PDA

View Full Version : PotC - Captain Jack #3 looks different!

Stinkerbell27
05-24-2007, 05:52 PM
Okay, I was at the park yesterday and rode POTC 4 times and I swear they either gave Captain Jack Animatronic #3 a makeover or they had a new one made to look more like Johhny. Since they refurbished the ride and added the new Jack Animatronics, I have always said that the first two look really good, but the last one (as you are going up the waterfall) looks funny, just not a good likeness. I swear it looks alot better now, I even asked my hubby and he totally agreed. Does anyone know anything about this?? Anyone else notice something is different???

I know I'm not crazy, I may be a Disneyland junkie, but I'm not crazy! :p

Another Dimension
05-24-2007, 06:43 PM
It's been reported elsewhere....

It's a new face on #3.

disneyhound
05-24-2007, 06:55 PM
It's been reported elsewhere....

It's a new face on #3.

Are you sure it's not really Johnny; he was in the park recently...

mckygirl99
05-24-2007, 07:07 PM
If it really is Johnny, I know where I will be jumping out of the boat (8 months preggo and all!) ;)

jcruise86
05-24-2007, 08:13 PM
Johnny's lips don't look totally fake when they move. :mad: (I saw the new Sparrow yesterday.)
Are imagineers uninspired, underfunded, less talented than they used to be; or is making audioanimatronic lips move realistically much more difficult than making a robot walk?

tigga please
05-25-2007, 09:57 AM
someone get pics please! AAAAAAH!

jcruise86
05-25-2007, 01:52 PM
someone get pics please! AAAAAAH!They were already posted on MousePlanet or MiceAge--I forgot which one.
You wrote ". . . please!" and so, tigga, the treasure be there if ye be up fer the search!
Arrrrrr!