PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland starts new April Fools tradition.

jcruise86
05-26-2007, 11:13 AM
OK, I'm making this up. But I bet a lot more people would go to Disneyland on April 1st if they celebrated April Fools Day.

Add your suggestions to these:
1. Allow some of the funnier Jungle Cruise guides who are interested to work the Storybook Land ride in their Jungle Cruise outfits. I always wanted to do this, and when I'm on Storybook I spend too much time thinking of jokes.

2. (mentioned on anther thread) Have one one wagon selling individual Brussels spouts on a stick for a quarter.

3. Have an extra "live" (knight or ghost) in the Haunted Mansion to scare guests.

4. Have some characters like Pete (not the kid with the dragon, but the guy who says, "Mickey da Mouse!") make appearances. There could even be a theme that Donald has overthrown Mickey for the day.

futurecm21
05-26-2007, 04:17 PM
I like it! I think they should give it a try. It would deffinately add to my trip.:)

futurecm21

Another Dimension
05-26-2007, 05:37 PM
Disneyland rarely does anything for only one day, especially if it's a real holiday celebration or a special event... :eek:

I really don't think a week (or a full month) of April Fools Fest would be a good promotion for DL to experiment with.

jcruise86
05-26-2007, 05:42 PM
Disneyland rarely does anything for only one day, especially if it's a real holiday celebration or a special event... :eek:

I really don't think a week (or a full month) of April Fools Fest would be a good promotion for DL to experiment with.
Good points. :geek:

I was mostly thinking about one-day, mostly low-budget traditions that would get guests talking.
Word of mouth publicity, and a free story on the local news would be a good PR value for Disney.
(I guess the Donald overthrow might be a bit much.)

sjcivilady
05-26-2007, 07:03 PM
Sounds fun to me, jcruise :cool:

jcruise86
05-26-2007, 08:11 PM
Sounds fun to me, jcruise :cool:
Thanks! I also think it would be fun for some of the cast members.