PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Hotel - worth 1 night stay?

swrenak
05-24-2007, 05:26 PM
Will be arriving in southern Cal on Monday, Memorial Day. Will be spending Tuesday in Disneyland (family of 4, children 2yo & almost 5yo). Tuesday night we will be moving to hotel in Costa Mesa for business meetings Wed & Thurs. Just found Disneyland Hotel price of $184 for Monday night. Originally was planning on using Priceline since the ability to go back & forth from hotel to park wouldn't matter since checking out Tuesday anyway. Figure could get a nice place for about $50 on Priceline. Will be driving, so parking costs are a factor. Have always wanted to stay at DH, but wonder if it's worth it for only 1 night since you have to check out before going to park?
Thanks for the advice...

dland
05-24-2007, 08:24 PM
I would say stay there if you have wanted to do it. I think it is good to experience it. That said I think the Disney Hotel is overpriced for what you get. We stayed there about there years ago and I thought it was time for a refurb.........so I am sure it needs it even more.

emmah
05-24-2007, 08:40 PM
for the limited time you are going to be there to avail yourselves of the things the hotel has to offer, I doubt it would be worth the extra $100. I love the DLH but the things I love are being able to wander back there at night after a long day, being able to hang out at the pool and so on. It sounds like you'll be there from what, late Monday afternoon until first thing Tuesday morning? that is not enough time to relax and enjoy yourselves. i'd suggest putting the money away and saving it up for your next trip when you can stay there for your whole visit.

cynthia312
05-24-2007, 11:19 PM
I may be wrong and correct me if I am, but I heard that at any of the resort hotels, it is a minimum of 2 nights stay.....true? :confused:

because if thats NOT true....I would sooooo love to just stay there for one night.

Raven
05-25-2007, 06:31 AM
We stayed at the DLH for one night last December.

GinnyM
05-25-2007, 06:34 AM
Where did you get the $184.00 price. We were there last week and paid $215.00 a night. We enjoyed our stay. The rooms are large, and very Disney.
We checked out the pool area which was great, but didn't get a chance to swim. I plan to stay there on our next visit. I'm not sure one night would be enough. It depends on how much time you plan to spend at the hotel. If you do see about a late check out. The Hotel will hold your luggage until you are ready to leave the park.

tod
05-25-2007, 06:50 AM
I would say no.

With only one night, you can't take full advantage of the facilities that you are paying for.

--t

julbright
05-25-2007, 11:55 AM
I may be wrong and correct me if I am, but I heard that at any of the resort hotels, it is a minimum of 2 nights stay.....true? :confused:

because if thats NOT true....I would sooooo love to just stay there for one night.

I tried to book one night june 7 or 8 ( can't remember which ) and it said error: you must stay 2 nights or something to that effect.....

biolabetty
05-25-2007, 09:07 PM
We stay for one night all the time. I would recommend that you call the phone number listed on the website, that's the way I always make my reservations. Many times the site will list no availability, but when you call there is.

BQ2
05-26-2007, 05:08 AM
We say YES! Enjoy the magic!!

kikid
05-26-2007, 05:15 AM
Will be arriving in southern Cal on Monday, Memorial Day. Will be spending Tuesday in Disneyland (family of 4, children 2yo & almost 5yo). Tuesday night we will be moving to hotel in Costa Mesa for business meetings Wed & Thurs. Just found Disneyland Hotel price of $184 for Monday night. Originally was planning on using Priceline since the ability to go back & forth from hotel to park wouldn't matter since checking out Tuesday anyway. Figure could get a nice place for about $50 on Priceline. Will be driving, so parking costs are a factor. Have always wanted to stay at DH, but wonder if it's worth it for only 1 night since you have to check out before going to park?
Thanks for the advice...
That's a great price for a holiday weekend! My vote: Stay onsite. Your little ones will love the atmosphere. Get up early Tuesday have breakfast and walk (or monorail) to the parks. Come back to your room by 11am and take your luggage to the Bellhops (directly outside the front entrance) they will hold it until you are ready to leave...Have fun;)

snappy
05-26-2007, 07:58 PM

I've stayed at both hotels (Disneyland and GCH) and only stayed 1 night. Of course I booked the room 2 days before that saturday night. Last minute reservations that is.

Gilesmt
05-26-2007, 08:14 PM
I tried to book one night june 7 or 8 ( can't remember which ) and it said error: you must stay 2 nights or something to that effect.....

June 7 has been booked out for the last two weeks but if you really want to stay you could call each morning to the reservation line and see if there is any cancelations. I was able to get all the nights I wanted before by doing this.

cynthia312
05-26-2007, 11:44 PM
okay so I guess calling is better than going through the whole online process. Because yeah, last year I tried to book a room at the Disneyland Hotel just for 2days and 1night since I live so close, but all I wanted was some Disney magic 24/7. But the site told me that I had to stay a minimum of 2 nights. It was kind of expensive for my budget [college student] soooooo.....therefore, my boyfriend and I just stayed best western nearby.

But thanks for the heads up. Guess I'll try directly calling the hotel to make reservations next time.

spectromen
05-27-2007, 12:47 PM
I say no because I've paid much less ($89-$99) in the past so 184 sounds like a ton to me.

swrenak
05-27-2007, 09:56 PM
well, here's the follow-up:
So interesting to have such mixed opinions from you all. We did go ahead and book it (by the way, booked through expedia.com - when I called I was quoted $245). We just figured it would be a way to stretch out our Disney experience. Won't have to move the car after we arrive tomorrow early afternoon until we leave Tuesday night. May have time to enjoy the pools. Will walk to dinner (at Rainforest?) Monday night, and hopefully will even enjoy the fireworks that night. We also figured that since our employer is picking up the tab for the nights in Costa Mesa, we're getting a pretty good per night rate when we only pay for this one! Now I just hope the Memorial Day crowds all go home so we can have a less stressful, crowded day on Tuesday!
Thanks!

GinnyM
05-28-2007, 08:21 AM
Why not try Goofy's Kitchen. Last time we were there I stopped by just to look at what was on the buffet and it looked great! Next time we plan to eat there. I bet your kids would love it! We have always had to wait a long time at the Rain Forest Cafe.

Wendi
05-28-2007, 08:36 AM
I think it is worth it. I would do it if I were in your situation. Parking is included in the hotel price, you can get early entry to Disneyland if you are there on the right day for it, you can easily walk to the parks and DTD, and the atmosphere is really fun, especially if you haven't stayed there before.