater.

kimc0486
05-27-2007, 07:01 PM
No, I just thought it was random, because it is a random, weird question, most people dont ask how long it takes to walk from point a to point b.

adriennek
05-27-2007, 09:33 PM
There isn't a shuttle from the Disneyland Hotel to Disneyland. Disneyland isn't like WDW. Everything is much closer to each other. In the old days there was a shuttle but that was when the DL Hotel was across the street from Disneyland. Now there's a bridge over the street.

You can take the monorail from the hotel to Tomorrowland or you can walk to the Mickey & Friends tram area, but if you're doing that, you may as well walk to the gates - it's not shorter.

Adrienne

Malcon10t
05-28-2007, 08:01 AM
No, I just thought it was random, because it is a random, weird question, most people dont ask how long it takes to walk from point a to point b.Don't worry, most of us knew what your meant. The walk from DL Hotel to the Turnstiles is about 8-10 mins. I am thinking you are catching the LAX shuttle back to LAX and trying to figure out how much time. I believe it picks up in front of the hotel. If you catch the monorail, it could be a little faster.

adriennek
05-28-2007, 09:01 AM
The topic of the thread is walk time and shuttles. Please keep it on topic.

Adrienne

jcruise86
05-28-2007, 10:42 AM
No, I just thought it was random, because it is a random, weird question, most people dont ask how long it takes to walk from point a to point b.
I knew what you meant! :)

It's an interesting walk through Downtown Disney, and while walking it's unlikely you will come face to face with any rude weirdos!

r-we-there-yet
05-28-2007, 02:11 PM
Hueneme, I have noticed a few of your post on this site are rather negative. Are you trying to start trouble on this site? If so, please stop. Just friendly advice.

mousey_girl
05-28-2007, 04:07 PM
I enjoy the walk from DLH to the main gates. The time it takes just depends on how fast you walk. I prefer staying at DLH over GCH. In all honesty, the walk seems about equal to me. I havn't stayed in the Sierra Tower, but we prefer Bonita over Marina. I love walking through the waterfall areas first thing in the morning.

kimc0486
05-28-2007, 08:31 PM
Don't worry, most of us knew what your meant. The walk from DL Hotel to the Turnstiles is about 8-10 mins. I am thinking you are catching the LAX shuttle back to LAX and trying to figure out how much time. I believe it picks up in front of the hotel. If you catch the monorail, it could be a little faster.

Thanks Malcon10t, that is exactly what I was looking for :) Just trying to maximize my time before I have to leave since my last day wont be a full day. I wouldn't have even thought of the monorail-duh! Thanks!

Additionally, the focus of my post was the time of the walk, not to discuss the varying interpretations of words.

Thanks for everyones help!

Amysythe
05-29-2007, 10:18 AM
OK! Trust me, I'm really not trying to start "something" But..."varying interperations of words"??? What kind of definition does "random" have except:

"random adj. Having no specific pattern, purpose, or objective"? I submit that your question had all of the above and, therefore, was not "random".

I realize this has nothing to do with how far something is, but it has to do with using the English language, which is what we do. If we don't use it correctly, we will be misunderstood. Just a thought. Thanks for listening. (or, more properly, for reading). Chuck...

Entry printed from Oxford English Dictionary Online
Copyright © Oxford University Press 2007

random, n., a., and adv. SECOND EDITION 1989

(rændm) Forms: . 4 randun, 4-6 -doun (also 4 ren-, 6 Sc. rayn-), 5 -down, 5-6 -downe, -doune; 4-6 -done, 4-7 -don, (7 -dan.). . 4-5 raundoun, 5 -done, 5-6 -don; 5 rawndoune, Sc. -down. . 6 raundom, 6-8 randome, -dum, 5- random. [a. OF. randon (rendon, etc.), f. randir to run fast, gallop. The change of final -n to -m is independent of the very rare OF. form random: cf. RANSOM.]

A. n. I. 1. a. Impetuosity, great speed, force, or violence (in riding, running, striking, etc.); chiefly in phr. with (or in) great randon (= OF. de or a grant randon). Also, with a, an impetuous rush, a rapid headlong course; chiefly in phr. in (on, or with) a randon (= OF. en un randon); hence Sc. a straight course, direct line. Obs.
In common use from c1300 to the early part of the 16th c.

Drince88
05-29-2007, 11:14 AM
The topic of the thread is walk time and shuttles. Please keep it on topic.

Adrienne

Warning unheeded. Thread Closed.