PDA

View Full Version : Jesus appears at Disneyland!

jcruise86
05-23-2007, 09:00 PM
On Storybook Land boat ride I noticed that painted on the tiny church in Pinocchio's village was Jesus! I thought he only appeared at Disneyland at Christmas.

Is there still a chapel at Knotts?

The Little Mermaid
05-23-2007, 09:20 PM
Yes, Knott's Berry Farm still has the Church of Reflections. It's no longer in the park though - it has been moved to the parking lot near Independence Hall.

jcruise86
05-23-2007, 09:37 PM
Yes, Knott's Berry Farm still has the Church of Reflections. It's no longer in the park though - it has been moved to the parking lot near Independence Hall.
Thanks, Little Mermaid!
This builds on the tradition of S. Cal parking lot Christian worship!

The Little Mermaid
05-23-2007, 10:44 PM
At least it's not a drive-in church! :p

Your post made me laugh because it brought up this memory:

My stepmother is not a native English speaker and apparently got her nouns a little confused. A number of years back she told us that she wanted to go to Christmas worship at the "Crystal Cantina." Being the smart-aleck that I am, I immediately quipped, "Why? So you can go worship whiskey?"

This got the carload of us kids rolling. Once someone settled down long enough to tell her what was so funny the poor dear turned beet red. Anyway, we're a merciless lot and every Christmas since then she's treated to a bottle of whiskey (though the movie Nacho Libre has us calling it "The Lord's Whiskey" now). ;)

geoffa
05-24-2007, 02:07 AM
The "Crystal Cantina" made me recall that wonderful episode of the Simpsons where Homer and Marge have got adventurous with their Lovey dovey. Homer is naked and somehow ends up grabbing the rope of a hot air balloon. He is dragged across town only to be squeaked up the panes of Springfield's Crystal Cathedral - the minister frantically telling his congregation to avert their eyes to the ground! On our visit to the L A version -someone cracked the line - avert your eyes to the ground and we just all fell about in helpless fits of laughter.
Back on topic - it's nice to know that Disney does reflect real life - given that Pinnochio hails from an Italian village the church would be representative of that country.

SANDYMARIE
05-24-2007, 05:28 AM
On Storybook Land boat ride I noticed that painted on the tiny church in Pinocchio's village was Jesus! I thought he only appeared at Disneyland at Christmas.

We'll, that's COOL! :) :) :) He is everywhere at anytime! :) :) :)

Mr.Bear
05-24-2007, 07:57 AM
That is so COOL!!! I also believe Pinocchio's everywhere. :D

shna
05-24-2007, 10:09 AM
That is so COOL!!! I also believe Pinocchio's everywhere. :D

Thank you, Mr Bear -- I needed that laugh! :)

Darkbeer
05-24-2007, 01:05 PM
I saw Jesus Saturday night walking down the Red Carpet.

That is Chris Ferguson, the Poker Champion that is nicknamed "Jesus" ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Ferguson

OneDisneyCrazyGirl
05-24-2007, 01:27 PM

Is there still a chapel at Knotts?

Shh! Don't tell people. They'll start boycotting Disney.

Again.:D

someimagination
05-29-2007, 11:15 AM
If you take a look at one of the little windows in Gepettos Village on Storybook, there's an action figure of Jesus in one of the windows to the right side if you're facing the village dead on. Hard to see at night, but you shouldn't have a problem during the day... it's our little "hidden Jesus" :D

Andrew
05-29-2007, 11:41 AM
an action figure of Jesus
Does it have Karate Chop Action?

adriennek
05-29-2007, 01:17 PM
Does it have Karate Chop Action?

How about a laser that's a blinky light?

Adrienne